I'm totally enamored with the spiky dragons and crocodiles at morehouse yarn's website, but if I try to bring home any more yarn and kits and ideas before finishing my current projects, I think my husband will lose it!
So until I clear out my list of pending projects and empty out some drawers, I'm not going to the yarn shop. No matter what. So there... uh--- huh...
Anyway, I'm hoping I can DIY something with the yarn I have. Does anyone know the theory or anatomy of spikes like that, or really any kind of 3-d knitting where the knitting is raised up from the rest of the piece. Once, long before I knew anything more than knit and purl, I saw a pattern for a breast-cancer awareness "boob scarf" and I imagine that would work the same way. But now I can't find it.
Any help would be great! TIA!
My daughter is my knitting muse!
2009 De-Stashing/ project finishing goals:
1. Blu Jeans DONE
2. Teddy-Bear Cable Jacket WIP
3. Tote/ Diaper bag Being finished by expert-seamstress Mom
4. Cabled, hooded jacketWIP
6. Odd-ball pipe-dreamy cardiganish thing. Stay tuned.
7. Juliette's Robin Hood Sweater
8. Blanket for Juliette's Big Girl Bed (inherited acrylic stash from the age of stirrup pants with magic mohair accents).