Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #10491
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning how is everyone doing ? hope all is well

something upsets me last night.

i got a reply from a Ravelry lady who offer to ship my order from a yarn store http://www.seaportyarn.com/store2/gl...es.php?cat=180 Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy, i paid S$120 for the yarn to knit Buttercup.
The pacakage should be arrive 5-10days.
After a few enquires to her, this is the reply from her -
I wonder if they are stuck in custom.
It cost me $12 to ship them to you, I couldnít purchase anything extra besides just shipping fee. So there is no way to track them down. I was told it would take 5-10 days and itís way past that, so Iím assuming itís stuck in custom. Maybe you can check the custom?
After reading this reply, i wrote to her again last night, requesting for -
May i know which courier service company u use to post out the package. How about the receipt number or the invoice number ? and the issued date printed on the receipt ?
The $12 postage fee is by sea frieght or air frieght ?
Without these detailed info. , i cannot check.
This is the last reply i got from her -
It shipped on 7/13/09 from Wayland, Massachusetts USA post office,via first class International parcel mail.
There are no numbers as no insurance or tracking numbers were purchased. Without these numbers, I am not sure how much they can search.

What do ya'll think ?

When i send a package here (be it Registered, Insuranced or just normal post) when i paid the Post Lady, i will be given a receipt fro the servcie, to say that i posted out my package.

How does the Post Office in USA works ? Maybe different country has different way of handling things.

Does one get a reciept or invoice when paying money ?

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #10492
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hi everyone!

Wow two days and two posts? I am on a roll!
For everyone who asked I took the assistant manager job. I am enjoying it so far. Hopefully the novelty won't wear off too soon. Already had a bit of a run in with an employee, but all is well!

I am currently just working on the mittens. I am thinking of making some mittens as Christmas gifts and I have ordered a pink thrum mitten kit that I am going to pick up at the Knitter's Fair in september.

Jackie- Yay for yarn! I love receiving packages.

Gina- Congrats on your anniversary! I am loving all this marriage advice. I think that it will soon be needed

Julie- Another little one would be so exciting! You're such a great mom and your kids are so lucky. I wish I lived nearby so you can give me parenting advice one day.

Chris- Did I tell you Josh's dad went to Scotland for two weeks for the homecoming? He's coming back tomorrow hopefully with some cool "Lindsay" souvenirs for me!

Dustina- I don't blame you for not wanting a 3rd. One seems like a lot of work to me.

Sue- Enjoying the nicer weather? How's the cardmaking? Any knitting going on?

Hi Steve, Dotty, Lisa, Emily, Christine

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following User Says Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-05-2009)
Old 08-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #10493
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Jackie, when you pay for something here, you get a receipt. However, you cannot track a package from the receipt. You need to pay extra for tracking. If she did not do that, it's hard to tell what will happen. The package may be returned to her, or it may someday come to you or you may never receive it. That would be a shame. It looks like lovely yarn! Is she someone you trust?
ETA: If you used a credit card or paypal, you should be able to cancel the payment for the yarn. Maybe check with the yarn store?

Ann, good to hear from you so consistently! YAY on the job! What good experience! And do I detect the faint sound of wedding bells? Do tell!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #10494
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

hi
Hi gina, thanks for the advice.
i paid Seaport Yarn company on 9 Jul 2009 with Visa and i already received a statement from my bank and paid the sum of money.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 08-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #10495
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

is a lady from Ravely, i dont know her, just a few messages, she seems fine with her bio data, photos and her knit works. Siily me !!
(she cannot give me a receipt number to proof that she did mail out the package.)

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #10496
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by Lisa1216 View Post
Get a puppy...same thing except you can crate them when you have to leave the house. Our schools start after Labor Day.
Caitlin's allergic...we tried that. Then a year ago I had baby fever and we found Lucky the now super fat cat, baby fever is back...imagine that.

Carey your post was so sweet it made me tear up. thanks.

I personally dont see myself as amazing or extraordinary or anything like that. I just love babies & kids and have forever. Mom said I began having baby fever when I was 2. True statement. She would really like to see me get my degree and then get my 'baby fix' in the NICU...only time will tell.

The visit with my cousin and her 2 kids went very well! I was so impressed because she mother's like I do (thought she'd be flakey and not with it) she's right ontop of her kids, takes care of them, doesn't let them get into things, watches them like a hawk etc. It was so nice because the kids played in the living room and we were able to watch them and visit. The 2 of us have never had that chance. We'll get together again next week before they leave the following week. Wish they didn't live in OR.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #10497
SteveDallas
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to SteveDallas Send a message via Yahoo to SteveDallas
Haven't I been threatening to post pics?? Well, here we are.

I finished this one back in umm.. I forget. March I think? This is the Online yarn.

I have been working on this one for a bit.. I forget when I started it, but there was a long spell where I didn't work on it. I'm happy with how it's coming out, but as you can see, I'm on the home stretch, and the extra yarn to finish it is STILL not here.

And finally, here is the beginning of my toe-up socks on two circulars. So far so good.
jess_hawk (08-07-2009)
Old 08-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #10498
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Jackie
Does the lady on Ravelry work for or own Seaport Yarn Co.? If she represents the Yarn Co. you can still go to Visa to protest the charge because you have not received the yarn. If however, you purchased the yarn from Seaport and had it dropped shipped to the lady on Ravelry and she was to reship to you you may have not way to get you money back.

Steve
Those are great looking socks. What is the pattern for the brown knee highs? I like the pattern and your work.

Ann
I want to go to Scotland Let us know what Josh's father brought back for you. And now that you have restarted lets try for three for three and you post today even if it is just a Hi!

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
knitgal (08-06-2009)
Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #10499
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good morning Socksters!!

Jackie~it is true that delivery confirmation and all that only works in the US...but I just sent something out of the states and had a new form to fill out...they said it was new so not sure how new it is...but I had to list all the info in the box, worth, and qty. It's called a Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note. The mail lady told me the number on the form which is also my receipt for mailing the package would track it even out of the states...I went on this morning and was able to see it is sitting in customs...so if this form was in place 12 days ago she should have filled out the same form...and the number at the top by the bar code should work as a tracking number.

Steve~All your socks look great!! Thank you for the info, I did find an online manual but most keep coming back to a belt, coupler, and something inside the agitator. We checked the belt and it wasn't broken but was just sitting on a round thing didn't hook around anything. I can't find a good picture of how the belt is suppose to be...though

Julie~I'm so glad you guys had a great visit

Ann~Congrats on the new job! I want to try thrummed mittens...they look so warm!

Gina~I have enjoyed buying Roo's clothes this summer for school...they have such pretty girl clothes...boys just want t-shirts and jeans lol. I am having trouble wrapping my mind around Roo going to school. Her supply list wasn't bad but isaiah's just went on and on

I did a few samples up for JD and he picked the easiest out of all the scarves, not the prettiest or neatest...but I should be able to work it up quickly esp with football practices....last night I worked on stockings...

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-06-2009), knitgal (08-06-2009), SteveDallas (08-06-2009)
Old 08-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #10500
SteveDallas
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to SteveDallas Send a message via Yahoo to SteveDallas
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
What is the pattern for the brown knee highs?
They're supposed to be gray ... I hope it's the combination of camera + computer + monitor and not my eyes! The pattern is "Braided Cable with Garter Rib" from Sensational Socks by Charlene Schurch.

The panels in between the cables were supposed to be rows of P2,K1,P2 alternating with P5. I started with 105 stitches and did P4,K1,P4, followed by P9. I then decreased 1 stitch from each panel (with P2Tog, alternating from the start and the end) after every inch of length to get back to the original pattern.