Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #10671
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina what series are you reading?

I'm now on page 257!, only 103 left to read. I really got a lot read when the 2 kids were at school, I played with Katie for a while, fertilized the lawn & then she came in to play and while she fed her babies their bottles I read my book. Maybe one day I'll remember this moment when she's feeding her real babies? Nah, I'll be holding those babies every chance I get.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-25-2009, 07:26 PM   #10672
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Gina, what are you doing Friday night? You're welcome to come over and spend the night again if you want!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 08-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #10673
jess_hawk
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by G J View Post
Congrats on flying the birds! (Although I thought that birds flew on their own!)
lol!
Yes, they do fly on their own.
Today I got to do physical therapy on a Cooper's Hawk. There was one other volunteer, and two Cooper's Hawks, so we were assigned to team up and do wing stretches: One person hold the bird, the other person stretch the wings. Except we each caught a bird at the same time, and then we decided that rather than leaving ourselves opent to Cooper-attack (they're spazzy), we should probably just do the rational thing and each handle a bird. They're small enough to handle like that.
I also got to catch Red Tailed Hawks in a flight cage, and take in Spike, a Great Black Hawk who hates women and likes to bite. Roger suggests that if I take her out and sit in the sun with her sometimes, she'll like me better. I think she already likes my feet. In fact, she keeps trying to invite them to dinner! But when I had her in the sun she calmed down and quit eyeing me like I might be tasty.

In other news, yesterday I got myself nearly lost in search of a LYS, but I did find it and bought some colorful sock yarn for a pair of socks. Sorry I don't remember what brand, but it's really nice and lovely colors!
My knitting blog: http://emilai333.wordpress.com/
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #10674
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi everyone

Trying to catch up again

Gina: Good luck with the house if you do decide to sell. Hope all is well for your DH.

Jess: Your friends are in my thoughts. Congrats on flying the birds. Physical therapy on a Cooper's Hawk. Rather you than me.

Christine: How are you feeling? Hope to hear from you again soon.

Carey, Dustina and Julie: Seems strange to hear about the children being back at school. Here it is still after labor day.

Ann: Hi, hope all is well.

Yesterday I took a coloring technique class at the scrapbook store. It was a lot of fun and I have spent quite a bit of time practicing .
Today I went to visit a friend who has her 3 grandchildren staying with her, 2 year old twin boys and a girl who is 4. They are so cute but a lot of work. Next week we have the boys staying over for a couple of days. I hope the weather holds out for swimming.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #10675
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by sue in canada View Post
Yesterday I took a coloring technique class at the scrapbook store. It was a lot of fun and I have spent quite a bit of time practicing .
I hope you stayed inside the lines like a good girl.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #10676
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the absenteeism on my part. I have been reading all the e-mails though.
Not much going on here. On Sunday I was supposed to have the day off, but my manager called in sick, so I went in for a few hours. It was a busy day, so it ended up being fun. I had Monday off and went and visited my aunt. We got a manicure and pedicure and had lunch. Yesterday I worked and today and the next 5 days I work too. I think I haven't posted because I'm always at work!

One exciting event- Josh and I are looking at houses. We went to the bank last week and we're hoping to buy soon. People have so much advice and so many different opinions about houses!

Julie- Enjoy the book. I read it a few months ago and enjoyed it, but not sure about the ending. You'll see what I mean.

Sue- Sounds like your scrapbooking class was fun! Now just to get you back into knitting.....

Dustina- I like the sound of your morning the other day. Breakfast, flowers and a book? Perfect!

Gina- Hope your DH's test results are okay. I know how that waiting is.

Hi Chris, Courtney, Jackie, Lisa, Carey, Emily, etc...

I'm not feeling great- I hope I'm not getting a summer cold.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-26-2009), dustinac (08-26-2009), jberry16 (08-26-2009), jess_hawk (08-31-2009)
Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #10677
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters

Julie~It's the Beth Patillo Series (you can find the 2nd one on a promo here on KH that is where I found out about them) It's the Sweetgum Ladies. I read the first one last week and now I'm reading the 2nd that is all there is so far...I'm thinking about buying them since I liked them and that way when the 3rd comes out I can catch back up with them and be ready

Ann~That is wonderful, take your time, don't be pressured, and if you get discouraged take a break...after looking for 7mos I can tell ya it takes time too ...although Brendajos found her house like on her first day out...I couldn't believe it she started looking about the time we found this one and she moved the weekend after we did, maybe we were just really picky . I hope you feel better soon and sounds like you had a great time with your Aunt!

Chris~

Sue~I wish it was that way here still, when do they get out of school? If the kids don't use up all their calamity days they get out at the end of May. Now last year they had 5 days and of course with that wind storm and snow storm they used them all up and had to make up days...this year they decide to cut the days to 3...why??? when our winters are usually bad...I mean work the school out a few days longer or something, it makes no sense to me...the class sounds like fun, your friend has her hands full!

Emily~That sounds very cool! Congrats on the new yarn

Gina~Will be keeping your family in my prayers...I hate drs or nurses with bad beside manner...mom's friend that has been fighting lung cancer since last spring, they told her this last trip she would need another round of chemo...the nurse added you know lung cancer is usually never goes away...thanks for the hope

Hi everyone, hope you guys are having a good day.

I think today was even more sad 'cause I had to put them on the bus, they wanted to ride. Although Roo all morning kept saying "I'm going to miss you mommy" *ouch*...so today I'm attacking the closets and hoping for rain...we need it badly...

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-26-2009), jess_hawk (08-31-2009), knitgal (08-26-2009)
Old 08-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #10678
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Finished the book, about 2 minutes ago. Ann I totally understand what you mean about the ending. Not what I was hoping for.

Now if only textbooks held my interest like that book did it would be great.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #10679
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Julie~You got further than I did with that book...I think I got through the first couple of chapters and took it back to the library

I have posted 3 blog posts in the past 2 days lol...anyways if you guys would like to read about the kids first days of school or my wait on the bus... it is there along with their pictures...I'm pretty excited that today I figured out how to do a video with their photos all on my own...I had been asking JD about it but just figured it out on my own today than wait another day...

Roo's room was a disaster...since moving here I had been letting them clean their way trying not to be soo pushy on everything has a place...but today I had to get in there I'm still not done!

Hope you guys are all having a great day : )

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Old 08-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #10680
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Good Morning Sole-Mates

Not much going on just work. On the knitting front I finished a square for a baby blanket for a lady in the SnB DSWMBO&A and I joined. It was a mitered square in Peaches and Cream on size 8 needles. Having knit mostly socks a size 8 is huge.

Still working on some hose and frogged what sewing I did on my kilt. The tension was off and I didn't like the looks of the hem. Hopefully I can get back to it this weekend. I definitely want the kilt done by the time of the Shenandoah Fiber Festival, fortunately that is in October.

I hope every one has a good morning/day/evening/night.

Closed Thread