Old 07-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #31
imrachel
Knitting the Flap

I love knitting. I love seeing that other people love knitting. I love to talk to people about their knitting. But if I saw someone walking anywhere near me while knitting, I would not be very happy. Waiting in line at a grocery store is one thing, if you keep moving when necessary. But walking in the aisles in a bookstore or any other shop, is just really, really inconsiderate. If I bump into you and get hurt, or even if I bump into you and YOU get hurt and then I feel bad about it-- inexcusable. There are sometimes small children running around. They shouldn't be, but they do, and if they knock into you and get hurt or hurt you. . . We can leave our knitting alone for short times during the day. We NEED to leave our knitting alone for short times during the day. If you're on your own treadmill at home, that's your business. But out in public-- that becomes everyone else's business. Being careful is just not enough. You can't predict accidents (that's why they're called accidents). Some activities in life should not be done while in motion. And yes, I know about the Shetland women who would work or walk and knit. That doesn't mean they never poked an eye out. You wouldn't walk around with open pairs of scissors in your hands. You wouldn't walk around with lit flares. I just don't understand why folks need to do this or defend it!!!
imrachel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!