Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #1
BettyLuvs2Knit
Casting On

Should Ashley Paige's patterns be published for the public?
So I've only been knitting for a few years. I was shocked when I started because it just came naturally for me. I wish I had started when I was younger. I was nervous to start an actual pattern- had only been doing scarves! - as I thought it might be too difficult to decipher. This too seemed not to be problem for me either.

Right now I am looking at one of Ashley Paige's "most popular" pattern books: Sexy Little Knits. Most of the patterns are not very difficult and don't require a high skill level to complete. However, I found her pattern writing technique VERY difficult to understand.

I would like to start working on Little Mermaid Strapless Top but have found it very confusing. This is not a confusing garment to construct, so why does the pattern make me go: HUH?!?!

Will someone please help me to decipher this pattern so maybe I could make this before the summer's through? ...or maybe have it handy for next summer?

FYI: I thought it might be smart to visit her website to see if maybe I could get feedback from her- or her "people". But that was a dead end as her site's only focus is to find empathy in the public about her follies in the clothing design industry.

She patterns great garments, but.....
BettyLuvs2Knit is offline   Reply With Quote