Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

for Christine.

Sue - thanks.

Dustina - sleepover is not common here

Doodknitwit - I tried both the dpns and the 2@1time socks. My first few of socks i did dpns method but came out 1 longer than the other due to the different tension on both socks, and there is this SSS (second sock syndrome) Ever since i know how to 2@1time, ML, with a 32" cir ndl,both socks (No SSS) came out nice, i have not look back

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-30-2009, 11:27 PM   #10872
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Here's what's up on Christine's Facebook Prayer page.

UPDATE (Sept 30) Hello everyone! I apologize for not updating recetly, but there wasn't much to tell. However, that has changed. I am so proud to let you all know that today my Mom walked 150 metres with her walker, and then she walked around with the aid of only 2 canes!!! After she finished that, she went and did 1 hour of physio. She really did earn a rest today! Way to go Boot! She is determined now more than ever. Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts and jokes. All messages really do cheer her up. It is still so nice to see how many people care. With love, Frank and Tanya

The tortillas turned out great!

Chris, the video idea is a great one! Now to find a video camera! Any suggestions for something not too expensive, but still good?

Julie, you've found your key to long-term memory! YAY! Learn, repeat, recall...a lot!
Dustina, you don't HAVE to buy the data package, even if your phone can use it. We have texting, but that's it.

Sue, thanks for letting us know Christine got the scarf. I'm glad she liked it!

Jackie, you could start a new trend...sleepovers in Singapore!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-01-2009), dustinac (10-01-2009), jberry16 (10-01-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #10873
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Julie~What about slippers or the bread biscuits...they are made with a skien of sugar n' creme I think that is all I used...
patterns? for the bread biscuits...
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #10874
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

Originally Posted by jberry16 View Post
patterns? for the bread biscuits...
sorry about that I was on the little Eee last night and lazy here it is...when I bought it last year it was more than $5 but it included a recipe and other things...now it looks like you gotta buy the kit to get the extra stuff on her etsy site.

Gina~JD has a work phone but that was with his old position and the contract is running out and the new position doesn't give you a phone...so he has to have all that stuff web, e-mail, stuff for documents etc...I wouldn't but he will

Sue & Gina~thank you for the updates

Jackie~When I was younger we had sleep overs often but my parents knew everyone in town that I went to school with 'cause they went to school with their parents. It's harder now for me to allow the kids go somewhere else for a sleep over. Isaiah has only had them with Jackson and that is 'cause I got to know Jackie very well. It is hard though

Got a game tonight and gotta finish the set for the LYS...hoping Saturday to have it done (yeah right but I can hope) so when JD goes to town for a hair cut he can take it in and get a picture of my scarf (ok hoping a bit there too lol)

I hope you guys have a great day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-01-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #10875
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Hi everyone! Just checking in quick here. Finally back from PA and racing. Had a good time, although work kept calling DH with issues and that wasn't good. So hard for him to take a day off. He finally shut his phone off Friday morning, which I was happy about. Still hard to relax after receiving the calls. Anyhoo, I skimmed though all the posts so sorry about no real personal notes, although Julie the shawl is beautiful. I would like to do one once life settles back down.
Hope everyone is well. Thanks for the updates on Christine. Glad she is moving forward in her rehab and getting stronger.
The next 2 weeks here will be crazy with moving older DD into her new apartment this weekend and younger DD and her BF coming home for their October break the following weekend. I met the BF in May when I went out to move her home at the end of the semester, but DH and other DD haven't yet. They'll only be home for 4 days and my house is in total chaos right now with older DD moving out. So much to get done in the next 2 weeks.
Take care and I'll check back in soon!!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-01-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #10876
cdjack
Turning the Heel

As usual, I haven't posted in awhile but I have been reading. My Grandad passed away on the 18th, so dh and I drove to Lubbock that next day through the 22nd. Then, we left for Colorado on the 24th and got back Monday night. I feel like I haven't been home in ages.
I've spent the past few days doing laundry, cleaning and restocking the fridge and pantry.

Gina: Exciting news in your world: your moving and going to be planning a wedding! Have you found any houses that you like? My in-laws live in Pecan Grove now and have been looking at houses forever. They can't find anything that they like in the Richmond/SugarLand area. They think all the houses are too close together.
I'm almost done with the body of my FLS as well. I was a little unsure about the sleeve directions as well. I just figured it might make more sense when I get there.

Jackie: You live in Singapore? I lived in Singapore for about three years in the early eighties. I loved it there!

Sue: Thanks for the updates on Christine. I'm so glad that she likes her scarf. It was so fun to work on.

Dustina: We have AT&T. We live in an unincorporated part of our county and it's really the only one we can get a dependable signal with. My mom has a Blackberry and loves it.

Julie: Your shawl is absolutely gorgeous! I love that color. How is studying going?

Doodknitwit: I prefer knitting socks on two circulars.

Hi to everybody else!

Oh, does anyone here have hypothyroidism? It runs in my family (as in almost everyone on my mom's side has it). My 30 year old sister just got diagnosed with it too. I'm pretty sure that I have it as well, but my doctor doesn't seem to know anything about thyroid disease. I do have an appointment next week though to have blood work done.

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-02-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #10877
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Dustina, I LOVE the biscuit blanket pattern. SO cute! I wonder if we could figure it out and thereby save a few dollars. You can set up each phone with its own services. They don't BOTH need everything unless you want it that way.

Lisa, you sound SO busy! Hope you don't over-do it!

Courtney, sorry about your granddad. I figured out the sleeve. It took a few readings of the directions, but then I got it. I have hypothyroidism. I take Armour thyroid--bioidentical hormone and it works well for me. You WILL need your levels checked every four months or so. It's really important to keep your levels right. Find a better doctor if yours doesn't know anything about it.

We have knit night tonight! YAY!

Talk to y'all later. I need to spend an hour sorting files before DH gets home.
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (10-02-2009)
Old 10-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #10878
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Courtney, sorry to hear about your granddad! Can't wait to see your FLS. Sorry, I know nothing about hypothyroidism. Good luck, I hope you find a doc who knows about it!

Gina, enjoy your knit night tonight! Can't wait to see your FLS, too!

Dustina, that biscuit blanket is so cute! I'm with Gina- I bet we could work it out.

Gotta run- the kids have gymnastics in an hour!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #10879
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Courtney: Sorry to hear about your Grandad.

Dustina The pattern only is still there for $5.00. She has some nice patterns. The mans hat pattern looks good, but I am sure I can find a similar one for free.

Gina: When are you looking at more houses?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #10880
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

Courtney - Sorry about your granddad Hope u visit Singapore again.

Gina - How is your Knit Night ?
It's hard to have sleepover here, like Dustina said, most of the time I dont see the parents send their kids to school, they on school bus or is the domestic helper that bring them to school. Most of the parent in Jayne's school are working couple.

Dustina - is a great thing that Isaiah that he has a sleepover buddy and their friendship can be as long as it can be. i love to read their "pea in a pot" story in your blog.

Julie - how is your studies

Lisa - hope everything settle down soon

Christine, Sue -

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (10-02-2009)
Closed Thread