Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
Skater
Knitting the Flap

Question about changing decrease stitches to knit stitches
I have questions about a part of the pattern for Alice Starmore's Secret Garden sweater, which I am making for my granddaughter in size 2-3.

I have gotten through the first iteration of Chart C, the "normal" version of it. I am lost after that, when you're supposed to repeat Chart C but do it differently (?). It says "Then work row 1 but omit the decs and k these sts instead. Continue as set and work through row 8."

I do not understand these directions. Do you change the two stitches usually involved in the decrease to knit stitiches and then do the yarnovers as usual? Do you do that only for row 1? What happens when you get to the other rows - doesn't this mess up the stitch count? I am so confused.
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote