Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #10791
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

Gina - Thanks for the beautiful photos - Nice scenery How is the weather there ? ( Amused)

Dustina - Thinking of the super long after exams holiday, makes us happy

Ariel - nice socks

Christine

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #10792
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Guess who called me today???
Any ideas?

Christine! I was floored. She's emotional and upset that she can't knit, said she tried & knit 4 sts but was too druged to remember how to knit her stitches. She said that books are her friend right now, she can get 'lost' in a story and not have to worry about the pain or the fact she's going to be in the hospital for a while. Said it's kinda lonely there, but that Frank & Tanya are keeping her company. I made sure to tell her that all of us on KH are praying for her & sending her hugs and well wishes & she started to get weapy again. Bless her heart.

ok that's all...

Gina great pics, mono huh? ick. Isn't that pretty contagious?

Dustina, hang in there, you can do it & dont bend to meet other peoples schedules; you're the teacher.

Tonight we had a pop quiz, out of 10 questions, being 10 pts each, I got 7 correct, 3 wrong. So a total of 70%. Guess I'm doing just enough studying to 'get by.' Yes I'm going to "up" my study.
Been working on the swallowtail shawl, have the budding lace repeat done & bought some size 6 beads, too big & some size 10 beads, too small, to do the 'nupps' with instead of the p5tog stitch. I've heard those are aweful-besides thought the beads would be prettier. So think I'll search for some size 8 beads tomorrow, those should be perfect...return the 6's to JoAnns & the 10's to Michaels & probably end up at a bead store. Wish I knew how many I'll need.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #10793
1to1
Turning the Heel

Hey Friends,

I feel so sorry for Christine! Since I haven't been knitting much lately, I feel guilty. I finally finished a dishcloth last night though.

Gina, my DD14 has mono and walking pneumonia so I feel your pain. After calling the doctor's office twice and going to the lab twice, she never did see the doctor. I think she has had it for over a week. She is home from school today and now they say they can't get her homework together until she is gone two consecutive days. She is most upset that she will probably miss the rest of tennis season.

Off to call each one of her teachers individually so that I can get her homework.

Take care,

1to1
Old 09-18-2009, 10:22 AM   #10794
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hey everybody!

I haven't posted in a reaaaaaly long time, but I have been reading.
Dh and I went to his family reunion in Waco about two weeks ago and his cousin brought her baby who just happened to have a very contagious case of the stomach flu. Well, we got there Friday and by Sunday afternoon people were dropping fast. All together, I think about 30 people got sick. So, the whole week of Labor Day I was pretty much out of commission.

So, this week was spent playing catch-up for last week. My knitting class is doing the FLS as a KAL. I spent most of yesterday teaching them the one row buttonhole. This is their first garment to knit.

Julie: Thanks for letting us know that you spoke to Christine.

Gina: What awesome pictures! In my knitting classes, I do pass out a hand-out that lists common knitting abbreviations.
Hope your ds starts feeling better. I had that as a teenager. It took quite awhile to get my energy back.

to everyone else

We are leaving for Colorado next Thursday and my plan was to have my FLS done by then. I don't think that's going to happen...

I think that I'll start posting more often, because trying to remember all the posts that I read is a bit overwhelming...

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (09-19-2009)
Old 09-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #10795
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Jackie, the weather in Alaska was cool (cold some days) and somewhat damp, but not bad. Here, it's hot, but not as bad as August. upper 80's, low 90's F.

Julie, so glad you could be an encouragement to Christine. I can't imagine the pain she's in. Mono is contagious through saliva. So no sharing food, kissing, etc. I'm guessing his girlfriend will have it soon if she hasn't already had it! Did you know you can have periods of contagion even after you're all well for the rest of your life?!?

Carla, no guilt for not knitting! Enjoy ALL of life! Besides, with your daughter so sick, you have a LOT on your plate! Poor thing! DS refused to come home to recover. I hope he takes care of himself!

Courtney, glad you're feeling better. What a pain to get everyone sick! Somebody (coughsickkidcough) should have stayed home! If you used the tutorial on here for the one-row buttonhole, it has a mistake in it. You have to transfer the last stitch back to the left needle and knit it before you continue. Good luck getting your FLS done that fast! Mine is taking forever....probably b/c I had to do so much of it twice! I knit a lot on the cruise, but was re-knitting part of it. My niece couldn't fix my mistake and I ended up frogging about 6" of lace.

Our first knit night went GREAT! I taught four women to knit. One is going gang-busters and already has half a dishcloth finished, albeit a messy one. The other three are taking more time to get a nice gauge and are practicing their ten stitches. Four other women came and knit and crocheted and we had a great time.

The big event of the day is that DD's BF is coming over for lunch. Driving three hours to do it. Can you guess what's on his mind?!?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #10796
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

hi
morning,

Julie - thanks for letting us know christine's call. Is a comfort to chat with her and make her feel that she is not alone

Christine - i m sending my warm hugs to you

Gina - sounds like your knitmeet is a success, more to come ? Have fun and enjoy your DD's BF over for lunch.

Courtney - enjoy your holiday, and hope your FLS wil be done by then and u can wear it on the way.

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #10797
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
OK Gina, inquiring minds want to know, what did DD's BF have to say during lunch?
Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #10798
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

I'm Back!
Hey everyone

I will keep this brief because I picked up a cold while I was away and have a nasty headache.

Holiday was good, spent lots of time with family. I also found a yarn shop and brought back beautiful sock wool (they do mail order too, she gave me her card!).

Haven't heard from work about when I'm supposed to be in next, hope they don't call till I'm better.

Hope you are all ok. I'm off to find painkillers and food.

xxx

Old 09-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #10799
knitgal
Working the Gusset

I know, Gina, we're so nosy....I mean curious!

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

Old 09-20-2009, 03:09 AM   #10800
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

hi
Gina - me too me too

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Closed Thread