Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #10911
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
OK I decided to go to the LYS yesterday & try some wheels on for size so to speak, I ended up renting my dream wheel, Ashford Joy, it's only $10 a week to rent it- here's a video of me spinning on it last night.

Here's a video of a few balloons that drifted near our house on Saturday morning before we left for Taos. You mostly hear Brian & Caitlin's voices.

This video is of a sheep shearing demo @ Taos, yes I took my video camera in my purse...it's a little JVC camcorder, records on the same SD cards that you use for digital cameras. so cool! Guess I never realized just how noisy sheep are.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #10912
jberry16
Instepping Out

Just incase any of you are interested thought I'd post this in here...btw the fiber is soooooo soft and silky feeling.
I purchased this spindle to try spindle spinning & it’s just not my ‘thing.’ This has a 3” whorl. According to Schacht’s website, “Our Hi-Lo Spindles offer the best of both whorls: a brass hook at the top for high-whorl spinning and a grooved shaft for low-whorl spinning. 3” (2.2 ounces). Hi-Lo Spindles are made of hard maple.”
$15.00 includes shipping to the lower 48, if elsewhere pm me your addy & I’ll figure shipping for you. Fiber pictured is included.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #10913
Creations248
Casting On

Abbily - at least you got your washer and drier. When we bought our house we purchased ours and were charged and billed and they never delivered!!!! Talk about a fight with Sears. Get in their face and stay there until you get satisfaction. Good luck to you.

CathyJ/Creations248
Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #10914
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Jackie, I need your address! I thought I had it, but I don't, so please PM or email it to me ASAP. Or take your time and I'll try out all your goodies.

Cathy, in the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "Lucky!" I don't have ANY good LYS nearby. Good for the budget, although I do buy yarn online or on vacation!!

Rache, you sound busy! Can't wait to see pics of your owls!

Dustina, calm? I woke up at 4 something this morning and couldn't sleep for thinking about everything! So I got some stuff done, changed my status to available and took a subbing job. I've been procrastinating sorting files anyway, so I thought I might as well get paid to do it. We got a note that the one house in our subdivision that was a possibility has another offer on it. Guess that one's not meant for us! It was really small anyway.

Carey, it sounds like you got a lemon. I know Texas has lemon laws for cars. Do they apply for appliances, too? Good luck with it all! I'm sure your brownies will be delicious. I love to bake and just made pumpkin bars for our Bible study group. Yum.

Chris, where is your preferred place to buy appliances?

Sue, I'm so glad you're keeping in touch with Christine for us all! Thanks!

Julie, good luck selling your spinning stuff so you can buy what you really want.

Okay, since I didn't get my stuff done at home today, it's time to get at least a few things crossed off my list. Talk to y'all later.
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-06-2009)
Old 10-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #10915
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hi everyone!

Well, I went to the doctor this morning to get my thyroid checked.
After waiting over 30 minutes, I told her all my symptoms- the worst one being exhaustion. I told her I sleep 8 hours a night, stay asleep all night, and still wake up exhausted. I answered all of her questions, got blood drawn, and then she gave me a prescription for Ambien. Huh?

Hi Cathy, welcome to the group!

Rachel: Can't wait to see your sweater. I've always loved that pattern

Dustina: The State Fair of Texas is going to right now in Dallas. It's about an hour away from here. They work it out so all the local school districts get their own Fair Day off from school and ride buses down there.

Carey: That's horrible about your dryer. They should definitely give you a new one. We usually by appliances at Lowe's or Best Buy.

Sue: Thanks for keeping us up to date on Christine.

Julie: Good luck on selling your wheel. That's cool that you lys let you rent a wheel. I'm not even sure any yarn stores around sell wheels.

Hi Gina, Chris, Ann, Lisa, Jackie, Christine and everybody else!

We are driving down to Sugar Land on Friday morning. My in-laws are throwing my brother-in-law a "You are out of the Army" party.
Needless to say, after two tours in Iraq, we are all very ready for this chapter of his life to be over. We are all very proud of him, though. I sure hope that the weather cooperates down there.

Talk to y'all soon.

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-06-2009)
Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #10916
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

Gina - i saw yr email before i came here, hence i send u twice my mailing address KP

Dustina - wow, Roo is going to have a sleepover ? and happy for Isaiah having a friend who live nearby. Say Hi to the kiddso and that there is Me here cant wait to read bout their sleepover

Rachel - Owl is in my Q, looking forward to see yours

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #10917
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Cathy, yikes!! I hope you got your washer & dryer straightened out!

I may have figured out the secret- rather than calling Sears repair again, I called the store and got a sales person to call them for me. He accomplished more in an hour than I have in the last 2 months! He assures me they are shipping me the right part this time... I won't hold my breath, but at least he was really trying to help.

Courtney, I hope your doc gives you a better answer than that once your blood test results come in! Please tell your BIL "thank you" for me! And congrats on his homecoming!

Gina, the brownies did come out good! I really want to try your scone recipe, I just haven't remembered to shop for the ingredients yet. I need to print out the recipe, maybe that will help! Your pumpkin spice bars sound wonderful!

We just got back from our neighborhood 'national night out' block party- we had a good time! There were plenty of kids, so our kids had a good time, and we met several neighbors we hadn't met before, so it was nice. Now I'm off to watch MI-5 with Chris and work on Abby's sweater.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 10-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #10918
jberry16
Instepping Out

I'm sure y'all are curious (since I was) about my first exam results, well I scored a 75% but with a curve scored a 79.78%
I thought I'd done better, but I'm happy that I passed. The only folks that received A's have taken this course with this professor 2-3 times before...this is my first attempt.

o & I may have a bite on my wheel?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #10919
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Julie, congrats on your test, and I hope you get a bite on your wheel!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-07-2009)
Old 10-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #10920
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
I just found this stretchy bind-off that looks like it's perfect for toe-up socks. There's a tutorial for it here. Have any of you tried it?

Jackie, I got your address. Thanks. It will go out Wednesday!

Courtney, that's ridiculous! The Dr. didn't listen very well! I hate it when that happens. Your blood work should give more information. Just be sure your Dr. has the latest recommendations b/c the old ones show low levels as normal. You can come help me sort files while you're here on Friday! That's more fun than a party, right?

Carey, I hope your dryer is finally made right! Glad your brownies were yummy. So were the pumpkin bars! Here's the recipe if y'all want it.

Pumpkin Bars

BARS:
¾ c. margarine
2 c. sugar
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
4 eggs
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. soda
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. nutmeg
1 c. chopped walnuts (opt)
FROSTING (vanilla):
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
½ c. margarine (or just 1-2 tbsp.)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. confectioner’s sugar

Cream margarine and sugar till light and fluffy. Blend in pumpkin and eggs. Add dry ingredients, mix well. Add nuts if desired. Spread mixture onto greased and floured 15 ½ x 10 ½” jelly roll pan. Bake at 350o for 30–35 minutes. Cool.

Frost with vanilla frosting: Combine cream cheese, margarine, and vanilla. Gradually add sugar. Mix well until creamy. 24 servings. (Gina Johnson)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-07-2009), Jackie Lim (10-07-2009), jberry16 (10-07-2009)
Closed Thread