Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #9951
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Sue, sorry your computer hasn't been cooperative. What yarn/project are you going to make?

Carey, Emily looks FANTASTIC!!! She can part it any which way and still look great. Yes, she looks a little more grown up, but not too much. I'll bet she loves it! And Abby looks so cute in her costume. I remember those days with DD. Enjoy them! They're gone before you know it!

Thank you all for your input on DD and her BF. I talked to my younger sister about our son last night. He's been staying/working for them for a week in WA while my parents had company. Apparently, he's much more serious about his girlfriend than we originally thought! YIKES! I've got some adjusting to do!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Abbily (06-11-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #9952
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Morning!

Carey~She looks great! Thanks for the pics. You have beautiful DDs!!

Gina~Adjusting to DD being home has been easy, although I can't believe one more person could add so much extra laundry! Can't seem to get ahead of it. As for your DD, all we can do as parents is offer advice about potential issues that may occur, help them see outside of the "raging hormones" and hope that they can see the whole picture. Trust in her upbringing and the good head she has on her shoulders. Good luck with DS too. Hopefully you'll be able to talk more with him when you are there soon.

Sue~Good luck with selling your cards. Hope others think they are as beautiful as I do!

Julie~The fingerless gloves came out great! Do you really think she will need them for almost 70* weather? Maybe with your temps a lot higher, 70 feels cold? I about shaving the cat's butt...I've never heard of that.

Dustina~Our neighbors had their cattle for beef too. I wouldn't be able to do it either. They had a larger herd, so maybe you don't get as attached because there are so many.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all well. Went roller blading the other night with younger DD and then running last night, so legs are super tired today. I haven't been roller blading in about a year. Had a lot of fun though. Have a great day everyone!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
Abbily (06-11-2009), jberry16 (06-11-2009)
Old 06-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #9953
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Gina~I'll keep your DD and her BF in my prayers ...ohh that is going to feel very cold to you guys...pack some warm long johns....Yeah they are suppose to be for meat...they told us they never have a big grocery bill from the meat and then along with the garden and fruit growing there. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it though...I was petting them on Saturday and talking to them...JD came up behind me and said now, now, remember that is suppose to be steak and hamburger (he has already said I couldn't name them) ...Mom bought half of one and he told her on Saturday, I think you just bought half of a very expensive pet ...they have told me in the spring we will buy a calf that I can name and keep
Gina, I'll keep you in my prayers, too!
(Sorry I'm late on a lot of things....)

Carey, Emily looks great with her new haircut, and Abby looks adorable in her costume!

Julie, the wristwarmers look great! Are they warm??

Hi everyone else! (As I already said, I'm late on a lot of stuff, so...)

Nothing has been going on here, really. I'm trying to get a pair of socks done for another friend. (Casted on the toe of 1st sock yesterday, on the cuff today! ) I'll post pics when I'm done. I'm also trying to finish my candle flame shawl, which is at the point now where it is taking FOR-EH-EH-VER to get across a row. Just keep knitting, just keep knitting..STOP!

Hope you all are doing well, and have a great/excellent morning/day/evening of knitting!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knittingymnast For This Useful Post:
Abbily (06-11-2009), jberry16 (06-11-2009)
Old 06-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #9954
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Hi all

Carey: I think it's great what your daughter did for locks of love. Also the little one looks so cute in her tutu. My DGD has her recital on Father's Day. I am told she will be a skunk and I can't wait to see it. She has her costume already but we won't see it until the day of the recital.

Julie: I hope your sister finds some friends. I know how lonely it can be when you know no one. She is vibrant and will meet people soon.

Sue: Sorry your computer was on the fritz. Your cards should sell well, they are gorgeous!

Dustina: Steak and Hamburger are very large. You are going to learn a whole new world I think. Prepare to have less time to knit! However, prepare to learn how to cook beef, LOTS of beef! My DGD sings a song you could sing while taking care of the cows, it goes like this...... "I like to MOVE IT, MOVE IT, I like to MOVE IT"... you could sing it like this...... "I like to MOOOOOOOOOVE IT, MOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT". Sorry, I could not resist!!!

