Old 07-27-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
auntcrafty
Knitting the Flap

Brainstorming
I know this could be considered a thread for the Charity section, but wasn't 100% sure, so please feel free to move it if it needs to be.

Would love some help "brainstorming" what to do to raise money for missions teams. Since our group - Compassionate Crafters - has been making things primarily for missions teams to take with them, we thought we would do something to help raise money for a woman doing a solo trip.

Suggestion was for silent action items or a raffle, but I'm not sure where this falls under the copyright laws -- making something and then donating it to the "cause". Is raffling considered selling?

All the things I have seen auctioned/raffled in the past have been nixed by me because we are in a warm climate -- afghan/blanket/quilts, hats, mittens, scarfs, socks, etc. If it were closer to Christmas I would do this so people could send them as gifts to loved ones on the mainland.

I would love to do a lacey stole (cool evenings/air conditioning) to auction off, but know that is unrealistic for me to complete in the next few weeks with everything else I have going on.

Any suggestions? Our next meeting is 8/4 and I would have to get the pastors' approval before doing anything.

"....that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love... Colossians 2:2
auntcrafty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-27-2009, 02:35 AM   #2
raissazhou02
Casting On

Very cool idea, i think it will be very fun, I will support you all the time.
raissazhou02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
mathwizard
Turning the Heel

auction
If you crochet, I would say a shawl as they are quicker to make than knitted versions. How about a ticket to make an item for the winner. Make sure there is a limit on the price it will cost to make and therefore the winner can decide on what they would like.
Past Portfolio reviewer for Crochet Guild of America
mathwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mathwizard For This Useful Post:
auntcrafty (07-27-2009)