Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 AM   #10511
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Machine stitched, I have not done the hand stitched traditional yet. Maybe in a year or so I'll try that.
By the way, the kilt you described pleated so the black is out and the red in sounds AWESOME. I want one now, even though pleated skirts are not my friends.

I GOT MY CAMERA! which proceeded to be really distracting for the rest of the day. So I will be off to read the manual now.
Hope everyone had an excellent day!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #10512
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
By the way, the kilt you described pleated so the black is out and the red in sounds AWESOME. I want one now, even though pleated skirts are not my friends.

I GOT MY CAMERA! which proceeded to be really distracting for the rest of the day. So I will be off to read the manual now.
Hope everyone had an excellent day!
Yea on the camera. When do we see pictures from it?

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (08-07-2009)
Old 08-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #10513
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
In the bath room. This way I can undress, put the clothes in the washer, shower, put the clothes in the dryer, shave and put the clothes back on. How else?
that's a good one! Thank you I'll tell him when I call him at 9

Emily~YAY for the new camera!!

Sue~Sometimes the knitting mojo disappears for awhile but usually always returns ...Thank you he just isn't sure what to do right now...

Hi everyone, hope you guys are having a great day!

Nothing much planned for today but cleaning...and I still can't get my closets how I want them...after being on the road lately with football practice I'm happy to stay home today!

I hope ya'll have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (08-07-2009)
Old 08-07-2009, 09:16 AM   #10514
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hello everyone!

Well I'm writing to you as our cat Lucy kneads my stomach. Do any of your cats do that to you? I have heard it's because of two things a) they kneaded their mothers to get milk when they were kittens and b) to say "mine, mine, mine" and get their scent on you. Either way she gets into a trance and just loves it and I don't mind.

Work was okay yesterday. We're getting in lots of new things so it's fun looking at the new clothes and seeing the new styles for fall. So far lots of that nude pink colour, some brown, lots of black, wide leg pants, lots of high waisted skirts again (my fav!), a lot of deep burgundy and lots of cardigans. I can't wait until we can actually wear the stuff- well I can, because that would mean it is cooler, but then I will get to wear new clothes. That's something fun about my job- I get to buy new clothes guilt free because I have to!

Dustina- Have a good day at home. I ordered my thrum mitten kit from this place. It's Canadian and they're going to be at the Knitter's Fair that I am attending in September. I thought the prices were fair and there's a good selection of colours.

Emily- Yay for the new camera! Go take some pictures and report back with them. Did I ever tell you my dad taught photography at the university level?

Sue- You should go to the Knitter's Fair. I think that would definitely help bring your knitting mojo back. It's hard not to get excited with two huge ballrooms full of yarn!

Chris- Josh's dad brought me back something from Scotland! He brought me back......yarn! I was so surprised I stoof with my mouth wide open for a full minute! I will post pictures soon. I'm not sure of the weight or yardage, but he said that he asked the lady for enough for a sweater.

Rachel- You reminded me of a fun topic we always used to have! Books!

QOTD
: On that note, what is everyone reading at the moment/read recently?

I recently read: The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank (it's a novel, not an actual guide!), Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (loved it!), A Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews (Canadian author, very good), and I am currently reading Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-07-2009), jess_hawk (08-07-2009)
Old 08-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #10515
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Wow, ya'll have been busy since I last posted!

Dustina, good luck with the washer- that's awesome that your friend is going to fix it for you! CONGRATULATIONS to JD on the job offer! Even if he doesn't take it, that's got to feel good!

Jackie, I hope you get your yarn! I can't imagine why she would mail it to you without any kind of tracking... even if it only worked in the US.

Ann, I'm glad to hear your job is going well. Where in Scotland did Josh's dad go? I lived in Stirling for 6 months and loved it. Sadly, I was not a knitter then. Well, actually it's probably good, since I was a poor college student at the time! I can't wait to see the yarn he brought back for you!

Julie, sounds like you had a lovely visit with your cousin! It's nice to discover you have more in common than you thought.

Steve, I LOVE the socks! The middle ones do look gray on my monitor...

Rache, good luck with the interviews! I love Agatha Christie.

Emily, YAY for the camera!

Sue, I'd love to see pics of the some of the cards you've been making!

QOTD: I'm currently reading The Portrait by Iain Pears- a bit odd, but interesting. Before that I read The World According to Bertie by Alexander McCall Smith, one of my favorite authors of all time!

