Old 08-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #6191
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Originally Posted by kreweel View Post
Hi, I am stuck and hope someone can help. I am knitting a pattern that has in it, (yfwd) twice. I get that part, but am confused about what to do on the next row, which is the wrong side, and it is a purl row. Hope this makes sense and someone can help me, ready to take off the needles and search for a new pattern.

Thanks,
Lee Werk
lfwerk@yahoo.com
Welcome! Questions get more attention when placed in the How-to section, but I'll get this one here. What you do with the double yo depends on what it's purpose is in the pattern. If you have a large eyelet in the pattern, the WS row will usually tell you to drop one of the yo's, and you'd purl into the one that's left.

If you have to work both of the yo's, then your best bet is to purl one and knit one on the WS row.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #6192
Dari
Ribbing the Cuff

New member :)
Hi! My name is Rachel (but you can call me Dari... it rhymes with starry ) and I'm new to the forums. I've been knitting since January, but so far I'm too much of a wuss to try anything more complicated than garter stitch (it's scary to go outside your comfort zone!!), so I make a lot of scarves. Luckily they make really great gifts, so I'm not just making them for nothing! I look forward to making new friends and finally getting over my fear of more "complicated" knitting here
Dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #6193
antwerpnative
Casting On

Hello, I just joined and am looking forward to participating and getting to know all of you.
My name is Betty, I live in an active adult community in Sun City West, AZ (Phoenix area) with my husband. I have 2 adult sons and love my life.
Besides knitting, I love to crochet, needlepoint, read, travel, cook, and get together with friends & family for intimate dinner parties.
After I retired several years ago, I started knitting again and have knit mostly scarves, afghans and am knitting my first pair of socks. One sock on 2 circ needles. Love this technique.
Happy Knitting,
antwerpnative
antwerpnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #6194
smallknitter
Casting On

Hi!
My name is Samantha. I'm twelve years old. I began knitting two weeks ago. I am currently learning to knit from a friend here in Houston, Texas. I have knit a misshapen dishcloth, a bracelet, and am currently working on a headband/belt. I look forward to expanding my knowledge with all of your help.
smallknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #6195
Dolly
Casting On

Dolly
I want to say Hi to everyone I am a beginner knitter at 73 yrs. old. I do not drive so I spend a lot of time at home so I am making a goal to be able to knit projects to keep busy. I can knit, purl and bind. I am knitting a simple hat with stripes for my grandson. It's going ok but i made mistakes so it's not perfect.

I do have a question...When I have to knit 2 stitches together the stitches are so tight that I can barely knit them and get them off the left needle onto the right needle. Is it me? or is there a easier way? If someone can help I would be so grateful.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #6196
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
Welcome to our wonderful KH Forum, everyone!

Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
......I do have a question...When I have to knit 2 stitches together the stitches are so tight that I can barely knit them and get them off the left needle onto the right needle. Is it me? or is there a easier way? If someone can help I would be so grateful.
Hi Dolly,
If you post your questions in the "How To" section, you'll get more answers than just mine. Since you're a beginning knitter, you might be knitting very tightly. I know I did when I first started. This made it almost impossible for me to knit 2 together. Now, I relax my yarn a bit, and that stitch is not so difficult.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #6197
dianewilliams1946
Casting On

What a fabulous site. I just found it through yahoo babysweaters. I have knitted for many years and consider myself a novice with a lot to learn, I just started again about 2 yrs ago when I became a grandma to a beautiful baby girl, so I knit for her and for the children I take care of. Knitting keeps me sane and brings peace to my soul. I know I will be using this site a lot. Thanks for allowing me to join. Diane
dianewilliams1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #6198
BevStayart
Casting On

Bev Stayart of Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and happy to have discovered such a great place. As many of you, I learned to knit as a teenager and have enjoyed knitting my entire life. I look forward to making new friends on this forum.
BevStayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:10 AM   #6199
ellenwatson
Casting On

introduce myself
Originally Posted by amy View Post
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself and say hi!
Hi
Check out the common abbreviations used on this forum, to decode our chit chat.

To make a post here, you need to "register." When you register, you are required to enter your email address, primarily so we can email you your password, if you ever forget it. You will have the option to "show" your email address. This lets members click a link to email you, but they don't actually get to see your email address. Your email address is protected from spam-harvesting by being hidden.

Don't be shy, we're a very friendly community! We look forward to your posting!

Enjoy our forum!
Amy
Hi my name is Ellen
I live in Dundee Scotland . I am married have two children and love to knit. I would love to be able to make knitting my business but sadly not sure how to go about this. I do knitting for some designers here in the uk. but not enough money= to make it worthwhile at the mment anybody any ideas how to make this work for me.

Speak soon
Ellen
ellenwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #6200
AZTINKER
Casting On

new to knitting help
I have a lot of new things in my life - Newly retired - new to knitting and new to this site ! Guess what I have learned that I like ALL three things! I have finished two projects - some fingerless mittens and a shoulderette/shrug.

I am looking forward to learning to use cirdular needles to make socks soon! I love to chat with folks too! Thanks for the welcome!

I am aztinker on ravelry.com too!
Attached Images:

AZTINKER is offline   Reply With Quote