Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
yarnfanatic
Ribbing the Cuff

Knots in my yarn
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted in some time because school has started again, so I must forgo my knitting time for teaching time. I still find a couple hours a day to knit. Hope all of you are doing well.

Here is my dilemma. When I first started knitting, I used inexpensive yarns afraid that I would make a mess of the project or just give up on it, and being the frugal person I am I didn't want "money" sitting there. I've come to realize, just as with sewing, if I'm going to invest a lot of time in a project, it is worth the extra money I spend on good fabric or yarn. I rarely found knots in the inexpensive yarns. Not so with the more expensive ones. I recently finished a sweater using Sublime and had several knots in that. I am presently using some Austral, and I have already found two knots in one skein. I hate cutting the knot out and joining, but I guess that is the best way to hide the imperfection.

Any thoughts on this or is it something that comes with using more expensive yarns. BTW the yarn was not seconds. I bought them at my LYS.
yarnfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote