Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #10171
Jesslynn
Ribbing the Cuff

I think I'll just keep going as is and live with it. It's not like there going to be perfect. Besides, they're just socks for myself.

knit FO: legwarmers, doll dress, 3 scarves, ribbed stocking cap, seed stitch hat, chenile skirt, cell phone carrier, carseat baby blanket, child's mittens, ballet bun snoods, single sock
OTN: double-knit scarf, baby sweater
crochet FO: ruffle scarf, baby dolls, octopii
OTH: octopus

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #10172
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Jess, I laughed at your description of the diffuser scent. Yuck!

Chris, you must be in cahoots with my son! Everyone else around here knows what towel rods are for!

Jesslyn, you can by all means re-do the ribbing, but I'd finish the sock first and then decide, unless you JUST finished the ribbing and it doesn't fit. You'll follow the instructions for "Length Reassignment Surgery"(link) for your knitting. I know you're not changing the length, but this will allow you to re-knit the ribbing with a different size needle. You WILL need more yarn and you'll then be knitting bottom up, but it turns out the same either way. Very cool, actually! I haven't done it on a sock, but I did it on a sweater. Kinda scary, cuz you have to CUT your knitting, but it turned out great once I got it done. BTW, welcome to this KAL! Tell us a little about yourself!

Hi to everyone else!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-06-2009), jess_hawk (07-07-2009)
Old 07-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #10173
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Chris, you must be in cahoots with my son! Everyone else around here knows what towel rods are for!

Towel rods are designed to hang pantyhose - right?

Old 07-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #10174
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
I hope you're kidding. Towels should be hung, not thrown on the floor.
What about the requisite foot-towel for standing on instead of cold linoleum? Also, what if your towel rack falls off the wall? (I had a faulty towel rack in Aus, it could support the weight of a towel but if I didn't lift the towel straight off it would pull off the wall. Needless to say it wasn't used much after the first time I dropped the pole on my foot.
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Towel rods are designed to hang pantyhose - right?
also, for drying blue jeans and swimsuits.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Old 07-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #10175
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
morning all!
Trying to decide what my schedule will be this fall...not looking forward to it. I have microbiology left and anatomy & physology 1 & 2 left along with the labs for each. Not taking but one course each term, but sheesh. This is hard because they dont offer them all on Saturdays or Thursdays and that's when Brian can watch the kids. Grandma will be 80 in Oct. and these 3 wear her out and Brain's dad is the only other possibility but I'm not sure that he's up to it either? only one way to find out & that's to ask.
Part of me just wants to put it off till they're older and then finish up when they're in school. Granted if I plug away now I could be done by that time & ready for clinicals...

I did finish my first sock last night and need to co for #2 today, it fits PERFECT!!! I'm so happy. and we bought a monster pool yesterday, it's a 12' x 3' and it's huge. holds over 22k galons of water. The kids know that they're not allowed to touch it unless we're out there & the ladder is removable so they can't get in without that. Jacob can barely see into it when stading on the ground and the girls both need step stools to be able to see into it like Jacob. I'll take pics later when we get in it. The water temp was 80F last night after it was done filling up at 8pm.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #10176
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
I almost co for monkeys. How do you like the pattern? Isn't it a 12 row pattern? (I need simple 4 row patterns)
I have the heel turned on my first sock! took a pic with the phone inside and it was crap so I'll take another and show y'all later.
The pattern is surprisingly simple. I can't do "hard" patterns, and this one was a breeze. It just takes a little getting used to, and it's actually an 11 row repeat. I also usually have problems memorizing patterns, and this one I memorized in a few repeats. It's not that hard, so you should try it!

I'm sorry if I'm not really up to speed on stuff, and not really commenting on anything. I've been sucked into the world of Ravelry!!

Also, this seems appropriate, so here's the link to lots of free sock patterns! I'm not sure how many you all have seen, but they're all in one central location, so I thought that I should post it. Enjoy!! http://wendyknits.net/finished-work-...-tips/sub-page
The Following User Says Thank You to knittingymnast For This Useful Post:
rachejm (07-06-2009)
Old 07-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #10177
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Happy belated birthday Gina!

I have a DS Lite, I bought it as a present to myself for finishing my dissertation. The theory was that each time I finished a subsequent assignment or exam I could buy another game. I have More Brain Training, but I got bored of it after a while, I can't seem to improve my score no matter how much I train but I do like the sudoku. I liked the original Brain Training better but borrowed it from a friend. I haven't tried guitar hero for DS yet. I'm going to get Professor Leyton when the price goes down.

I've had a little bit of a shopping spree over the last couple of days. I know I'm due some money back from a deposit I paid so I feel like I can afford to spend a little. I bought a set of Knit Picks DPNs and some malabringo sock yarn, I will be waiting anxiously by the door for the postman for the next few days. I also went on amazon and ordered Folk Socks, Folk Mittens and Knitting Rules. Gotta stop shopping! Must find job!

Still haven't heard anything about the job I was interviewed for, keeping fingers crossed, took them ages to ask me for an interview so I'm sure I'll find out soon, one way or the other.

The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
G J (07-06-2009)
Old 07-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #10178
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Emergency supplies

Old 07-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #10179
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Hey sockies! Once again, I spent the morning catching up on the board in bits and pieces, and now that I have a minute to post, I can't remember what I wanted to respond to...

GINA- Happy Birthday! I say definitely go on the cruise! I've been on 2, though not to Alaska, and I had a blast both times.

OK, I can't seem to concentrate for more than 5 minutes at a time before I get distracted. How dare people expect me to *work* while I'm here at work!

Hope you all are having a lovely day!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 07-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #10180
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, it's hard to go to school when you have little kids and are trying to schedule around your DH's schedule. We're so proud of you for doing it, though! When setting your schedule, be sure to check ratemyprofessor.com so you don't end up with really bad teachers!

Rache, have you called them back about the job? It's important to show interest and incentive (without being a pest, of course).

Chris, great comic! Who wears pantyhose anymore?!? Esp in summer!?! UGH!

I'm cleaning (or pretending to) today. Not much seems to be getting done! But I did finish my first attempt at re-doing the baby converse bootie pattern so it doesn't have three separate pieces on the front. I also eliminated the back seam. Pics later when I can borrow a camera!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (07-06-2009)
Closed Thread