I'm taking the girls to a pool party after work today- one of Abby's friends is having his birthday party at their community pool. We have a busy weekend planned- tomorrow afternoon I'm taking the girls to see a kid version of Shakespear's The Tempest, then Saturday night Chris and I are going out to celebrate our anniversary. Sunday we'll go to church, then the girls and I are leaving town for our vacation to the drive-through safari park and a couple of nights in a hotel. We'll be gone till Tuesday, so I won't be online again till Tuesday or Wednesday.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-07-2009), knitgal (08-07-2009)
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #10516
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by knitgal View Post
Well I'm writing to you as our cat Lucy kneads my stomach. Do any of your cats do that to you? I have heard it's because of two things a) they kneaded their mothers to get milk when they were kittens and b) to say "mine, mine, mine" and get their scent on you. Either way she gets into a trance and just loves it and I don't mind.

Chris- Josh's dad brought me back something from Scotland! He brought me back......yarn! I was so surprised I stoof with my mouth wide open for a full minute! I will post pictures soon. I'm not sure of the weight or yardage, but he said that he asked the lady for enough for a sweater.

QOTD
: On that note, what is everyone reading at the moment/read recently?
Cats = 2 Brother and sister. I have had cats need and go into a trance, now the sister will jump on the bed as I dress in the morning and as I walk by she reaches out and grabs my hand. Pet me, Pet me.

Josh's father seems to be a nice guy, the yarn sound interesting. Pictures?

QOTD - Books I am listening to Robert Heinlein's A Cat Who Walks Through Wall, a Science Fiction novel. I am also reading a book about the 101st Airborne at Bastone France in the second world war. I was attached to the 101st while in Vietnam and stationed at Fire Base Bastone.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #10517
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
QOTD: I'm still reading, "Friday Night Knit Club" Yes been reading it since last October, and am now on page 160 something (same as last time I posted about it). Seems that not much gets done when there's little kids running around.

I started a new test knit sock yesterday & will have a pic on my Ravelry page of projects soon, like after this post. Very nice pattern & I believe it will be a free one once we're done test knitting it. Called Eowyn, if you wanted to look it up before my pic is up.

Tomorrow Dad and I are going to the shooting range; been way too long since I was last there. I wont go when pregnant or nursing (because of the exposure to lead) so probably close to 4 years since I was last there.
Then tomorrow afternoon we're supposed to go the race trac and race the car that has been dead for almost 2 years-wish us luck. I should probably charge the camcorder. If I remember to do that and get some video I'll post it either to my blog & or to youtube.

Ok off to get the kid breakfast and work on some laundry.......
Old 08-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #10518
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Pictures of the Scottish yarn!

I'll admit it's not my usual colour choice, but I like it. Apparently it is THE colour in Scotland at the moment. I think it will make a lovely open cardigan to wear in the winter.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scottishyarn.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	53219  Click image for larger version

Name:	Scottishyarn2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	53220  

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following User Says Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (08-07-2009)
Old 08-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #10519
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Ann that's beautiful!

here's a small picture of what the sock looks like after the leg is done...onto the heel after breakfast.
Actually on a sad note, we're going to look for our kitty. He got out last night, about 6 and hasn't been seen since. He's declawed and very insistant on his litter box. He's spent 2 other nights out side but has always been at the front or back door by 7am and rushes inside to use the litter box and then eat. I heard an aweful rucus last night about 9:30, ran outside and turned on the light and yelled for him, no luck. Sounded like a big cats vs. dogs fight. I've seen 2 of our 'outdoor' cats today (one, Rocky has adopted us, the other a calico visits often but doesn't allow us to touch her.) No sign of Lucky front or back yard...
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
knitgal (08-07-2009)
Old 08-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #10520
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Ann~Very pretty yarn!! Thanks for the link that is priced very good other kits I have googled are more expensive. I might order from them depending on shipping to the US or I may just order some roving and work it that way

Julie~aww I'm sorry to read about Lucky, I hope he is just hiding close to home (laying low) and will come out soon. The socks look great!

Carey~You guys are going to have a great time, don't forget pictures for us

Yep both Bella and Gideon will do that...Bella for the longest time would try to nurse from either the blanket/shirt/jeans...she hasn't done that in awhile though

QOTD: Sadly I'm not reading a book right now...I love to read but just haven't had time lately

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-07-2009), knitgal (08-07-2009)
Closed Thread