Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
nordie
Casting On

Help with circular needles
I just started a project with circular needles, about 3 inches in to it and my work is twisted. I don't know how I did it, but I cannot seem to get it turned around. Is there any way to fix this or do I have to start over. Nordie
nordie is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
It could be your needles have a twist in them. And it's very easy to twist the sts while doing the first round, even if you had the cast on straight when you joined. What you can do is slide the sts to a smaller (size not length) circular needle to see if it's the sts that are twisted, or your circ. If it's the circ, you can hold the cord in very hot water for a minute or so, and hold out straight as they cool. If it's your work, then you'll probably need to start over. Or you could rip out to the 2nd round, then put the sts on the needle one by one. Then look at the end of the first round, make sure everything's straight and you're good to go without casting on again.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
What are you making? It helps us when you mention that when asking questions.

Are you knitting in the round and your first row of stitches are twisted? If that is the case there is nothing to do, but start over unfortunately. An easy way to help prevent that is to knit the first few rows flat then join. It makes it easier to see that you've not twisted when you join.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote