Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #10561
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Jess: Mine is in April, we will be married three years then, and we only have a double bed so it won't take you as long to make it up!!! Our bedroom is done in greens. Great job! I'm sure they will love it.

Julie: What a cute little man! He has the devil in his eyes, so watch out once he gets comfortable!!!

Another day has come and gone and we have not gotten to the trailer yet. The dentist called and they had DH's new denture in, so he had to go there at 3:30. I tried to get in to see my GP but as usual he was solidly booked, so I made an appointment for after we get back from the trailer. We gave up on going tonight and decided to get up early tomorrow and get "out of Dodge" as soon as we get up. Wish me luck that we get there tomorrow.

I have two FO's (socks) packed and another small project I'm working on for in the car. I might even get some knitting done on this "vacation"!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #10562
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post

look how blue his eyes are!
OMG I want! he's adorable!
...*swells up from hugging cute kitten*... stupid allergies.

Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Jess that is great, if you start now you might be finished by my wedding anniversary
Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
O mine too, you have till next May, it will be 7 years then. We have a queen size bed.
Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Jess: Mine is in April, we will be married three years then, and we only have a double bed so it won't take you as long to make it up!!! Our bedroom is done in greens. Great job! I'm sure they will love it.
OK, now I would love to make quilts for all of you... but keeping in mind limited time frame, limited funding, and prior orders of quilts for Teenie's wedding, my parent's bed, my grandma (which means I ought to make one for the other grandparents... and they have a king... *dies*)... and I want to make a quilt for my own bed or maybe a couple... and Teenie's veil, and getting in some knitting, and finishing my new Christmas stocking... and this concept I've heard about called "free time" ...
I plan to be ready to take new orders in about three years. If I'm lucky.
I'm glad you all liked it, though.
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess_hawk For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-13-2009), The.Knitter (08-14-2009)
Old 08-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #10563
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by jess_hawk View Post
I plan to be ready to take new orders in about three years. If I'm lucky.
Ok, you can make ours for our 10th, in 2013; you should be free by then, jk. I know how to sew, just dont have that 'free time' you have.

Gotta figure out how to upload the video from our new camcorder onto the pc and then will post a video onto the blog of Rascal playing with the corner of a sheet that we keep on our chair and a half. So funny.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (08-14-2009)
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #10564
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, YAY for the kitten (SUCH pretty blue eyes!) and the visit from your sis! Sounds fun!

Courtney, (could you put your first name in your signature?) Here's what I do: Right click on the Reply To Thread button and click Open link in New Tab. Then you can toggle between the two windows, reading and writing. Pics of your projects, please?!?! What yarn are you going to use for the FLS? I just re-started mine in a larger size. The neck was too tight in the original.

Jess, Beautiful quilt! WOW! You have a year til my anniversary! (JK--you're busy enough!)

Dustina, have you tried IRS.GOV? They often have free help, if that's the form you mean....

Carey, your vaca sounds cool. I love giraffes!

Christine, good luck getting to the trailer tomorrow! We'll miss you.

DS just texted me and asked if he could come over with five friends for dinner tomorrow night. Hmmm. What to cook? Maybe tacos or fajitas? Ideas, anyone? He does NOT want pizza or hot dogs but won't tell me any other preferences.

In knitting news, I re-started the FLS and am now happy with it. I MUCH prefer the one-row buttonhole on this site to the one the pattern recommended, but the video on KH misses the last step: put the last stitch on the left needle and knit it! Dustina, as a mod, do you have the ability to put modifications or notes on the videos?

Last edited by G J : 08-14-2009 at 05:21 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-13-2009), jess_hawk (08-14-2009), The.Knitter (08-14-2009)
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #10565
SteveDallas
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to SteveDallas Send a message via Yahoo to SteveDallas
Cute kitty julie!

Originally Posted by G J View Post
DS just texted me and asked if he could come over with five friends for dinner tomorrow night. Hmmm. What to cook? Maybe tacos or fajitas? Ideas, anyone? He does NOT want pizza or hot dogs but won't tell me any other preferences.
Well if I had ever brought five friends home for dinner on 24 hours notice, I would have taken whatever my mom offered to fix.

