Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #9961
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

Julie~Those look wonderful, did you think the fingers were easy?

Chris~Now here you post like you have trouble knitting well I don't believe that anymore...they look wonderful!

Carey~She looks wonderful with her hair cut and what a great cause! I love the dance recital costume...

Christine~I hope you feel better soon and can get away for awhile!

Rosalie~I can't wait to see your socks!

Lisa~Rollerblading sounds like fun...I remember one year we all went camping and dad had to try out JD's...he of course wouldn't start out on flat land and went whizzing by on a hill... it was pretty funny...

Sue~Good luck with the selling of the cards, I'm sure you won't have any problems!

Gina~It will all work out...they might they are in love now but these might not be the ones...sometimes you gotta get your heart broke to find the right one first...just be there and listen, like Christine said if they know you object it might back fire ...Yeah Roo tells everyone our cows don't have gutters so we can't get any milk

Karina~are you out there? everything ok?

Hi Lieke, Jackie, Carla, Dotty, Rachel, and everyone!

Yesterday we became house owners ...they are hoping to have everything out by this Sunday but for sure by the 19th...we might go over on Wed and see if they have most out and take a load...they insisted on us having a key now so we could start moving...they said if anything was left on Sunday they would just put their stuff in the barn...

Last day of VBS here and then tomorrow I go to our town's Knit In Public...don't forget tomorrow is the day world wide to KIP...

It has been raining almost everyday and everyone is excited 'cause it was getting dry but I need to get my grass cut so it needs to stop

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Abbily (06-12-2009), jberry16 (06-12-2009), knittingymnast (06-12-2009), Lisa1216 (06-12-2009), sue in canada (06-12-2009), The.Knitter (06-12-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #9962
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Lisa: Yes we have, but I think this time it was partly nerves for me. However, we did not get our flu shots when they were available because... we had the flu at that time.

Sue: Thanks, how are you feeling? I hope you are doing well.

Chris: You crack me up.

Dustina: Congrats on becoming a home (cow, kitten, barn) owner. I wish I could say the same, I'm green with envy (or perhaps it's the flu). We are just waiting for Thing 1 and Thing 2 and all their little things to move out from upstairs (end of July) and then we'll see what we get next. I swear to you that if it's someone I can't stand, we WILL be moving.

Ann: Hugs Hon, how are you doing?

World Wide KIP day is tomorrow. I have a car and it has some gas in it, a sock otn and a shawl otn. Perhaps I'll try to find a place that is having a knit day and join them! The hunt is on.....

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-12-2009), dustinac (06-12-2009), Lisa1216 (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #9963
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

Just checking in before I head down to my cousin's high school graduation.

Chris, those kilt hose look great!

Christine, I hope the next person to move in is someone you can stand! I hope you feel better soon.

Dustina, congrats!

Hope you all are okay!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knittingymnast For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-12-2009), dustinac (06-12-2009), The.Knitter (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #9964
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Yesterday we became house owners
WOOHOO!!!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #9965
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Dustina, WOO HOO, congratulations! How exciting to finally have it all settled! Roo is too funny! You'll have to get her a cow with gutters at some point.

Christine, I'm so sorry you're still feeling bad- I hope it will ALL clear up soon! Let us know how KIP day goes. Franklin Habit is here in Austin for it today, but he's at a shop way in south Austin so I probably won't make it out there. Sure would be fun, though.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #9966
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Lisa I've never had a cat either, but Mom's Pappilions have the same problem; she bathes them often (Dad wishes she'd shave them too but they're so pretty she wont).

Dustina congratulations! Now the real fun begins!
as for the fingers on the gloves the first time around was a pain in the butt & then the second & third time were easier. I had to redo the fingers on the first one remember. So I think I'll just make mine without fingers (when I get around to it).

