Old 03-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
dairywife
Ribbing the Cuff

Knitting Bag Question
Not so long ago there was a long thread about knitting bags. Since I have been lusting after a Green Mountain Bag, I have tried to nab one on two Thursdays now with no success. I remember someone mentioning another person that makes bags very much like the Green Mountain Bags. I can not find the name of the designer or the link to the site.

Anyone else remember this? I no longer carry a purse I carry a bag with my knitting and throw in my wallet.

dairywife is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
I bought a bag from CATRUN, an ebay girl...it resembled a Green Mountain bag. Then there are a couple of Ebay sisters who make bags like GM, too. I bought one from them, too. These bags were about $50 rather than the Green Mountain bag for $150-ish.

CATRUN doesn't make bags anymore, she had to get a fulltime day job. No time anymore, but I adored her styles!

The two sisters aren't Ebay-ers anymore, but here is a link to their website! They've gone up in price a bit, but still quite reasonable!

AllyandNettieTotes

BTW: the 'secret' to snagging a GM bag is this: log on about one half hour before she posts the new bags for the week. At first, you'll just see all the SOLD bags from the previous week. Keep refreshing your screen, and all of a sudden, all the bag categories will say 0. Zero. That means she is loading the new bags, but hasn't posted quite yet. Now, get yourself LOGGED IN. As soon as the bags appear, dont' dally: find one, buy it, and PAY FOR IT immediately. First come, first serve. If there is a 'style' that is your favorite, hit that bag first. Cuz I'm tellin' ya...the bags SELL OUT within 2 minutes or less. That's why you must 'log in' when you see the last weeks bags go to 0. Cuz if two of you put the bag in your shopping cart at the same time, the lady who PAYS FIRST, who gets her cc or paypal finalized first...GETS THE BAG. It isn't yours when you first put it in the shopping cart. It's yours when you PAY FIRST on top of it. The time it takes you to log in after you've put your bag in the cart is the time the other lady is PAYING. You lost your bag. So log in when the bags say 0. Then don't forget to REFRESH your screen by hittingthe F5 key. Now let the lurking begin!

You'll get a Green Mountain bag any time you want if you use my lurking system!

Or, just visit the two sisters website (ally and nettie) and relax!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
dairywife (03-20-2009)
Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
dairywife
Ribbing the Cuff

Thank you soooooo much. The lurking system will be a big help!! I will let you know how it goes next Thursday. My DH thinks I have lost my mind, for years my obession was desighner purses and now it is all about knitting and knitting "stuff". LOL! He laughs about it, but his mom said he brags about all of the things I have learned and goodies I have knitted.

I have drooled over the GM bags since you shared pictures of yours.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Craw
Knitting the Flap

oh wow, $150 for a knitting bag?!? I'd rather spend it on yarn. I have to bow to anyone that could afford to spend that kind of money on a knitting bag. I think now is the time to admit that my knitting bag is from Walmart and it was $1.50.
Craw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
You are sure right, Craw!!! Yarn is better! I went kinda overboard. I used my bonuses to buy bags, but now that I think about it, yarn woulda been a better thang!!!

The Green Mountain designer lady charges from about $140-$195 for her bags. She's raised her prices from when I got mine 2 years ago...but I still paid too much for a dang knitting bag. I dunno what I was thinking!

So much for a $bonus$ burning a hole in my pocket! I think I was thinking they'd last longer than yarn that just gets used up and it's gone. Like the bags would be an investment, like a swift, ball winder, blocking board and needles.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
dairywife
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by ArtLady1981 View Post
You are sure right, Craw!!! Yarn is better! I went kinda overboard. I used my bonuses to buy bags, but now that I think about it, yarn woulda been a better thang!!!

The Green Mountain designer lady charges from about $140-$195 for her bags. She's raised her prices from when I got mine 2 years ago...but I still paid too much for a dang knitting bag. I dunno what I was thinking!

So much for a $bonus$ burning a hole in my pocket! I think I was thinking they'd last longer than yarn that just gets used up and it's gone. Like the bags would be an investment, like a swift, ball winder, blocking board and needles.
That is exactly what I am thinking, they will be an investment. They will last and I will use them with every project. I have purchased yarn for at least 15 future projects and I have limited space for a large stash. So, I thought I would get a bag. (This is still part of my Christmas Bonus, LOL)