Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #10691
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, YAY on finishing the book. ANd the pics of your kids/family made me smile. SO nice! Don't worry about your class. Stay organized and on top of the work so it doesn't pile up. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Carey, how was knit night at your house? Sorry I couldn't make it. We had a realtor here this morning. The folks who want our house are REALLY interested and wanted their realtor to take a look.

Jess, your work sounds really interesting!

Sue, your color class sounds fascinating. Thanks for keeping us updated on your conversations with Christine. I can only imagine how much pain she's in.

Ann, sounds like your job keeps you busy. Do you like it? How's the house-hunt going? I'm afraid we'll have to start that. DH is already looking online. The thought makes me sigh.

Dustina, I'll have to check out that series. I'm reading "Alaska" by Michener right now. It's 1072 pages and I'm on 673. I'd really like to finish it before we go to Alaska! I'm also listening to "Anna Karenina" when I walk and do housework. Great way to "read" classics.

Chris, hope your sewing shapes up!

Rache, YAY on the job! What are you reading lately? Smart to get organized for Christmas knitting!

Still no news on DH's tests. Sigh. I hate waiting.

FLS is going well. I'm such a weanie about lace patterns. I have to put a stitch marker between every pattern repeat or I mess it up. Oh well. I cut up a drinking straw into many pieces so I'd have enough stitch markers and now it's going well.

Hope you're all doing well! Happy knitting
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-29-2009), jess_hawk (08-31-2009), knitgal (08-29-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #10692
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Rache, congrats on the job! It's good to have some money coming in so you don't feel so stressed about things.

Julie, I love the pictures! Gina is right- your class may take a lot of work, but you can do it!!

Gina, knit night was wonderful! These are all mommies from my mother's group and it's such an amazing group of women. Add knit/crochet and a bottle of wine, and it just doesn't get any better.

Ann, I know I saw an update from you recently but can't remember if I responded... anyway, it's great to see you!!

If you guys wouldn't mind another prayer request... one of my mommies in my group just gave birth to her twins on Thursday night. She was only at 23 weeks. They're both hanging on, but no one knows if they'll make it. In addition, the mommy Deanna had some tough issues with the delivery and is in a bit of danger herself at the moment. She also has a 2 year old son at home. Please say a quick prayer for them, if you don't mind.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-29-2009), knitgal (08-29-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #10693
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
If you guys wouldn't mind another prayer request... one of my mommies in my group just gave birth to her twins on Thursday night. She was only at 23 weeks. They're both hanging on, but no one knows if they'll make it. In addition, the mommy Deanna had some tough issues with the delivery and is in a bit of danger herself at the moment. She also has a 2 year old son at home. Please say a quick prayer for them, if you don't mind.
You got it! How scary. I know how she feels, however at least when Bailey was born she was about 13 weeks further along. My cousin had twins at 24 weeks, 1 didn't survive, she had too much internal bleeding to sustain life. The other one is definately a fighter & is now 3, she wears glasses and some braces on her ankles/feet but other than that, a few surgeries & learning to eat, she's still having a hard time with that, she's doing great. I tell you what those little babies sure are fighters. The mother & twins & the family are in our prayers.
Just makes me sick to think of all the babies that are aborted, especially the ones that are delivered around that time frame or after and left on a table to die. Abortion is so unthinkable.
(stepping off the soap box before I get too high up)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #10694
G J
Instepping Out

Carey, your friend and her babies are in my prayers!

I just got back from a women's ministry luncheon and I'm SO excited! One of the women (I hadn't met her before) got up and said she wanted to start a prayer shawl ministry and was looking for other knitters. We got NINE people to sign up! We're meeting on Thursday evenings beginning Sept. 17! YAY! I won't have to drive to Austin to join Carey's group b/c I'll have my own! YAY!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #10695
Abbily
Instepping Out

Gina, I'm sad you won't be coming up for my group, but YAY for starting up a prayer shawl ministry! How wonderful!

Julie, I'll join you up on that soap box!

Thanks to you both for the prayers. The babies were baptized this afternoon, and the mommy group all texted in with the congregational response part of the baptism so they wouldn't be alone.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-30-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #10696
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hi everyone!

Busy busy busy! Josh and I spent the evening making cupcakes for a big shopping event at the store tomorrow. Sounds silly, but I think the customers will like it. Either that or all of the staff will have to eat them.

Gina- We're going to see 2 or 3 houses on Monday, so we'll see how we do. It's exciting for us since it's our first house, but I actually hate moving. So much to do!

Carey- Your friend and her twins are in my thoughts and prayers. What a difficult struggle.

Julie- Careful on that soapbox- that's one of the taboo topics! Your pictures are adorable, is Katie really almost the same size at Bailey, or does it just look that way?

Sorry everyone, just a quick drop in.

Hi to everyone else, Lisa, Sue, Chris, Emily, Rachel, Courtney....

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following User Says Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
cacunn (08-30-2009)
Old 08-30-2009, 12:39 AM   #10697
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by knitgal View Post
Julie- Careful on that soapbox- that's one of the taboo topics! Your pictures are adorable, is Katie really almost the same size at Bailey, or does it just look that way?
That's why I stepped off the soapbox before I got started.
As for the difference in size between Bailey and Katie, there's only 3 lbs difference & They wear the same size clothes, however Bailey is a bit taller than Katie, not by much though. I'll try to measure them tomorrow & I'll get back to you.
Glad to hear from you.

Gina how exciting!
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
knitgal (08-30-2009)
Old 08-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #10698
Abbily
Instepping Out

If no one minds, I thought I'd talk a bit about knitting today...

So I figured out why Emily's sweater isn't coming out quite the way I expected. I'm using the same yarn, same pattern, and same needles as the last time I knit the same sweater, but for some reason the gauge is a bit different! Well, as I was looking for a set of needle tips to start a Luna Moth shawl for my friend Deanna (who just had the very early twins), I discovered that I must have had the size 8 and size 9 tips swapped in their slots in my needle wrap! So, I only *thought* I was using size 8... Oh well, the sweater looks fine and fits fine and I'm more than half way done, so I'm not frogging it now. It will fit her for a bit longer than I expected, but that's OK, right?

Old 08-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #10699
jberry16
Instepping Out

Carey, that'd do it.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #10700
G J
Instepping Out

Ann, I'm with you on hating moving. But it looks like we may have to do just that! It seems we have buyers for our house!

Julie, isn't it interesting how kids are built differently?

Carey, I've done that with my Options before. In fact, I knit for awhile with one 8 and one 9. Oops.

We leave for our trip tomorrow. I'll try to stay in touch. We'll have internet for a few days and then none for a week.

Happy knitting!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (08-31-2009), knitgal (08-31-2009)
Closed Thread