Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
akgram1
Casting On

aran afghan pattern
I am looking for a pattern for an aran afghan I started quite some time ago. We sold our place and who knows where the pattern went, may have been sold although I usually put the patterns in with my uncompleted projects- this time I didn't !! It is an aran afghan made in panels as follows: cable & lace panel (3), intwined cables panel (2), cables making a diamond pattern panel (4) These are to be sewn together and edged by seed stitch border. I have the panels all knit, and some of the border done but I think there was a special joining to put the panels together and think the top seed stitch border is to be knit from the top panel stitches I have closed up in stitch holders and then the bottom border is knit and attached. I've searched all the aran patterns on the net I have been able to locate and none of them are the one I started. Don't know if it was in a Workbasket magazine from a long time ago or not but seems right. Hopefully someone has the pattern or can steer me in the right direction to find it.

Dar
akgram1 is offline   Reply With Quote