Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #10711
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Hi everyone!
Emily~Glad to hear everything is going great for you there! You sound so excited about it all!

Ann~How did the house hunting go?

Dustina~Thanks for the updates on Christine. (I really should get on Facebook). Please tell her from me that I think of her daily and send strength, good thoughts and gentle hugs her way. Hope school is getting easier for Roo. Big changes for both her and you!

Susan~Hope you are enjoying the time with your DGSs! Our highs are in the mid-70's this week. Weather is beautiful! Hope they get to swim!

Carey~Your friend and her babies are in my thoughts! Hope your girls are doing well with school.

Hi to everyone! Work and life have just been crazy. Friends of ours have a DD who's boyfriend was selling his '07 Mustang to buy a truck/SUV, so we bought it from him last week! Love the car!! I looked a the '09s last year but didn't want to pay that much. (Dealer wouldn't sell under sticker price). Got a great deal and the car is in excellent shape. Has never been driven in the winter. Older DD is going to buy my car that I bought last year as hers has over 67K miles on it. Worked out good all around. Max the crazy puppy is now almost 16 weeks old and has gained 9 pounds since we got him. He's a good dog, just a maniac at times. DD put 2 videos on youtube if you want to see him. In one he's attacking some water in a basin (sorry DD says a quick swear word in this one), and in the other, he liked my niece and nephew's slide. Couldn't keep him off it the whole time we were there.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for fall. Hard to believe it's already September!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (09-02-2009), jess_hawk (09-02-2009), knitgal (09-02-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #10712
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina thanks for the updates, I have fb but forget to look.

Lisa those videos are very cute! & no worries about the o $*&% word. I'm not offended.

I start my A&P1 class tonight & have caught the kids headcold. Think I'll be taking a nap again today. I've finished Jacob's sock on Sunday & have yet to co for #2. I really want to knit the Traveling Woman shawl, free pattern on ravelry. But now we've got to get into the car and take Bailey to prek.

Can't believe it's September! Anyone wanna set a knitting goal for Sept? I'd like to get all 3 kids a pair of socks knit, but doubt that will happen... with all the studying I have to do.

I'll try to post more tomorrow.
everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (09-02-2009), Lisa1216 (09-01-2009)
Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #10713
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say hi. I started the new job. I've done two days cleaning hotel rooms. I haven't decided if I like it yet but I guess it'll do for the moment. I'm really tired now though. I'm hoping that it will calm down for a bit soon so there aren't so many rooms to do, I did an extra hour and a half today because it took so long.

In knitting news I finished a hat last night, its going in the christmas box.

Hope you are all well.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #10714
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Hey, all. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts for my friend Deanna. Sadly, her baby boy passed away on Sunday night. Baby girl, Addison, is stable. Keep praying, they need it! THANKS!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #10715
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Hey, all. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts for my friend Deanna. Sadly, her baby boy passed away on Sunday night. Baby girl, Addison, is stable. Keep praying, they need it! THANKS!
As sad as that is, it's to be expected when they are born that early. God bless them & we'll keep Deanna and her Addison & family in our prayers. Carey, maybe you could make her a preemie blanket to have something special for Addison in the NICU. It was always nice to see parents bring in "homey" things to the NICU, didn't seem so much like a hospital then.

1st class went well last night, keep in mind I'm used to 3.5 hours class lectures & to be done in just over an hour was wierd. We didn't get all the info covered he wanted to that first class but I'm pretty impressed with him so far. He speaks clear, slow & deliberate & he uses a microphone so no matter where you are in the class you can hear him. He looks like Curly, though he has a mustash.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #10716
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Carey: So sorry to hear about your friend's baby boy. How sad for them. They will be in my thoughts.

Dustina: I am not on Facebook, so next time you post please tell Christine that I am thinking about her and hope to speak to her again soon. Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #10717
1to1
Turning the Heel

Dustina, I don't have Facebook so I really appreciate your updates!

Hi to everyone!!

1to1
The Following User Says Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (09-02-2009)
Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #10718
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Carey~Oh I'm so sorry to read about the baby and the family...they are in my thoughts and prayers

Lisa~on the car! Max is just too cute

Julie~ My knitting goal for Sept is to get everything off the needles for the fair ....I Hope you feel better soon!

rachejm~Yay on the new job

Carla~no problem

Sue and Lisa, I posted your comments to Christine, if anyone else would like me to post something just let me know . I didn't get to post them yesterday so just did, last night I was hit by a bad sinus headache hadn't really had one since we moved out here so I thought maybe it was the other old house...but now fall is going to show me it wasn't I guess

I went to the dr this morning and had to get blood taken, now I don't like that at all...the though of blood makes me queasy so I think it worked out for the best kinda being surprised ...they want to check my thyroid out and two other things...might explain why I've been in such a blahh state lately...they think it could also be my b/c pill I'm on the one that now the lawyers are running ads for...I love the last comment if you or your loved one have had sudden death (how can you have that?? and still call and let them know) so either way they are changing my pill... I also found out that last year I had been knitting socks while waiting on the dr (she reminded me it was socks) so she taught her self how to knit and is now addicted...she said I just keep thinking about the pleasant lady that knitted socks and how I want to be that pleasant (oh if she only knew)

I'm decorated for fall now too except for the outside but that will have to wait till I can find some corn stalks and hay

I gotta sit down today and come up with my knitting class schedule...any tips on them? I will have a beginner's class and adv beginner's class...plus others but those are the ones I'm most nervous about...

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (09-02-2009), sue in canada (09-03-2009)
Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #10719
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Here is a breakdown of my classes do you think two 3 hr nights is enough? Should I break it down more?

Starting out:
Casting On
Knit St
Purl St
Increase
Decrease
Binding off

More comfy:
Ribbing
Seed St
Cables
Bobbles (do I need this one?)
Seaming
Picking up sts
button holes

Ready to Go:
Working in the round (3different ways)
Joining a new color
Fixing mistakes
Lifeline
Wrap and Turn

Already know how to knit English:
Teach those to knit continental with the knit st, purl st, and YO and SSK is that all that is different? between hands...

Using Two Hands:
A sample of color work where we will use both hands to knit the sample

Double Knitting:
Knitting favorite team scarfs

Sock Party:
Toe up Socks using different colors with this pattern

My only nights open are Mondays and Fridays...so I was thinking during the day classes with a few Saturdays threw in

ETA: the classes are 3hrs long some have 2 sessions but like the New to Cont. it only has 1 session...sample colorwork would prolly one need one too...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Old 09-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #10720
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hello everyone!

Carey: So, so sorry to hear about your friend's baby. They will be in my prayers

Emily: Isn't it nice when you love what you do?

Julie: Feeling better?

Dustina: I teach a knitting class. I just start another beginning class last Thursday. Last class I had six ladies who had never knitted before. By the end of the two hour class, we had gotten through casting on, knitting, and just barely started purling. I gave them a pattern for a sampler dish cloth that has you do a section of garter, stockinette and seed stitch. There was also some decorative yarn over patterns in the dish cloth that taught increasing and decreasing. By the end of the four week class, they had make pocketbook slippers ( which taught them seaming, increasing and decreasing), another dish cloth, and a round pot holder (which taught them short rows and seaming). I thought we would have gotten a lot further than we did.

In the second four week class, they learned picking up stitches, cabling, buttonholes, and how to knit in the round.

to everyone else.

I'm working on my FLS. Of course, it was 95 here today so I'm not in any real big hurry to finish it....

Courtney
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
dustinac (09-03-2009), jberry16 (09-02-2009), jess_hawk (09-02-2009)
Closed Thread