Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #10101
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning socksters!

Chris~I'm heading home (WV) Thursday (maybe tomorrow)

Emily~That is cool, Roo asked last Christmas for a violin she wants to learn how to play everything...

Gina~ I don't have text messaging but I could see me doing that

Julie~ohh pretty pattern, can't wait to see yours

Lisa~Sounds like you are busy...I know at kip several of the moms were saying the kids won't talk to them on the cell phone but will communicate better with them through text messages

Christine~That stinks about the weather, I hope you got to enjoy a nap

Jackie~We are down to just the little stuff now left in the garage...and then JD still has to hit his computer stuff 'cause I don't know how he wants it all

Sue~I should tell you that where we live now we deal with the Amish a lot and they are very nice up here! Not like they were in town at all. JD buys his grain from them and their is a little house we can stop in for cheese, pies, eggs, etc. They drive by daily in their buggys and wave, it was odd to see at first! The guys that sell JD the grain they won't deal with me though JD has to buy it

Hi everyone hope you are all doing good

Thank you all for the wishes/prayers for my grandfather he goes Thursday for the MRI and then they got to get in with the DR to read the results and they told mom that could take 2wks

On Sunday I had JD at the ER his right eye dilated and wouldn't go down...and then yesterday we had him at the eye dr...it's still a little dilated but looks better. They said he had traumatized it which led to the eye paralyzing...he was cutting grass and didn't have his glasses

While waiting at the hospital and yesterday I did finish Roo's Twirly skirt it doesn't fit very well in the waist but she likes it and will grow into it ... I still gotta weave in the ends

Weather wise here we have been hot and muggy which is odd for this time of year...that doesn't hit usually till July/Aug...but today it's only 70 and tomorrow only in the 60s

QOTD: All I have OTN right now is a shawl for the LYS and hoping to finish up that SOON...then I'm waiting on a test knit pattern to come in the inbox...and then I gotta work on the baby dress I'm making my cousin who is expecting a girl

I hope you all have a great day of knitting
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	roo in skirt.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	53026  Click image for larger version

Name:	roo twirling in her skirt.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	53027  

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-01-2009), jberry16 (06-30-2009), jess_hawk (07-01-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #10102
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina the twirly skirt looks great!!!

We're fixin to leave and meet Brian in the park for lunch today.

Ann whatcha knitting?

everyone else!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-01-2009), knitgal (06-30-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #10103
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Gina~ about the text from DS!! Did you meet his GF when you were in Washington?

Dustina~the skirt is cute! I made a jumper for DD when she was about 5 and she wore it ALL the time. I think I still have it. Glad to hear JD's eye is okay. Strange how that happened.

Julie~ have a nice lunch!

Jess & Chris~Took my MIL to a Fiddler's Convention one summer and it was fun listening to all the music.

Hope eveyone's having a good day. Pouring rain here at the moment. Suppose to be like this all week. Hope it clears out for the weekend.

QOTD: I only have the same lacy scarf OTN that has been there for the past few months. Every so often I pick it up, but not working on it regularly.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #10104
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Jess, Glad your bro is okay. My niece is a really good violin and fiddle player. She just graduated high school and is going to major in music performance in college. She often plays with an Irish band (fiddle) and also plays with the Portland youth Symphony (violin).

Dustina, your grandfather is still in our prayers. Poor guy. Ane Roo looks SO cute in her skirt. It turned out really cute. Could you put elastic in the waistband?

Julie, have fun at the park! Sounds nice!

Lisa, feel free to send some of that rain here! We'll take it, even on the weekend!

I cleaned my office today. I have a student coming for tutoring this evening. But in knitting news, I finished my Converse Baby Booties. I don't have the star medallion for them, though. Any ideas how to knit that?
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	HPIM1481.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	53029  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #10105
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Hey everyone!

OK, am I just not very observant, or is that bright orange "Reply to this Thead" button new? What is a Thead, anyway?

Chris, too bad about the near miss SEX! Better luck next time!

Julie, OW! Sounds like a terrible knee injury! QOTD: I currently have a drop-stitch scarf on the needles (the 2nd of the two boring scarves) and Abby's Christmas stocking. I'm trying to make myself finish the scarf before getting back to the stocking... I love the sock pattern you're working on!

Jess, I'm glad to hear it's "just" acid reflux and your brother is doing OK!

Gina, I can't wait to see the converse booties! As for the FLS, I'd follow your heart... if you don't really like the swatch for it with those yarns, find something else. If you like the stockinette swatch with those yarns, I'd find a pattern for it; but if you don't like it, I think I'd unwind it rather than putting the effort into a project you won't like- unless there is someone you want to knit for who would like it. Seriously, check my ravelry stash pages- if I have something you think would work for your FLS (or any other project you have in mind!) PLEASE let me know! I need to do some stash reduction anyway...

Chris, I don't think fiddling with the future is a good idea...

OK, I started this reply several hours ago, so I bet I've missed lots of other replies... I'll post for now and then catch up again. Hope everyone is having a great day!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-01-2009), G J (07-01-2009), jberry16 (06-30-2009), jess_hawk (07-01-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #10106
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

HI!
Sorry, I've been a bit lazy about replying but I have been reading.

I've just come back from a job interview! I think it went OK so I'll just have to wait and see what comes of it.

I've got a toddler sweater on the go at the moment so I better get back to it before he grows anymore!

Hope you all have a great week!

xxx

The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-01-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #10107
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

Hi, all!! I'm back for a little while!
I've decided that I'm getting overwhelmed with knitting and that I need to take it one project at a time. For right now, that project is socks!! I'm working on a pair of Monkey's in KP Gloss. I love them!!
The Following User Says Thank You to knittingymnast For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-01-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #10108
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by knittingymnast View Post
Hi, all!! I'm back for a little while!
I've decided that I'm getting overwhelmed with knitting and that I need to take it one project at a time. For right now, that project is socks!! I'm working on a pair of Monkey's in KP Gloss. I love them!!
I almost co for monkeys. How do you like the pattern? Isn't it a 12 row pattern? (I need simple 4 row patterns)
I have the heel turned on my first sock! took a pic with the phone inside and it was crap so I'll take another and show y'all later.

Gina those booties/shoes are SO CUTE!!! as for the star, hummm. Maybe search 4th of July on ravelry & see if anything comes up? Another though is that Carla made these, check her ravelry page. never mind I lied, she didn't use stars.

Last edited by jberry16 : 06-30-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: 'nother thought for Gina
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-01-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #10109
jberry16
Instepping Out

Here's the photo promised... used the kids pool as the backdrop.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	53030  
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (07-01-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #10110
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
OK, am I just not very observant, or is that bright orange "Reply to this Thead" button new? What is a Thead, anyway?

A thread is a series of posts related to a single subject on a on line forum. For example "Any Sock KAL 2" is on of the threads on the Knitting Help forum.

Closed Thread