Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
lynn893
1st Leg of the Journey

Brambly Hedge - Poppy Eyebright
Anyone ever read the Brambly Hedge books?

Brambly Hedge is on the other side of the stream, across the field.... There are lots of things to do and see in the World of Brambly Hedge, and all the mice invite you to have a good look around but please try not to frighten them......

Meet Poppy...
Poppy Eyebright is in charge of the Dairy Stump. A hard worker, she keeps the Dairy Stump running in perfect order. In Summer Story, she's a beautiful summer bride who marries Dusty Dogwood. Soon after having her three little mice (Rose, Pipkin and Buttercup), she and her family move into Mayblossom cottage.

and Dusty...
Dusty Dogwood works at the Flour Mill making all the flour for Brambly Hedge. He is always covered from head to tail with evidence of his work. He is a cheerful and good-natured mouse who marries Poppy Eyebright in the charming Summer Story.

On valentines day, I asked my youngest to chose a pattern from my 'hoard' for her birthday in July (I wanted to make sure I would have enough time to complete whatever she chose).

She chose one of my Brambly Hedge characters... Poppy and Babies, Rose & Buttercup. This is an Alan Dart pamphlet that is no longer available that I purchased off ebay a couple years ago and then put away with the intent of making it, but I had never gotten around to it (to be honest, I completely forgot about it).

So, Poppy is complete. Her two babies are knitted, but not put together. And... I've decided to make Poppy's hubby, Dusty Dogwood. His pattern comes with a baby also.

So, I'm working on Dusty right now, and will post his pics when he is done.

WIPs: these change so quickly, if your really interested, check out my project page on Rav.

FO: Finished 14 shawls in 2010, as well as some socks and other stuff.

Last edited by ArtLady1981 : 03-27-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Lynn: right-click and choose "copy image location" and paste into photo thing
lynn893 is offline   Reply With Quote