Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #10661
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina, thanks. I'm ok. AT least for now. Tomorrow night is knit night & I plan to get there as soon as they will let me and stay as late as possible because it will be the last Tues. night knit night I get to attend till mid December.

Not much else going on here, gotta go grocery shopping today & Jacob takes snack to school tomorrow, 21 kindergarteners. That's a lot of energy in 1 room!
Had lots of rain yesterday evening, into the night, early this morning & it rained on me when I was walking back from the school. We're only .2 miles from the school-glad we're so close.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #10662
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Hey everyone!

Emily, your friend and his mom are in my prayers! Glad to hear you're having such a good time with the birds!

Julie, good luck with classes this semester! What are you bringing the kids for snack?

Gina, Good luck with the house thing! I'll say a prayer for you all that it will work out for the best.

Dustina, am I the only one who can't believe school is starting already?! I wish I had more time to volunteer in the classroom with my kiddos.

Hi, Jackie, Chris, Sue, Steve, Ann, (oh, my brain is going dead...) and everyone else I forgot!

School seems to be going well for my kids so far. I got Emily signed up for piano lessons on Monday afternoons, and both girls will be doing gymnastics on Thursday afternoons.

I'm hosting a knit night at my house this Friday- just some friends from church. I think it will be fun, and I hope someone else will host next month so we can keep the group going! I'm working on Emily's fall sweater right now- it's knit from the bottom up to the arm holes, stop to knit the sleeves, then join them on and knit the yoke. I've gotten to the arm holes and started the sleeves last night.

Christine, you are in my prayers! I hope you're doing well!

Hope you all are having a good day!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (08-25-2009), knitgal (08-24-2009)
Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 PM   #10663
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Julie, good luck with classes this semester! What are you bringing the kids for snack?
I'm working on Emily's fall sweater right now- it's knit from the bottom up to the arm holes, stop to knit the sleeves, then join them on and knit the yoke. I've gotten to the arm holes and started the sleeves last night.
They're getting 100% apple juice in juice boxes & the ritz bits sandwich crackers with cheese. I think the peanut butter is better, but so many kids have a peanut allergy that I thought we'd just play that one safe.

What pattern are you using to make Emily's sweater? My kids are asking for one...I've never done bottom up & would love to try it.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #10664
1to1
Turning the Heel

Hey Socksters,

Even though I don't post often, I read all the posts and think of everyone daily.

I'm truly sorry to hear about Christine's accident and am glad that she is healing.

Everything has been going great with me. The kids are busy with school, tennis and golf...which means that I am too. DD14 is still dating (4 mos already) the Boy who will be 16 next week but they are both great kids and I try not to worry too much. Today I'm going to travel with DS15 to watch him golf (well I dont actually follow him around...he doesnt like it) but I'm there to support him and I get to hang out with my friends.

I haven't been knitting very much not even dishcloths but I do have one in my purse just in case.

Take care everyone,

1to1
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #10665
jberry16
Instepping Out

Do you all remember last October my aunt gave me the book, The Friday Night Knitting Club, well as of last night I was finally half way through the book. Why has it taken me so long to read 180 pages? Anyway I'm hoping to train my eyes to get back into the reading habit before school starts & finish the book in the next week, before my classes begin. Is it do-able? yes, for normal reading people it is; can I do it? not sure. But I'm going to try my best to read it all.
OK just had to post what was on my mind. No other news.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #10666
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hey y'all-

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but I have been reading.

Gina: Good luck with the house. Hope it works out.

Emily: Your friends are in my thoughts

Dustina: School started here today. Don't you all remember when we didn't start school until after Labor Day?

Christine: Hope you are doing better

My lys is closing. I'm really sad. Well, not really closing, but she's moving out of her shop. She is getting rid of the scrapbooking/paper crafts part of her business and opening an online knitting store. I'm about to leave for the shop now to help her get reading for the Moving Sale that starts tomorrow.

Carey: Maybe I'll have to get together with some of the gals from the shop and start our own knit night.

Talk to y'all later

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
jess_hawk (08-25-2009)
Old 08-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #10667
Abbily
Instepping Out

Julie, sounds like a wonderful snack to me! We have to pack snack daily for our own kids. I forgot Abby's today, but luckily there was a birthday today so I'm off the hook. Good luck finishing the book!

Carla, great to hear from you!

Courtney, great to hear from you, too! That is sad about your LYS- but you should definitely start a knitting group.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-25-2009)
Old 08-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #10668
Abbily
Instepping Out

Julie, I forgot to answer your question... I'm doing this sweater again, this time in red. Em is passing the green one down to Abby. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Abbi...leeve-cardigan

The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-25-2009)
Old 08-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #10669
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Afternoon Socksters!!

I'm sitting outside right now waiting for the bus...it was so sad leaving them both there today...I made it through and didn't cry till I was outside and safe in the car.

Carey~I can't believe it either...I feel like we had no summer with the move and everything...

Julie~You can do it!

Courtney~We were just talking about that the other day...used to be you didn't go till later and we had a week for Thanksgiving too...sorry to read about your LYS but I think starting a club would be fun

Carla~maybe when it gets cooler the knitting will strike again

Hi everyone, hope you guys are having a good day

Nothing much here today we took the kids to school...JD took a half a day so he took me out for breakfast then and bought me some flowers...we also went to the library so I could get the next book to the series I'm reading...

I baked some cookies for the kids and they are waiting on the counter for them...we have football tonight...

Hope you guys have a great evening of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-25-2009)
Old 08-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #10670
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, you sound like me in a yarn store. I have a hard time buying yarn if I already have plenty!

Jess, your friend is in my prayers. Congrats on flying the birds! (Although I thought that birds flew on their own!)

Carey, I'd love to join your knit night! LOVE Abby's sweater!

Carla, glad you posted! I was wondering how you were doing. It's okay to take a break from knitting. You'll get back to it eventually.

Courtney, so sad that your lys is closing. Does that mean you lose your job or will you still be able to help with the online business?

Dustina, glad your first day of the kids in school was good. Your DH is a good man to take such good care of you!

DH had some tests done yesterday (endoscopy and colonoscopy) and they took about five biopsies. We're awaiting results. The Dr.'s bedside manner was horrible, but hopefully, he'll figure out what's wrong.

I've got the first few repeats of the lace pattern done on the FLS. I'm loving how it looks in this yarn.

Tonight our Grow Group meets and I'm bringing the main dish. Gotta go finish up. TTYL!

Christine, if you're reading this, we miss you and you're still in our prayers!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (08-26-2009), jberry16 (08-25-2009), jess_hawk (08-25-2009)
Closed Thread