Old 05-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
lulubell
Knitting the Flap

I have a row counter on a length of wool that I hang around my neck and use that to keep up with what row I am on. Perhaps putting a stitch marker after each pattern repeat in each round for a couple of inches until the pattern is 'set' might help.

But do perservere, you may well become addicted!!
lulubell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lulubell For This Useful Post:
margz3 (05-06-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #12
margz3
Working the Gusset

Well, I went home after re-watching Amy's video on knitting with 2 circs and a print out from another site and cast on yet again! After watching the video, I found it really easy to get going working with the 2 circs - I see how it works kinda like dpns.....but is MUCH easier! I picked out a different pattern which has a pretty basic lace design and has the instructions for knitting on 2 circs. I cast on, knit away through the ribbing and did the first 2 rows of the pattern (by then it was midnight and I HAD to go to bed

I think this just might work for me The only mistake I made was forgetting to move the circ I wasn't working on once and I dropped a couple of sts, but was able to recover them fairly easily, thankfully! I really hope this one works for me!!

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #13
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts

One thing that trips people up sometimes when knitting with two circs is they use the wrong needle to knit with. Some people find it easier to use two different colored needles or cables if you have them so it's easier to see that you are knitting with the same color.

Just be careful to look and make sure you've got the right one.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #14
margz3
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post

One thing that trips people up sometimes when knitting with two circs is they use the wrong needle to knit with. Some people find it easier to use two different colored needles or cables if you have them so it's easier to see that you are knitting with the same color.

Just be careful to look and make sure you've got the right one.
Actually, I do have 2 different colored needles as I bought them (a year ago) with the yarn and the owner of the LYS suggested that as well! I did start to use the wrong needle once last night (got too involved in the movie we were watching ) but noticed after just a couple of sts.

Anyhow, I'm zipping right along so far (don't want to jinx myself ) and really liking this much better than using dpns!!

OTN

socks (still!)
dishcloths
baby afghans
HAP items

margz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #15
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Using two circs works well for sleeves and the top of hats, too. Always good to have another technique our arsenal.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote