Old 04-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

I'm happy for my friend :)

Okay, aren't these fun?

On day I was at my LYS for a sit n' knit. And they liked my stitch markers, some gifted to me by some one here, and some I had made with my beading friend's help. Later the owner asked if I could get my friend to her store so she could order some as I wasn't willing to make them.

So... I got to be a model, rather my knitting did! it was fun, lol.

I can't tell you when you could buy these, so don't ask... this particular set is mine as a gift for the modeling I had to do. It was painful... I think I should have received at least one other set

[its On Your Toes Bamboo on US 1/2.25 mm, 5 stitch pattern from Sensational knitted socks, worked over 60 sts toe up, on HiyaHiyas, Magic loop]
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,730 Times in 7,103 Posts
Those are cute! I've made a few, but they look like crap because I can't get the wire wrapped nicely around like that!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
Songbirdy (04-13-2009)
Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Jan, here are a couple tips that I discovered at the school of hard knocks! Yeah, the hard way!

1) use sterling silver head pins
2) use 3" head pins

Sterling cooperates more easily, it's more malleable...and the 3" length gives you more to hang on to as you wrap. Whatever you clip off, save. You can turn it in for money eventually.

I have a little altoids can full of ss snippets.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Songbirdy!

Beautiful stitch markers! I'll bet they aren't too heavy either!

My daughter and I went to the BEAD FAIRE yesterday, at the Tacoma Exhibition Hall. Oy. So many booths I didn't even hit them all!

I bought some new beads for new stitch markers. Like I need more!
They are addicting little projects! I love 'em!

I went to the bead show to find 14kt gold-filled closed jump rings and head pins. FOUND THEM after being bounced around from booth to booth about 10 times. "No, we don't have gold, but go over there, they might have gold..."

Anyway, after I found what I came for (the gold), I could relax and shop for things I didn't come for!

My daughter and I did pretty good at holding it down, but her 2 girlfriends bought bags and bags! One of the booths this year were offering 85% off. Another fine gems and stones booth was offering discounts up to 40%, and Tessa said he's NEVER EVER offered discounts in the past. She said she thinks it's the economy. A string of his pea-sized LAPIS beads were $186-$295. My eyes about fell out of the sockets! I said, "is this string 186 dollars?" He replied, "why yes, but I can discount that string by 40%"

Well, that isn't in my league either. I only need 10 beads for a set of markers, and the strings of beads must have 50. Oy.
But my price is more like $7 for a string! And I got 3 strings of round stone beads for $7 each, and they're just beautiful!

Almost every booth was advertising discounts 20%-50%. I got my gold stuff for 20%. I bought just the amount I needed, no more.
12 rings and 12-3" head pins.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Songbirdy (04-13-2009)
Old 04-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
mathwizard
Turning the Heel

bead markers
I think your markers are beautiful. I got some free one once with a magazine I bought from the bookstore and it was from England. They are beautiful purple hearts, a favorite color of mine but yours are BEAUTIFUL!
Past Portfolio reviewer for Crochet Guild of America
mathwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mathwizard For This Useful Post:
Songbirdy (04-13-2009)
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

yes these are light stitch markers, and not too long either. Over the last 3 years I've been gifted with some real beauties and made some of my own. I've had a chance to try out loads of styles and I gave my friend some strong tips as to what I prefer. Yes, we went with the sterling silver but couldn't find closed jump rings at this time.

She mainly orders over Ebay and etsy.

I got some other beautiful markers made by someone here in a package I recieved just a while ago. I have to upload more pictures and then I can share those too
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #7
margz3
Working the Gusset

They are very pretty! How nice for your friend! I have made a few myself - lots of fun! One thing I read about, which ArtLady mentions is to use the 3" sterling head pins, but I have had a hard time finding them, and have had to use the 2". I think it would be much easier with the 3". Must find a good bead shop......

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
Woodi
Turning the Heel

Those are so pretty!

living in the backwoods of Canada as I do, I've never seen a 'bead faire'. I would prolly go mad with excitement if I ever attended one.
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
GirlChris
Turning the Heel

what a great friend you are to recommend her and show off her work so well. They are beautiful, they put my little pink and blue circles to shame. LOL
GirlChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #10
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

Those are pretty! They really look good with the knitting LOL
knittingymnast is offline   Reply With Quote