Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #10781
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Gina~Welcome home, did you take lots of pictures? I agree the grandma's dishrag would be a good starting point
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Yes
this was not the answer I was expecting

Julie~I remember those days now that both are in the same school it has cut down on my through out the day running around. Except for my volunteering at the school and knitting class days . In the mornings JD is out of here by 7:30 and then I got get the kids up to catch the bus at 8:30...after school we do homework and then on busy days I fix Isaiah and Roo something to eat so it can settle before football...then when we get home I gotta fix JD's dinner which is after 8 on those days...the kids usually want something else to eat...then it's shower/bed time stuff. On Tuesdays and Thursdays we have football practice it isn't over till 8 but takes us about 20 mins or so to get back home...then Wednesdays I pick the kids up and we drive to dance...then pick up Jackson...then head to church...on Saturdays is the football games unless they do like last night...then like any day our evenings are filled with feeding the cows/cats/fish and checking on the water. I like for the kids to be in bed by 8:30 too...We just don't seem to have a evening together anymore...maybe this winter it will be smoother

Jackie~I think Isaiah will start testing this year...I know it's very stressful on the kids. I hope she is enjoying her Sept break

Lisa~That sounds pretty! Maybe you could block him off from that room. Both JD and I have books but JD has the most...I made him move those boxes too ...I put your message on FB

Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing good!

If anyone has a message for Christine and not on FB just let me know...

I picked the kids up from school yesterday and then we came home to knock homework out of the way. Left for the game it was out a very curvy road and a few times I wasn't sure which turn to make, of course my cell had no coverage to call JD so thankfully I picked the right ones . I stayed for a bit till JD made it to the game and then Roo and I left. I hated to leave but felt like I needed to get her home and in bed at a time I like more. JD said that Isaiah did really good on defense this team was bigger and had enough players to change out on offensive and defensive...we can't do that lol we only have 11 boys total. We held them 7-0 till the end and then they came back and beat us 21-7...JD said our boys were just so tired and the other team knew how to hit hard...he said he held his breath a few times when Isaiah went down 'cause you could hear it hit. They didn't get home till almost 9.

Today we have dance and church...I'm going to paint a shelf today too...while in WV I made a copy of the picture of my dad and Papa together before heading into the mines. Then dad gave me the dinner bucket that they both carried and the hat they both used (in the picture it's the one my papa is wearing) so I'm wanting to get that stuff up on a shelf by itself at the end of the hall way.

I got the peppers cut and we still had a ton so JD took those to work today...got the apples cut too...

I hope you all have a wonderful day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (09-16-2009), jberry16 (09-16-2009), Lisa1216 (09-16-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #10782
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Got a msg. on fb from Christine's daughter Tanya, here's what she said;

Hi Julie! Mom is doing ok. She is still battling issues with her blood pressure, and has added a high fever too boot! Hopefully they will get settled soon so she can be transferred to a rehab facility and finish getting better. She is up and walk...ing around a little bit more and more everyday. Hope all is well on your end.

We've started the integumentary system last night at class, the skin, and did y'all know that your skin alone makes up 7% of your body weight? Usually 9-11 lbs. wow!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
cacunn (09-16-2009), Lisa1216 (09-16-2009)
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #10783
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hello all!

I just finished reading the Hug Blog and I have tears in my eyes and a big smile on my face. You little sneaksters, you were all in on this for months! How on earth did you keep it a secret? I loved all the pictures of everyone's families and everyone knitting on the shawl. I have the hug wrapped around me right now as a matter of fact and Lucy is all cuddled up right in my lap.

I want to write each of you a note, but I'll save that to write on the blog.

Thank you again for your kindness and hardwork. I really do feel wrapped up in a hug right now.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
cacunn (09-16-2009), G J (09-16-2009), jberry16 (09-16-2009), Lisa1216 (09-17-2009)
Old 09-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #10784
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Ann it wasnt easy, but we did it. So glad you had no idea. Enjoy it and think of us all often. Lord knows we're keeping you in our prayers.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
knitgal (09-17-2009)
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #10785
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, thanks for your input on the class. I think I'll do the Grandma's dishcloth. I bought the yarn at Hobby lobby tonight and I'll start a demo cloth.

Jackie, yes, I knit on board! I saw a few other people crocheting, but no other knitters.