At any rate. I am about 1/2 inch away from starting the toe on my notorious Kroy cabled socks. The new yarn is, of course, noexactly the same shade as the old, which I expected. But it's more of a difference than I expected--much more toward the black side of gray. But the divide ought to be hidden by my shoe. Meanwhile, it's good to experiment, but I definitely don't want to try this stuff again. I don't like the Made In Turkey variation any better--maybe worse, because it feels... too smooth? Slimy? At any rate I think it'll be an ok sock after it's washed, but, oh well. (Of course I have 1 more skein of the Gentry Gray and 4 of denim left... if anybody is itching for a trade or something )
jberry16 (08-13-2009)
Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #10566
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
hamburgers & potato salad?
spaghetti & meat sauce & garlic bread
lasagna & garlic bread
enchiladas.

Just a few ideas that are easy when there are a bunch of guys involved.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #10567
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts

Call Domino's for there delivery Italian pasta and then hand DS the check when it comes.

Julie you should have names the cat Frank - as in old blues eyes.

Some may remember that around Thanksgiving a friends granddaughter fell in love with Pumpkins. As practice item item I knit the GD a hat.

At one and a half she could not say pumpkin it came out as pumpin. I have been hearing that the hat was getting a little small, but she was still wearing it. I was looking for some none thinking knitting to take with me to class early this week, coming across some orange yarn, I decided on a new pumpin hat.

The timing was perfect. When we got home our friend told DSWMBO&A that the GD finally realized that the hat was to small and put it on one of her dollies. Hopefully we can get the hat to her this weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #10568
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hi everyone!

Julie: What an adorable kitten! I so wish that my dh wasn't allergic.
I grew up with cats in the house and I want one so badly.

Gina: Ok, I put my name in my sig. Pictures to come this weekend.
For dinner with the guys, I would do a casserole. Maybe baked spaghetti or King Ranch chicken?

I don't know what I'm going use for my FLS. I have a bag of Berroco's new yarn called Lustra. It's single-ply half wool/half tencel.
But then I would only be able to wear it for a few months....

Chris: Cute hat! I'm sure she will be thrilled to get a new one. And now she and her doll will have matching hats!

Emily: My ten year anniversary is next April. My bedroom is black ,white, and red.

Off to meet my Mom in Frisco to go couch shopping. This has been going on for months. I've been everywhere and I have found nothing that I like. Well, nothing that costs less than a few thousand dollars...

Courtney
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-14-2009), jberry16 (08-14-2009), jess_hawk (08-15-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #10569
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Morning everyone!

Julie~Cute kitty!! Sorry about Lucky though. DH is also allergic to cats although he grew up with them. Loves them, kills his allergies though. BTW, how did your DH's car run at the races the other weekend? DH is now putting a nitrous system in his faster car. (Like it needs to go faster, he calls it horse power heroine )

Gina~All the suggestions for dinner so far sound great! I think I'll use a few of them! I'm tired of making the same old thing. DH is limiting carbs, so it cuts out a lot of what we use to eat. Sounds like it will be a fun dinner!

Courtney~Good luck furniture shopping. My cousin lives in Frisco. Hope you can find a couch. We need one too, along with a new mattress.

Anybody every have/try a sleep number bed?

Christine~Hope you made it to the trailer okay! you both need a good vacation away from the stresses of the world!! Hope your ulcer is quiet.

Emily~ Beautiful quilt! You do such great work. I would put in a request for one too, but there seems to be a LONG list ahead of me!

Chris~Cute hats! Nice to know that she loved it so much!

Dustina~Not sure how to amend the form. The IRS site should be able to help. Scarey on the accident earlier this week.

Carey~Sounds like you had a great vacation with your girls!

Sue~Hope all is well with you! You getting the same heat we are for the weekend? Suppose to be in the 90s here.

Ann~The yarn you got from Josh's dad is very pretty! Glad the asst. manager's job is working out for you. Did you have to sign the year commitment?

Hi to everyone! Work has been crazy (which is good) and the evenings just as busy, especially with the puppy. He's 3 months old today and I think he's gained 5 pounds or more since we got him 3 weeks ago! At times he can be such a maniac and other times really sweet. Not a really cuddly dog, but he has his moments. I need to get some new pics of him. Younger DD made it back to school okay and starts classes on the 24th. She's helping out with the incoming freshman orientation this weekend and next week.

Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend! Take care!!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-14-2009), jberry16 (08-14-2009), jess_hawk (08-15-2009), The.Knitter (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #10570
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Christine- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Glad you made it to the trailer, and I hope you have a wonderful time!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (08-14-2009)
Closed Thread