Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #10021
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Here's Emily in the tree...

And Abby on the tire swing:

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (06-19-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #10022
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
I'm going to try to convince him to visit here over the weekend of Amanda's wedding so he can be my "date" to the rehearsal dinner and the reception. I don't think he'll go for it, but I can hope, right?
So, I just have to totally squeal: he actually said he thought the wedding would be fun, and he bought plane tickets last night!
Which begs the question, what self respecting, straight guy voluntarily flies halfway across the country to attend a stranger's wedding, just to make happy a girl he isn't dating? /When is he going to ask me out?
Anyway, that's my happydance for the moment. Hope you all have an excellent weekend and the storms recently haven't knocked out anything important!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #10023
mwhite
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
So, I just have to totally squeal: he actually said he thought the wedding would be fun, and he bought plane tickets last night!
Which begs the question, what self respecting, straight guy voluntarily flies halfway across the country to attend a stranger's wedding, just to make happy a girl he isn't dating? /When is he going to ask me out?
Anyway, that's my happydance for the moment. Hope you all have an excellent weekend and the storms recently haven't knocked out anything important!
I would definitely make a note to with this one.....sounds like he might be a keeper!!!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #10024
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Jess why does he have to do the asking?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #10025
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Because Chris she asked him to the wedding; so technically she made the first leap. Now it's his turn. Unless there's a mutual agreement between them saying that they can both just call eachother and go spend time together whenever. duh. jk didn't mean the duh; it was just not something I wanted to delete.
Jess I think that's great news.

not much planned for today; was going to cut Grandma's grass but it's now raining here & it's only 9:15 so guess I'll wait till tomorrow. Also need to find a swimsuit that doesn't let my top half hang out when I bend over to pick up kids or toys etc.
I have 4 balls left of red, white & blue sugar & cream & wanna make a little top for the girls to wear for 4th of July. Any pattern ideas out there y'all? They both wear the same size, well close enough. maybe a halter? I got 2 of gmas favorite dishcloths out of 1 ball of yarn & still have 1 color stripe left; thinking I could have made them a tiny bit bigger
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #10026
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

I finally have a Ravelry! I'm FEVK996, so quick go add me and I'll add you back!!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #10027
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Because Chris she asked him to the wedding; so technically she made the first leap. Now it's his turn. Unless there's a mutual agreement between them saying that they can both just call eachother and go spend time together whenever. duh. jk didn't mean the duh; it was just not something I wanted to delete.
Jess I think that's great news.

I realize that as a male I have the intelligence of a dead rat, but if there is something or some one you are interested in you need to go for it. Some men are just intimidated by beautiful women and therefore Jess is very intimidating.

But if I had even the intelligence of a dead rodent I would not be working where I am working.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #10028
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
if there is something or some one you are interested in you need to go for it.
Jess, I agree! Don't wait, he may be waiting for you! It would be sad if you missed each other because you were both waiting... CONGRATS on the wedding "date"!

GINA, thanks to all your help, I was able to wind one of the hanks of yarn from my friend into a ball with only a few minor mishaps! The first one took my mom and I an hour and several cuts of the yarn. Since you helped me get the 2nd one straigtened out, it was much easier! I started the 2nd scarf this afternoon.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 06-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #10029
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Chris I know you are a very smart man, after all you knit! Hope you weren't offended by my comment.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-21-2009)
Old 06-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #10030
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

I'm a hopeless romantic, what can I say?
Seriously, though, I know there's really no rule that says I can't ask him. I'm shy with boys, though (well, I'm fine with being just friends). It's really hard for me to do anything first - it really frustrated my ex, and I try to get over it, but it is something I continue to struggle with.
Originally Posted by mwhite View Post
I would definitely make a note to with this one.....sounds like he might be a keeper!!!
hehehe...
Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
Technically I don't think either of us leapt in the beginning. We kind of fell in together by virtue of not drinking (so we could either be lonely on Thursdays when everyone else went to the pub, or go have dinner and watch TV together), and enjoying photography. Then we found out that we have pretty complimentary interests beyond that...
It comes down to time and distance. We enjoyed hanging out in Australia, but at the time, it was a few months and then we'd be more or less permanently residing halfway across a continent from each other. Statistically, it was unlikely that we would even keep in touch. (Obviously we beat this one, but for the record, the person I had next most regular contact with was one of the girls from my school, and she lived in the apartment next to mine... I didn't see her as much as you'd think.)
Also, I know he doesn't want another long distance relationship. He's had a couple of failures in that department. Which is fine with me. We may end up living closer together, some time in the future - he's looking for jobs all over the country and I'm looking at grad schools in the same region (ie all over). Or he might decide (have decided? he IS flying out here to go to a stranger's wedding...) that he's willing to risk long-distance one more time. If I don't think he wants to try long distance again, I can wait.
Or maybe I'm just crazy and nothing's going on and he has some completely mundane reason for agreeing to this.

Speaking of the wedding, Amanda had her final wedding shower today, and afterwards Teenie and I went shopping and I actually found a dress that fits well! I'm an oddball size: well, less an odd size than a shape that a lot of clothes simply won't work with. So it's really frustrating to go clothes shopping. So finding a really cute dress, that actually fits, and is a good color on me, is amazing. Also, its a size smaller than my normal size, and the next size below that fit pretty well, too.

In otherwords, I'm having an amazing week.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Closed Thread