Old 03-29-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
saramwilhelm8
Casting On

clemes & clemes
I recently received a clemes & clemes spinning wheel with 2 bobbins....I have searched endlessly trying to find extra bobbins for this out of production wheel.
any suggestions on where to find one???
thanks!
saramwilhelm8 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
mintdee
Working the Gusset

I own a Clemes and Clemes Kit wheel I adore it! So I would love to see pics of yours.
As far as bobbins you can go to http://clemes.com/ and call the shop they should be able to set you up. They recently started selling wheels and drum carders again (YAY!)
Also I would advise subscribing to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Clemes/ They are a quiet group but always willing to help.
Enjoy your wheel!

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mintdee For This Useful Post:
saramwilhelm8 (03-30-2008)
Old 03-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
TrinaOR
Casting On

I am the happy owner of a clemes and clemes kit wheel, I was so happy when the company started selling wheels and carders again... I will be ordering some new bobbins soon, and hopefully a drum carder as well... I have been trying to find a used one but no luck:< The wheels are a joy to spin on and those huge bobbins are wonderful. I hope you enjoy your new wheel.
TrinaOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
saramwilhelm8
Casting On

thank you!!!!!
Thank you so much for the web address!!! I had heard that they were out of business, but am so glad they are not!!! I have emailed them and am anxiously waiting a response, I have 2 bobbins full of my first spun yarn and am very excited to start plying them together!!!!!
Thanks again!
saramwilhelm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
Bettina
Casting On

I have a Clemes spinning wheel which is missing everything along the top. I have tried to reach the Clemes company but have not had success. Do you know where I can get bobbins and replacement parts?
Bettina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
SheilaP
Casting On

Originally Posted by Bettina View Post
I have a Clemes spinning wheel which is missing everything along the top. I have tried to reach the Clemes company but have not had success. Do you know where I can get bobbins and replacement parts?
I just came from the ASHE conference in Riverside CA and Mr. Clemes was there with his wheels. They are beautiful and I think I am going to buy a modern kit. His email is info@clemes.com and phone number is 510-724-2036 or toll free 800-900-4118. He told me that he usually only runs this business in the afternoons and to be patient in getting a reply.
SheilaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
divorce
Casting On

clemes & clemes

The Clemes & Clemes 8 fine tooth drum carder has been the standard of the industry since it was introduced in 1978. Professional spinners, schools, guilds, and hobbyists have long sought the quality of carding that is possible with this carding machine.

The oak frame has an attractive shape with smooth rounded edges and lacquer finish for years of durable service. The wooden tray allows easy feeding of the fibers. The carders are completely assembled and ready to use right out of the box.

The card clothing is available in fine tooth and coarse tooth. Most spinners require fine teeth on their carders. Almost any type of fiber can be carded with our fine tooth carder. We recommend coarse teeth on a carder only when carding a coarser fiber and a rougher texture is desired.