Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #10041
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
wow! no one's posting guess everyone must be super busy...

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #10042
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Lieke: Be careful not to get too much sun. We don't want you missing train and knitting time going to work.

Julie: Remind me to tell you a joke some time about grass and tribes! I can't post it here, LOL!

Chris: I won't see her for a while now, but will pass on the message as soon as I see her.

Dustina: Congrats on "BEING HOME" and on getting your internet hooked up.

Carey: She is too! I love her soooo much! You should have seen how excited she was when her Grampa gave her the flowers.....

Hi Lisa, hi Ann, hi Gina. How are you doing? If I forgot anyone, just smack me!!!

For those of you on my Facebook, there is an album of pictures from the dance recital.

Thanks everyone, I am proud of my "little stinker". She was so good and so cute!!!

We had another busy day today. First we went to see DH's Dad for Father's Day. Then we all went out to Swiss Chalet for supper. Then we went to the Mass dedicated to his Mom. We just got home.

By the way, for those who care, I GOT MIL'S SHAWL BACK TODAY! I am so pleased to have it here. I wrapped it around DH and I and we got a "hug from his Mom".

Tomorrow I might just sleep all day long, or perhaps I should do some cleaning, but it's very hot here and the fools upstairs won't put on the a/c because it "costs too much". I got laundry done on Saturday. We've been in and out since then and the place is a hurricane site!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-24-2009), jberry16 (06-23-2009), knitgal (06-23-2009), Lieke (06-23-2009)
Old 06-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #10043
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi all.

Just a quick check in, feel bad as I have no knitting to report.

Christine: Your dgd looked so cute. Glad you got the shawl back.

Dustina: Glad you all moved. How are the kids liking their new abode? It will take a while to get everything sorted.

Lieke: Glad you like the new job.

We had the boys here on Saturday. They did go swimming in the rain. Hubby went in and I stayed by the side with my umbrella. The water was warm, so they stayed in for about 30 minutes. Too bad the weather was so lousy.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #10044
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
OK Sue, you can smack me now! How could I have forgotten you??? Shame on me!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #10045
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Lieke, glad your trip went well and glad you're enjoying your job!

Christine, I'm so glad you got the shawl back! Sorry about the A/C situation, that stinks! When did you say they're moving out? Next month, right?

Sue, don't apologize, we love hearing from you even when there's no knitting going on!

Julie, I have been busy, but it seems like I'm doing the same thing every day, so my posts would be terribly boring. How's your class going?

Everyone else- HELLO! Hope you're all having lovely summers!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
Lieke (06-23-2009)
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #10046
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Julie, I have been busy, but it seems like I'm doing the same thing every day, so my posts would be terribly boring. How's your class going?
I have a second exam to complete this week (maybe I'll do better than a 70 on it fingerscrossed And to complain a bit we have these group projects and I'm the only one in the group getting off my a$$ to complete them. I've been the only contributor on the first one and the second one I at least had communication with 2 other; but they didn't do anything, just talked. So now we have the 3rd part due on the 5th and I've asked for their imput on how they want to split the duties so I dont do all of it...but so far no responce, imagine that. So I'll just complete it on my own & wait for them & then probably be the only contributor again & submit it. The only good part about that is that we have a 'peer review' for each part of the group project and so we get to grade eachother & ourselves...so I'm keeping notes on who talkes to me and who doesn't. The total points for the project is 100 and so far most aren't getting any points which will hurt them in the long run. 20 pts per project. Anyway I am the kind of person that has to get things done asap and turned in asap because I never know what life will bring or if internet will be down or whatever; so I like to take care of my stuff right away & then not have it hanging over my head.
aren't you glad you asked

Glad to be able to read a few posts on here this morning. Gets kinda boring when I come on here to check & there's no one replying.

O today's Tuesday right, the 4th tuesday? It's knit night tonight then! Hopefully Dh will be home before 7:30 and I can go. But I have nothing on the needles; its a sin I know. Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #10047
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Dustina, great to hear you've moved in

Well, DBF is gone tonight, so guess what I'll be doing...yes, I'll be knitting. Today was a crazy day at work, but I managed quite well. Tomorrow another work-day and then I'll have a day off. I'm looking forward to that as well, even though I really like the job, I also love my days off.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lieke For This Useful Post:
dustinac (06-24-2009)
Old 06-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #10048
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Lieke View Post
Dustina, great to hear you've moved in

Well, DBF is gone tonight, so guess what I'll be doing...yes, I'll be knitting. Today was a crazy day at work, but I managed quite well. Tomorrow another work-day and then I'll have a day off. I'm looking forward to that as well, even though I really like the job, I also love my days off.
Days off are always loved. Enjoy your knitting tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
Lieke (06-25-2009)
Old 06-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #10049
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Good Morning sole mates:

May your day be filled with pleasant hours of kn1ts and purls!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #10050
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Chris, you're so sweet!

Lieke, enjoy your day off and your knitting time!

Julie, I always hated group projects for that very reason- I always wanted to get my part done, and the rest of my group usually took advantage of that. I'm glad you have peer review! Good luck on the exam!

I was sitting by the pool yesterday at this hotel where my kids are having their swim lessons. About 30 minutes into it, this woman walked it, saw me, and made a beeline for me. "Are you knitting?! That's what I've always wanted to learn!" She's going to be at the hotel for the rest of the week, so I told her if she'll bring some yarn and needles on Thursday, I'll teach her to knit while my kids are having their lesson. Hopefully an hour is enough time, but I'll definitely give her this website for more help!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (06-24-2009), jberry16 (06-24-2009), Lieke (06-25-2009)
Closed Thread