Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
letsknit
Ribbing the Cuff

bare minimum to be prepared...
I went to the book store yestereday and decided to pick up a couple of knitting mags. While I'm not ready yet to start making a lot of the items that I saw, I still like to read the patterns and see what is needed to make all the different garments. What I came away with was a question...

What would be the bare minimum of knitting supplies (yarn not included) that I would need to be able to knit a variety of items at a moments notice? Right now, I have only a set of size 8 aluminium straight needles that are 13 inches and a set of size 5 24 inch circs and I know that I can't do a lot of things until I upgrade. However, I can't spend hundreds of dollars getting every size and length of needle right away. Any suggestions?
letsknit is offline   Reply With Quote