Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #6141
suzie44
Casting On

I came across this site googling and I am so glad I did it's a fantastic site just what I am looking for.

My daughter is expecting and I haven't done any knitting or crocheting for many many years so I am very rusty.

Looking forward to getting to know you fab knitters
suzie44 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #6142
spinstersis
Casting On

hi new today hope to enjoy many good days here. will be full of questions soon spinstersis
spinstersis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #6143
doroane
Casting On

Hi there!

Thank you for the how-to for forum.

I'm currently trying to fix what happened when I had worked on my knitting while I was upset by more bad news from the dr.s about my husband's cancer fight. I dropped some stitches and it was down 4 or 5 rows before I noticed it.

Right now my husband is singing next to me; he sang to me for the first time on our first date. I'm praying that God will clean out the cancer from all of the different places it is in his body.

I thought I'd like to talk to someone about knitting, reading, and about my husband, if you don't mind.

Karen
doroane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #6144
yok2tog
Casting On

Great to Be Here!
Hello all! I've been referring to the videos and whatnot on this website for awhile, but decided that I should join the community! My mom taught me the basics of knitting when I was a teen, and I've been teaching myself stuff ever since. I should learn a lot here!

I made my first piece of clothing this winter (a sleeveless sweater, I'll put it in the FO thread soon), not counting scarves, and a couple of toques. My first scarf was *huge.* I like 'em big so I can wrap them around my neck, over my head and around my neck again. I cast on enough stitches for a 12" wide sweater and finally stopped when it was 60" long - perfect. Okay, maybe a little too long...

For the past few months, I've been having friends who knit (or crochet) over once a week, and we're all really enjoying that! We call it the Itty Bitty Knitty Club. I'm currently working on a Shipwreck shawl (a friend and I are doing it together) and it's going pretty well... might post a question about it later.

Take care everybody, and nice to meet you!
yok2tog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #6145
skysoldier
Casting On

Hello to all I hope I'm welcome herE! btw I'm jeff!
skysoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #6146
SimplySue
Casting On

Old Newbie
Hello to Everyone,

I have just started knitting because a friend reminded me how relaxing it can be. She convinced me to engage my hands at night when I might eat instead. My grandmother tried to teach me about 35 years ago. A lot of it came back. I never had an interest until now. My mom knits also because of the encouragement of her friends where she lives. I've looked at books but seem to learn best from videos. I know this site will help. It would be fun to be able to do some elaborate patterns. They can be beautiful. Excited!

Sue
SimplySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #6147
bunny1103
Casting On

Somewhat intermediate knitter
Thanks so much for this site!! I LOVE the videos...they are so much more benificial than the pics in "how-to" knitting books! Still trying to learn about all this posting though!
bunny1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #6148
rochelleb
Casting On

New here!
Hello everyone. I am a reborn knitter. I have started up again knitting but now I am looking for new ways of doing things and also help on some projects that I want to do.
rochelleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #6149
abiahheign
Casting On

HI to all the members of this awesome forum.
I am Abiah Heign from UK. I am new here, I am looking forward to enjoy this forum. I like knitting but don't know how to make my own. That's why I joined this forum, to get some ideas and also to share mine.
See you around.!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #6150
BDM
Casting On

New to Forum and need help with a stitch.
Hi Everyone - Several years ago I discovered this site and have been referring to it ever since as I LOVE the videos whenever I'm stuck. But I cannot find a video for this stitch... (p1, k1) into yarn over. Has anyone ever done this? I have been Googling for days trying to find a video that shows how to do this stitch but can't find one. I'm knitting a mesh top that has a 4 row repeat with this stitch on the purl side. A few of my knitting friends have shown me a few versions, but it's still not coming out right. Please help! Thank you.[/font]
BDM is offline   Reply With Quote