Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Janet71
Casting On

Usually with my chihuahua in my lap...

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,740 Times in 7,112 Posts
I sit on the couch on the right hand side with my feet up on the couch, too. My yarn is to my right if I'm knitting english, to my left if I'm knitting continental. The TV is usually on unless the project requires my full attention.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #13
Sunshine's Mom
Turning the Heel

On the right side of the couch (if your looking at it), with my yarn in my little bag on my left. I'm either cross-legged or sitting somewhat on my left hip with my knees off to the side with my left arm on the armrest. I'm a continental knitter. In winter I have to have my legs stretched out (the ends of the couch lift open to recliners) so my dog can lie on the couch with me with her head in my lap. That's really my favorite position.
Sunshine's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
prettyamazingx
Casting On

When I knit I either...lay down with my elbows prompt on my bed-sit down with legs crossed or with pillows behind me to support my back
prettyamazingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #15
sakura-panda
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by lulubell View Post
I mostly sit in my Lazy-boy chair with my feet resting on the footstool part and my elbows on the armrests. I have my wool either in a bag on the floor on my right side or on my lap but to the right side.

Bluebell usually takes up the rest of my lap.
Like this, but with my feet toward the left side so that my yarn basket can sit next to them and with my elbows inside the armrests, not on them.

I guess that's not the same at all, except that I'm in a recliner. It's not even a Lazy-Boy!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:30 PM   #16
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
I have a high backed office chair that I use for knitting. I have an obus form back rest in it. Sometimes I cross my legs, sometimes I don't. The yarn barn, bag, or container always sits to my right. Sometimes I put my legs up on the back of the love seat that sits right beside my desk. I also have a breast feeding pillow that I put under my arms, and rest my arms and my knitting on that for comfort if I am planning a long knitting session. I hope this helps.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The.Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #17
Dari
Ribbing the Cuff

I'm one of those people you see sitting on a park bench or at a restaurant with a ball of yarn and a set of needles... I knit wherever and whenever the fancy strikes me. Usually when I knit at home I sit either on my bed semi-prone with my knitting on my chest, or curled up in front of the TV or somewhere else comfortable. When I'm out, I generally tend to keep my yarn in my bag and bunch the project in a heap on my lap, so people aren't bugged by my constantly-moving work in addition to the clack of my needles

"As an artist, the only thing I have to offer is the revelation of my soul."
-Eleonora Duse

I knit because sometimes it's the only way to keep from strangling stupid people.
Dari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #18
bella31594
Casting On

i like to curl up anywhere. some times i porposely sit in a position that makes my feets or hands fall asleep so i don't get bored with what i'm doing.
bella31594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 AM   #19
mandicita
Casting On

It's hard to think about how I sit without doing it and observing myself I sit kitty-corner to the far left (when sitting) of my couch, feet on the coffee table. My cat is usually on my lap biting the yarn as I use it, or if I'm lucky, is attacking the ends of the needles. My arms fall asleep every twenty minutes ,so I have to shake them all the time.