Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #10611
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Carey~ I used Berroco Comfort sock in dark red...here is the ravelry link to the gloves...it is a simple lace pattern...

Julie~great minds think a like...I dug out some caron for that pattern today

Gina~we could do that too

I also thought about knitting her a red hat for the black coat...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-18-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #10612
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hey everyone,

Just read about Christine- that's very upsetting. I hope she will be okay.
I live literally 20 minutes from Christine's daughter. If there's anything I can do to help organize the package for Christine, I would love to help. If you want to send things here and I can put it all in one package? Whatever you guys think is best.
Also, I think Josh's brother is a doctor at the hospital that she's at.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-18-2009), dustinac (08-18-2009), jberry16 (08-20-2009), Lisa1216 (08-18-2009)
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #10613
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Anyone want to work on a project together?
Count me in!!!! I gotta stop at Wally-World and then I'll be off to locate some yarn or fabric to make something for her. In the meantime, as you plan, those of you who have my email, please keep me updated! I will check as soon as possible... Probably Friday (I'm working on getting to email every two days, but Thursday I have to work late...). Also, via email I can provide my current address. If nothing else, I can mail something to one of you and get it included in the final package to be given to Christine.
Prayers and (gentle) hugs to Christine! She does seem to have so many things go wrong! I wish her a speedy recovery followed by a whole lot of good times for her to relax.
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Okay, so a project for Christine. Dustina, the fingerless gloves are SO pretty! I'm wondering if we could do a matching hat and scarf or shawl? Maybe a shawl would be more appropriate since she probably won't be getting out for awhile. We'd have to work FAST! Anyone have a pretty shawl pattern that would go really fast? How about yarn? Anyone have anything you're dying to use? I don't have stash and I don't have an LYS. I'd have to order online which would slow us down. I see that Berroco Comfort yarns come in a variety of weights. Could we even make something in a worsted in the same color? I also notice that she favorited the Palindrome scarf. That would be pretty and warm, although not lacy. Here's another one she faved that's a bit more lacy. Not a shawl, a pretty scarf. She only faved one shawl but it's on size 4 needles, so I couldn't help with it. If others want to do it, though, I could maybe start a hat she faved. But again, I don't have yarn!
INput, everyone?
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Old 08-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #10614
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I work at a yarn store. If you want to use Comfort, we have all the colors in dk, worsted, and chunky. I like the idea of the palindrome scarf, Gina.

Courtney
Old 08-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #10615
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
We need to remember that this not going to be a quick recovery. It may be an idea to work so little gifts come in over time.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-20-2009)
Old 08-19-2009, 02:46 AM   #10616
Lieke
Working the Gusset

Oh my, I came here for a quick note that I'm still busy and now I read about Christine. If there's going to be a project together, I'd love to join. I won't be on the Any Sock KAL as much though, so it'd be much appreciated if you can let me know about any plans via e-mail: liekevangenesen AT gmail DOT com. I don't know when I've got time to really catch up, so updates via email about Christine are very much apreciated.

Well, my quick update: I had my graduation ceremony yesterday and it was great. Still really busy and not knitting very much. I turned the heel of my herringbone rib socks, but no knitting besides that. Well, got to run now, I've been online for way to long already. (have and appointment to donate blood and have to do some shopping beforehand, so really have to run now)

Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #10617
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

UPDATE! (Aug 19) When Frank and I got to the hospital today Mom was sitting up in a wheelchair. She was able to sit there for 1 hour and 15 minutes. She has been stabilized for the most part (still some issues with her blood pressure and oxygen levels), and is looking much better.

We had her taken her off the morphine and put her on a less powerful pain killer. She was having some hallucinations from the Morphine. She is able to control her pain with the new pain relievers.

Again, Frank and I respectfully ask that everyone please refrain from calling the hospital, sending flowers, and visiting. We will let you know when she is ready for company, and feeling up to phone conversations.

We appreciate your patience and thoughtfulness.

Thank you!
Frank and Tanya

I agree Chris we may want to do that...

Lieke~Congrats that is wonderful!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-19-2009), jberry16 (08-20-2009), jess_hawk (08-21-2009), Lisa1216 (08-19-2009), sue in canada (08-19-2009)
Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #10618
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I was just coming on here to post the same thing, Dustina.

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-19-2009)
Old 08-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #10619
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
A follow up to my last post I would like to be part of any project for Christine. If you have time little things over the next few weeks will probably help also.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #10620
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

So for the group project should we do a shawl or scarf or other ideas? I'm kinda leaning on the idea of a shawl...we could use the Berroco Comfort it was a very nice yarn to work with...the red I used was a dark red, I'll dig around in the knitting boxes and see if I can find the wrapper (only stuff left to unpack and find a spot for lol)...

Then if you want (no pressure) then on our own we could knit small things like socks/hats/etc and send them when you are ready that way she gets things while we are working on the group project

If we do a group project do you want to start a new KAL for it or handle it through e-mails? Those who would like to participate in the group item could pm their e-mail...again no pressure...I don't want anyone feeling guilty if they can't take part in one or the other...or any...

Closed Thread