Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #9991
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Rosalie, wow, I can't wait to see pictures!

Julie, one of the moms my girls' school bought a bunch of gorgeous, but unfortunately boucle, yarn when she was pg with her first child... who is now 7. She intended to crochet a baby blanket, but now doesn't need one, so asked me if I would knit something with it. She decided on 2 hats and 2 scarves. Since it's boucle, you can't really see a pattern, so it's a pretty boring knit. I am working on the 1st scarf and tried a basket weave pattern, but you can't really see the pattern. I'm going to do the other scarf in garter on bigger needles, so at least it will go faster. I have no idea what I'll do with the hats.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
knittingymnast (06-17-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #9992
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Rosalie, wow, I can't wait to see pictures!

Julie, one of the moms my girls' school bought a bunch of gorgeous, but unfortunately boucle, yarn when she was pg with her first child... who is now 7. She intended to crochet a baby blanket, but now doesn't need one, so asked me if I would knit something with it. She decided on 2 hats and 2 scarves. Since it's boucle, you can't really see a pattern, so it's a pretty boring knit. I am working on the 1st scarf and tried a basket weave pattern, but you can't really see the pattern. I'm going to do the other scarf in garter on bigger needles, so at least it will go faster. I have no idea what I'll do with the hats.
I remember that story. Sorry it's . Maybe just a plain ribbed hat patter for each hat? That's probably what I'd do.

Ok need y'alls advice/help. Bailey's hair is bothering her; always has that's why I keep it pulled back 90% of the time. She get so mad when it's tangled & I used de-tangling spray. Anyway I told her today as she was crying when I was brushing it that we'd just cut it all off. She agreed & asked how. So I pulled up a photo of a little girl with a bob haircut and she said; "Yes I love that!" and said lets go now! She's so excited and bugging me to cut it that length. I've talked to daddy & he isn't really fond of the idea because he (like most men) likes girls to have long hair. But I told him that it'd be off her neck that way and then I could just pull the fronts back in barrettes or little elastics. So I've done that hairstyle for her this morning and we have talked about it lots. She keeps saying she wants it short like Katie & so I think I'll call my hairdresser tomorrow (works wed-sat) to see what she thinks and if she has an opening any time soon. I wont take her to MopTops for this cut, they're ok for a trim but dont do a good job at shaping it at all. Anyway Mama's of little (or big) girls out there; what's your oppinion?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #9993
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters

I'm sooo tired today...taking a break before I carry more stuff to the garage

Rosalie~can't wait to see the pictures!

Julie~this year is the first year Roo has really let her hair grow out...usually I have it cut in a short way 'cause she hates for me to fool with it...and then it gets stuff in it...she is already asking can we get it cut for the summer since dance is over...she just doesn't like to have her hair fixed unless it's in a pony tail or pig tails ...the baby gifts are very very cute!

Carey~Some of the churches have VBS in the evenings too...I had thought about last week doing our church in the morning and then another in the evening since the kids have so much fun...but figured it would be to much

Sue~Have fun!

Hi everyone thank you all so much for the excitment on moving...Chris, your post cracked me up 'cause yesterday all the kids did was FIGHT...and bicker...drove me crazy!

So we did 4 trips yesterday and I'm carrying more stuff out today for another trip...but I'm just so tired today that I don't know how much more I can do...we will get a Uhaul on Friday...

I hope you all have a great day of knitting

QOTD: Knitting? what's that?

I'm suppose to be finishing up the shawl for the shop and Roo's dress...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (06-16-2009), knittingymnast (06-17-2009)
Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #9994
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
I can't believe we're on page 1000!

Julie, Emily just cut 12" off her hair and she LOVES it. She can wash, condition, comb and style it all by herself now and she is in heaven. It's only hair, it will grow back.

Dustina, I'm glad the move is coming along! Don't overdo it!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-17-2009)
Old 06-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #9995
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
I can't believe we're on page 1000!

Julie, Emily just cut 12" off her hair and she LOVES it. She can wash, condition, comb and style it all by herself now and she is in heaven. It's only hair, it will grow back.
I cant believe it either!!!
& I'll call the hair dresser tomorrow & see when we can get her in.

Dustina did you ever get the hang of the spinning wheel?
I have been playing with mine today & I got it!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #9996
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
It's her head, her hair she should have a say, ask your DH if Bailey can pick how his hair will be cut next time.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (06-16-2009)
Old 06-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #9997
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
QsOTD:

1) Does the little mermaid wear an algaebra?

2) If you throw your cat out the window of your car does it become kitty litter?

3)
Why do they call it the department of interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?

4)
Why do you have a hot water heater when you don't need to heat hot water?

5)
If you choke a Smurf what color would it turn?

6)
Why do we wait until a pig is dead to cure it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (06-16-2009), knittingymnast (06-17-2009)
Old 06-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #9998
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
QsOTD:

1) Does the little mermaid wear an algaebra?

2) If you throw your cat out the window of your car does it become kitty litter?

3) Why do they call it the department of interior when they are in charge of everything outdoors?

4) Why do you have a hot water heater when you don't need to heat hot water?

5) If you choke a Smurf what color would it turn?

6) Why do we wait until a pig is dead to cure it?
Thanks Chris I esp. like #2 & #5.
btw Dh doesn't have much hair left, so we buzz it.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #9999
jberry16
Instepping Out

well I cut her hair after bath tonight, was just gonna cut it just below her shoulders, it was about 1 inch below her armpits; now it's shoulder length & she loves it! Daddy says, "it's awefully short." But she's excited & I dont care, she's happy so I am too...I"ll post pics tomorrow-afternoonish?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #10000
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Just wanted to point out: POST 10,000 in this thread!

Hi all, haven't been on in a while. I see lots of little girls getting hair cuts: yay for all you moms being brave and letting your little girls' hair get cut off.
I've been thinking about getting some cut off of mine, so it's off my neck for the hot part of summer (the last lady who cut it wasn't understanding what I was requesting, and I got bored with trying to explain it to her, so she got close and I said, "OK"). I'm just worried about how it will look for Amanda's wedding. I'm not in the wedding party, but I'm her attendent and I need to actually look good... my usual fluffball look isn't going to cut it. So its a dilema: will it look better shorter or slightly longer? I wish I could get away with just cutting the bottom layers but I know I'll end up looking like a bad cartoon character if it's poorly layered.
Chris, I love those jokes.

My room is finally all re-assembled, we just have to put things on the walls. My world map is up, but I need hooks for a few things, and frames for my photos and a few local maps I want to display. I'll post pictures once we have that done.
I also have all of the pieces almost all cut out for Amanda's wedding quilt! I was short by half on one of my fabrics and we couldn't find it anymore, so I bought a different fabric that was close enough... but today Sabrina discovered the bolt! So I bought all that was left. It's a really pretty geisha-umbrella print in bright aqua blue and I'll be able to use any extra easily.

Last bit of news for the night: I'm applying to U. Mass. @ Dartmouth. I'm hoping to go out and check out the professor's lab. Incidentally, I was telling NY Mike about this and he offered to be my chauffer, since if I'm coming all that way of course I would be hanging out with him some anyway... and he just got a new car. I'm going to try to convince him to visit here over the weekend of Amanda's wedding so he can be my "date" to the rehearsal dinner and the reception. I don't think he'll go for it, but I can hope, right?
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Closed Thread