Gina: DON'T let them know if you dissapprove or it will push them together faster. I got that advice given to me when my DD was 14 and had a 21 year old boyfriend. He was from the church she was going to and he had decided to "train her" while she was young. Keep doing what you are doing, talk, be patient, and be willing to be there for her. She will need lots of loving support when his family treats her badly, which they will! We all face the empty nest sooner or later and it is very hard, but you will get used to it in time. Good luck with all the love in the air!

Lisa: Sounds like you are having a good summer!

Ann: How are you doing?

Chris: I'm still waiting to see ho pictures!!!

I have had some kind of a bug for the last several days. DH had it too. I've gotten no knitting done. I've read a few books because I was very weak so layed around in bed and read when I was not in the washroom. I'm weak today but much better than I was the last several days.

The workman went in last weekend and fixed the floor on our trailer, so we won't fall through now if we lay on the bed! I have a vehicle to get me there, now all I have to do is find some money so I can go there and spend some time.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
Abbily (06-11-2009), jberry16 (06-11-2009), knitgal (06-11-2009), Lisa1216 (06-12-2009)
Old 06-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #9955
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Carey thanks for the pics, the girls are beautiful! Emily looks a bit more grown up; but still a LOT like a little girl. And Abbey's recital outfit is adorable. What a lucky mama to have such pretty girls.

Gina, you may have wedding bells in the future?

Lisa I had to shave the cat's butt because sometimes he'll have a BM that sticks to his fur & that's a royal pain in the butt & a big mess; always ends in me giving him a bath to loosen it and pull it off; and then scrubbing some floor and of course belaching the tub. 70' at over 6000 feet is cool; esp in the mountains where you're close to a river & so many tall pines that it's hard to find sun. She'll get lots of use out of them & will probably wear a jacket too.

Rosalie yes they're warm; though if I were to make a pair for myself I'd leave the fingers off (or at least make them bigger around; my fingers are fatter than Mom's).

I also finished the bubby bear for the baby shower last night; just need to sew on a face. Then I'll post pics.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Abbily (06-11-2009), Lisa1216 (06-12-2009)
Old 06-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #9956
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Please note having lived in farm country all my life I know it for a fact that all meat eaten is grown on special bushes. These bushes produce the meat already packed on Styrofoam trays and shrink wrapped. When cows become missing from herds it is because they have gone to the beach and have decided to stay for an extended vacation.

While living in Florida I would often find the highways filled with cow in sunglasses, ugly bright colored shirts and flip-flops. (I could never find out where they got flip-flops for hooves, maybe South of the Border on US-95. South of the Border has a lot of tacky tourist stuff.)

Eat happily and note that no animals were hurt in the writing of the email.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #9957
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Carey: Emily's hair looks great and Abby looks so cute in her tutu. You have very pretty daughters.

Julie: Forgot to say that when we moved to Montreal, Canada I didn't know a soul in the area. We lived in a townhouse very close to an air force base, so a lot of our neighbors were also away from their families. We soon made friends and had a very social life. Having a young child helps you to meet people also. Most of the very good friends I have now I met through my children. At first it was very hard not having any family in Canada but I never regretted moving from England. I hope your sister makes friends soon.

Christine: Hi, sorry to hear that you have had another bug. Enjoy the recital on Sunday.

Ann: How are things with you?

Gina: I got sock yarn out to start, but that is as far as it got.

Chris: We can count on you for a laugh.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #9958
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Non-Traditional Kilt Hose - SWS (Soy Wool Strip)

These were knit to highlight the self stripping and no patterning was included. The back has a 1x1 ribbing and a purl gusset. I am considering using a purl gusset with a twisted stitch pattern. In the future. The turn over has a 2x4 ribbing.

Closer look at the gusset.

Front of Hose.

These are to hot to wear at this time or the year.

I think I will make a set of black flashes for wear with these hose.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #9959
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Chris: Great looking hose!!! You did a wonderful job on them.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #9960
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Morning everyone!

Chris~The hose look great! Love all the colors!

Julie~it usually is a lot cooler at the higher altitudes. I guess it is a lot better to do that to the cat versus the alternative. Eww. Sorry, never had a cat before.

Sue~Good luck again at the card sale tomorrow.

Christine~You and DH have sure had your share of colds and flu this year. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Enjoy DGD recital!

Hi to eveyone! Hope you all have a great day!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-12-2009), The.Knitter (06-12-2009)
Closed Thread