Old 02-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
linknit41
1st Leg of the Journey

if it affects the fit, or looks really bad (to me) i will frog or tink til it is *right*. have done so MANY times, but i chalk it all up to more knitting time! guess i'm more of a process than project knitter, cause i just *love* the rhythm of knitting and i find practice helps the stitches become more even, too. i was almost finished with a pair of wristlets and boo-booed the thumb, so frogged back to the beginning, 50-odd rows, 60 sts per row., but boy, does it look nice now!!! linknit41
linknit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to linknit41 For This Useful Post:
globaltraveler (02-14-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
tokmom
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
I'm pretty fussy...unless it's an easy fix on the row/round...I will frog or tink back. I know the mistake is there and it will drive me crazy...I wish I could just let some of them go I would get more done that way
What she said . It doesn't help that my mom 'sits' on my shoulder. When I was learning needlework, she'd make me rip out hours worth of work if it wasn't done correctly. Her mantra was "If you can't do it right, then don't do it at all." I still hear that in my head.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tokmom For This Useful Post:
globaltraveler (02-14-2009)
Old 02-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #13
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

I don't call it fussy, I call it wanting to do it right! That being said, it depends on what I'm doing, how much is shows and if it affects the fit/look of the final project. If it's for a gift, I definitely frog and fix.
Interesting question!

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker
lelvsdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lelvsdgs For This Useful Post:
globaltraveler (02-16-2009)
Old 02-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
lynn893
1st Leg of the Journey

I agree completely with every else. If it's a simple fix, I'll ladder down to correct it. If it's more complicated, I'll tink back if it's only one row, or frog it if it's more.

I was working on a belaro for my oldest daughter, and it seemed that every time I picked it up to work on it, two rows later I would notice a mistake in my first row. The problem with it was that it was purple mohair. Impossible to frog, a real pain to tink. Suffice it to say, it's been in hibernation for a little while.

All knitting that you are doing is your creation. Do with it whatever makes you happiest.

WIPs: these change so quickly, if your really interested, check out my project page on Rav.

FO: Finished 14 shawls in 2010, as well as some socks and other stuff.
lynn893 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lynn893 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
lelvsdgs
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by lynn893 View Post
All knitting that you are doing is your creation. Do with it whatever makes you happiest.
Lovely sentiment and I agree 100%!

http://www.frappr.com/knittinghelp

Knitting is saving my sanity

OTN: Hats, hats and soon, socks!

FO:Hats-about 6 of them and a scarf for a coworker
lelvsdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lelvsdgs For This Useful Post:
lynn893 (02-15-2009)
Old 02-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
TEMA
Turning the Heel

I like my knitting to be correct but as long as there are no gaping holes and the mistake is mostly under the arm... and if I've been knitting forever, I just leave it.
No one but me will know it's there and I don't think anyone is going to inspect the piece over with a magnifying glass... so I'm okay with it.
If anyone does go over it with a magnifying glass and notices - well... let's just say they won't be getting any knitted presents from me at any time in the near future... LOL!
TEMA
TEMA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TEMA For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
albertpollard
1st Leg of the Journey

Do overs
My grandmother (who taught me to crochet) had this HARD finger! She would come up behind me and if there was a glaring error she would thump the back of my head.
I figure that is why I am so critical of my work. I too tink, unravel, unstitch or whatever it takes to go back and fix the "mistake" even if some people don't see it.
However, when I made an afghan for my MIL (crochet) she took it to the ladies league meeting and they went over it with a fine tooth comb and were IMPRESSED when they found out her Son In Law did it.
Thanks Grandma!
globaltraveler (02-17-2009)
Old 02-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
mwhite
Instepping Out

I'm definitely OCD! And all starts with pattern writing. I swear I must go through at least a pack of "post it" notes and several pages of legal pad before I really am happy....then there's knitting the sample, OMG! I don't know how many times I've re-written my wordpad notes! So, yes, when I knit, it HAS to be right or it gets tinked or frogged. However, I never just abandon something. I refuse to let a couple of needles and some yarn get the better of me. I am extremely fussy about correctness in a pattern. If there's a mistake, I want it to be mine.
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mwhite For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
I am very fussy!

Speaking of fairisle too...I just finished a piece doing the two handed fairisle technique...

My left hand can not match the tension of my right...so it was all bumpy...and I think I took the whole thing down at least 5 times trying to figure that out!

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crycket For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #20
sweetiekxx
Ribbing the Cuff

I like things to be perfect but I'm not fussy at the same time, if that's possible?When it comes to knitting, if I make a mistake and can cover it up, it's fine but if I make a bigger mistake it frustrates the hell out of me and don't want to frog it but know that if I don't it'll really annoy me =_= so I put it down for a bit and when I pick it back up I am back into patient mode and undo the mistakes.
sweetiekxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetiekxx For This Useful Post: