Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #41
jeanius80
Instepping Out

I think it would be fun! The mall in Federal way (Westminster?) would be good, esp. if anyone would need to bring a kid, the play area is big, with LOTS of seating...

eta-I am in Spanaway
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #42
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
I like that! The mall in Federal Way used to be called SeaTac Mall right? On 320th?

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #43
jeanius80
Instepping Out

yeah (DH just told me it's now The Commons) Our dd loves the play area train
jeanius80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #44
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Yeah, now I recognize that new name!

They tried to rename Southcenter, something like Westfield Mall.
Everyone still calls it Southcenter...so now the Westfield Mall sign says Westfield Mall at Southcenter!

Teehee!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #45
downtwoearth
Casting On

Knitter in Kirkland
Hi...I don't know what part of WA you live in, but I am looking for knitters in Kirkland, WA.
downtwoearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #46
GirlChris
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by downtwoearth View Post
Hi...I don't know what part of WA you live in, but I am looking for knitters in Kirkland, WA.
Well I am in Gig Harbor, so a bit away from you. I think one of the best tools to finding local knitters is the ravely groups. Check out ravelry.com and go to groups/washington and you'll see them from everywhere. I bet there is one in the area near you for you to connect with people close.

I am currently knitting up two more pumpkin hats for a nurse at my work who is expecting twins via surrogate this month. I haven't decided what to do after that. I think I may do a few more stuffed toys, I really enjoyed those.
GirlChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #47
knitfan
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi everyone!
I just noticed this thread and was wondering if I could join in. I live in Puyallup, Wa.
I noticed several of you knit socks. I have tried, but do not like them. Too frustrating. I like knitting baby sweaters, dishcloths, scarves and felted bags. I also would like to knit big people cardigans, but I am too slow of a knitter. I have been knitting for years, but because of pain issues in my arms, I tend to be really slow at getting a project finished. I just finished up a baby sweater that I started nine months ago.
Anyway, it is nice to see a Washington thread on here.
knitfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #48
TheMadKnitter
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to TheMadKnitter Send a message via MSN to TheMadKnitter Send a message via Yahoo to TheMadKnitter
I am a Washingtonian! Bellevue, to be exact.
TheMadKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #49
GirlChris
Turning the Heel

Hey guys. Just popping in to say HI, I haven't checked this board on a regular basis but I'll try to pop in more frequently.

I noticed some info about a South Sound Yarn Crawl May 15-17. Cute idea for the LYSs to support each other and encourage visting them all, in one weekend in fact. LOL Not sure how much I will end up doing that weekend as I do have some other commitments but hopefully I'll at least get down to The Yarn Garden here in Gig Harbor.
I'll check back sooner, C
OTN: a plarn beach bag for ME(to imperfect to give away LOL)
and another doll.
GirlChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #50
sarahandus
Ribbing the Cuff

1 Favorite yarn has been Caron Simply Soft and Berella 4, but I've discovered KnitPicks yarns and those will no doubt become my favorites, such scrumptious yarns!
2 Thing to knit, afghans (to give to Goodwill) and sweaters. Now trying to learn how to knit socks, but stuck on the heel turning, though persevering.
3 No designer.
4 At the moment Creative Knitting magazine, but subscribed to Interweave knits recently (used to subscribe to Handwoven when I was weaving, not doing that anymore though) and Knitters Magazine.
5 Yes, my Raverly name is the same as here, sarahandus.
6 I first learned to knit, sort of, about 14, but was primarily a crocheter until later years when arthritis made working with the fine threads I preferred for crochet too painful. So you might say I have only been knitting for 15 years.
7 Now that I'm working with yarn instead of fine thread, I can crochet afghans, so I mix in crocheting with the knitting time.
8 I live just south of Bonney Lake.
9 Knitting time, most of the time in the winter and in between weeding, garden planting and watering sessions in the summer.
10 How to book - The Principle of Knitting by June Hemmons Hiatt. But then I have to go to the forums, and other online places to get some more visual instructions on some things. Also I have run across questions that have sent me back to the book for an "ah ha" moment. Such and welts. Welts in knitting? But there it was big as life in the book, how to make them in several different flavors and when they are usually used.

It has been just in the last year or so that I have become more passionate about knitting and begun research on broadening my knitting knowledge and skills. Of course rainy and cold weather helps. And it's certainly been one or the other lately on this side of the mountains.
sarahandus is offline   Reply With Quote