Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
oregonknitter
Casting On

Big Notched Collar Cardigan with 3 bottons
I am looking for a pattern book that has a cropped cardigan with a big, notched collar. The cardigan has a raised and lower basket type weave to it is the best I can describe it. It does not have a belt, and the sleeves are looser. I recently purchased a book with the pattern in it, but evidently the book got tossed accidently. The pattern is near the middle of the book just behind the "pattern directions" section in the middle of the book. Can anyone help me find it. I would be very grateful. A comment by one of the ladies who had made it was that she had used Rowan's Summer Tweed yarn (reddish color). It is not a Rowan pattern however. Thanks.
oregonknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
Do you remember the name of the book?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
oregonknitter (03-11-2009)
Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
oregonknitter
Casting On

I was thinking it was published by Leisure Arts or Bernat, but I've searched what's available on line and in my local stores. I purchased it at Michael's Crafts---it was the last copy and they have since removed the book label. Could also be a Better Homes & Garden....I really don't remember.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
I looked around a bit, but didn't find any notched collar, cropped cardigans except in Vogue Knitting spring 1998 I think it was.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
oregonknitter (03-11-2009)
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #5
oregonknitter
Casting On

Thanks. I think the book has "Classic" in the title, and it is a book that has the additional directions that don't fit on the pictured garment page in the blue middle section with all the others. I can't remember what companies do this, but that may narrow it down. As I remember, there were quite a few projects. I know it wasn't Vogue, but thanks for researching.