Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
MoniDew
Working the Gusset

UPDATE: First Prayer Shawl Completed! View Pic in Post #9
Inspired by a recent sermon by my pastor, in which he said, (in essence,) “What would you do if you knew God was with you?” I began a prayer shawl ministry within my little business. The following is an excerpt from the home page at my website explaining this new ministry:

Unencumbered by fear, unburdened of doubt, unrestrained by disbelief, what would I do? This is my answer to that piercing question. My Cup of Tea presents the Prayer Shawl Ministry. It is a comfort and care package designed to support your “person” in time of need, at no cost to you. Whatever they may be going through at this time, whether they are experiencing grief, sickness, or extreme stress, we all understand the need to be wrapped in the comfort of God during those times. A handmade shawl symbolizes this comfort, along with a soothing tea and a small prayer book, will complete this package. It is offered at no cost, and I will be praying for your “person” as I handcraft the shawl/lapgan and assemble your package.

I do not engage in this ministry lightly. It will take great trust on my part that God will bring me the financial resources I need in order to purchase the yarn, the prayer book, and pay for the postage to ship the package. It will be as much a faith journey on my end as it is on yours. But it is what I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would do - knowing God is with me. If, by chance, I am limited in my financial resources, and you are unable to wait because this is an urgent/crisis situation, I will get as much out to you as I possibly can in that moment.

May God be with you and your loved one in their time of need. God bless you!

I hope you don't mind me using this thread as a way of keeping tally of how many lapgans and shawls I give away. I can't wait to see the results. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

Last edited by MoniDew : 07-06-2009 at 12:57 AM.
MoniDew is offline   Reply With Quote