Gonna clean the house this morning, then go to Grandma's for a snacky fingers only dinner (kids should love that) and then tomorrow I will get a baby fix for the day. Gonna watcha 1 month old baby from 8:15 to about 7 tomorrow. I'm so excited!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #9967
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Hi,

Just checking in. I've got the 'Just Keep Knitting' mantra going around in my head at the moment. My Aunt is pregnant and its late. I'm racing the baby to get my blanket finished, not sure its gonna happen but its keeping my mind off results day.

Congrats on the house Dustina.

Chris, those hose are amazing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-12-2009), dustinac (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #9968
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
[quote=rachejm;1235463]Hi,

Just checking in. I've got the 'Just Keep Knitting' mantra going around in my head at the moment. My Aunt is pregnant and its late. I'm racing the baby to get my blanket finished, not sure its gonna happen but its keeping my mind off results day.[quote]
You can do it Rachel! Just be happy you're not knitting for me, my kids always came 3-4 weeks early. (no I'm not prego)

Last edited by jberry16 : 06-12-2009 at 12:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
rachejm (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #9969
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post

QOTD: When you moved away from home & family what'd you do to make friends? (This is my sis's first time away from home and she's out of state & there's no family within 8 hours of her.)
Introduce yourself to your new neighbours; join a stitch and bitch (or something like that if you don't knit); get out and talk to people. This sounds scary, but it's the only way...

Dustina, congrats on the house

Julie, those fingerless gloves look great!

Chris, love your kilt hose

Well, I haven't been knitting much lately...I've been frogging. I've frogged a cardigan that I've knitted years ago (it was my 2nd sweater-like project) and I've never loved the cardi (actually, I hated it). I think I wore it about 10 times, before I decided I really hated it. I tried to fix some things I didn't like, but I still didn't wear it and I've been cleaning out my closet a week ago and found that cardi again and decided it was time to frog it. So now I've got yarn for another sweater project I hopefully will wear.

Other knitting news: Montera is almost done. I'm waiting for the buttons I ordered online and then I have to sew them on and it'll be done...Finally.

I've also heard when I can start my new job. On Thursday will be my first day. I'm really looking forward to it. Having 2 weeks of was great, but I'm getting tired of sitting at home and I'm really ready to start the new job.

Tonight, I'm home alone, DBF is out playing his tin wistle. I think I'll watch a movie tonight and knit on my camisole. I'm almost done with the back, than I only have the left front and the shoulder bands left and I'll be done. (exept from a crocheted border around the camisole, which will be a problem, because I've never crocheted before...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-12-2009), dustinac (06-12-2009)
Old 06-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #9970
1to1
Turning the Heel

Hey Friends,

Dustina ~ I love you new house and all that goes along with it. Our first house was a split foyer so it brought back memories looking through your slides. But we did not have a barn, or cows, or kittens!!! I am so glad that everything is going your way!!!

Gina ~ I can not even imagine what you are going through with your kids. Yup, a new spouse comes as a packaged deal whether you want it or not. I loved my in-laws before we got married and still do but sometime they can cause strife in your marriage, if you let them.

Chris ~ Wow they are wonderful but boy is that a lot of knitting.

Lieke ~ I bet you can't wait to start your new job!

Rachel ~ Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting!!

Christine ~ Have fun wherever you KIP!!

Carey ~ Your daughters are adorable. I love little girls with long hair. Yes, I guess I'm still pinning about DD getting her hair cut.

Lisa ~ My DD said the same thing, This way another little girl will enjoy my hair more than I do.

Julie ~ How is the bear going? Love the fingerless gloves!!

Sue ~ Hope the sale goes well!

Rosalie ~ Have fun a the graduation!

Ann ~ Whatcha up to?

It is so pretty outside today....finally no rain! DS15 gets his white slip today so I will be riding in the backseat for awhile. He wants to take a road trip which is fine by me....I have my knitting ready!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1to1
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
Abbily (06-12-2009), cacunn (06-12-2009), dustinac (06-12-2009), knitgal (06-12-2009), knittingymnast (06-14-2009), sue in canada (06-12-2009)
Closed Thread