Dustina, Yes, we took lots of pictures. It was beautiful, but we didn't see much wildlife up close, so those pics aren't very good. How are your knitting classes going? Any input for me? I've taught individuals to knit before, but never a class....

Can someone put the FB link for Christine's page up here? I can't seem to find it.

Ann, SO GLAD you like our secret activities! Julie said it well. Think of us when you wear it and know you're in our prayers! It TRULY is a prayer shawl, knit with prayer for YOU!

I met up with DS today to get his eyes checked and he told me he has all kinds of lumps on his neck. Sure enough, he's got some huge and some little ones and has had them for two weeks. He also has headaches and a minor sore throat. I think it's his lymph nodes. Mono, maybe? We were at the opthomologist at the time, and we mentioned it to him and he is sending Nick for blood work and a chest x-ray. Not sure why the x-ray. Ideas, anyone?

DH sees the doc tomorrow too. Good grief. I'm getting tired of doctors. Hope we finally get some answers!

Hi to the rest of you! Hope you're well and the knitting is smooth!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (09-18-2009), knitgal (09-17-2009)
Old 09-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #10786
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

Ann -

Gina - may we see the photos pls, and of course your knitting project onboard Sorri that i can offer any advice on DS, hope you guys can have an answer/remedy soon

Christine -

Dustina - yeah, exams are stress to both the kids and the parents

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
knitgal (09-17-2009)
Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 AM   #10787
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Can someone put the FB link for Christine's page up here? I can't seem to find it.

I can't get to FB at work, so I can't get the link, but if you search on "Christine Murphy" you should find the page "Prayers for Christine Murphy"

Old 09-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #10788
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

Ann~ditto on what Julie and Gina said...it's our way of giving you a hug when we can't

Gina~ this is the advice I was given...get ready some will pick it up right away, others won't and will want you to do it all, some will push ya to move faster, while others will say you are going to fast...come with patiences (which by the way I don't have lol)

Jackie~I was talking to Jackson's mom yesterday and they are having the testing week next month so he has to stay after school for an hour for study sessions...thankfully Isaiah's hasn't started that...

Julie~thank you for the update...

Here is the link for the FB page

Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing ok...miss ya'll posts

I gotta finish gloves today and the scarf for the LYS for the fan favorite scarf class...

Little annoyed today I have one person that keeps throwing in my face how I shouldn't be bothered with our evening schedule 'cause I don't work...or how I should be able to do this for her 'cause I don't work...I mean I can't fix dinner at 10am ya know...and I do have test knits and samples to knit...plus get ready for classes...grrrr

Tonight we have football practice but that's not bad...I'll go down till JD gets there and then Roo and I will come home...

Hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (09-18-2009), knitgal (09-17-2009)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #10789
Arielluria
Instepping Out

Finished the Twinkleberry. LOOOOOOved this pattern, fun to work up, pretty and easy to memorize 6-row repeat. I did it in Mei-Mei Bamboo Silk for a friend who is allergic. Foot pics later, it's even prettier stretched out.

A righteous man has regard for the life of his animal (Proverbs 12:10)
Adopt a pet PETFINDER.COM

Free patternns on My blog or on Ravelry:
The Following User Says Thank You to Arielluria For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (09-18-2009)
Old 09-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #10790
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Friends!
Big news here: DS has mono. No surprise. I've thought it for months! The funny thing is that my dad teased him about having the "kissing disease" all summer when he was so tired! He probably DID have it even then!

Dustina, thanks for the link to Christine's site. And for the advice.

Ariel, the socks are LOVELY!!!

Tonight is our first knit night! I hope it goes well! I knit a demo "grandma's dishcloth" to get us started. Do any of you use handouts? What do you use? Feel free to email them to me! (gjohnson at aboutstudysmart dot com)

Jackie and the rest, Here are pics for you:
The first is just before we boarded the ship. (Yes, I'm wearing my Amused.)
The second is in Junea, on the Flume trail above the city. Beautiful, lovely, wonderful hike!
The third is in Glacier Bay, with the Fairweather mountains in the background and the glacier calving in the front.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska 057 Getting On-Postable.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	53435  Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska 105 FlumeTrail.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	53436  Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaska 147Glacier;postable.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	53437  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Jackie Lim (09-17-2009), jberry16 (09-18-2009), knitgal (09-17-2009), Lisa1216 (09-18-2009)
Closed Thread