Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #11001
Jackie Lim
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Lim
hi
morning,

welcome to our home away from home, Gio. A great place to chat and hang out How's your work day ?
sorri, cant help with the sock question, but i'm sure it will be answer by the experienced knitters here.

Dustina - we are the same afraid of crowded places, worried of whatsoever that is in the air by human contact at near distance.
There is no way of avoiding

Julie - for the wheel. cute tiny socks. Pooh n gangs

Welcome to my blog

FOs - In my blog
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackie Lim For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-14-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:19 AM   #11002
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
It's early here, but I've been up for an hour already. Wish I could sleep a little later, but I wake up and start thinking of all I have to do. I've been trying to make a list the night before, but in the wee hours, I wake up and start to think about it all. Oh well.
DD came home yesterday! She'll be here through Sunday to help me with packing, choosing stuff for the house, etc. She's a great student, so the professors don't mind if she misses a bit. Today are inspections and I'm meeting a flooring guy and painter at the house and have to choose colors stuff today. Just a little stress there. Hmmm. Probably related to make wakefulness, huh?

Christine, It's so good to see you posting. We've missed you on here! How was Thanksgiving?

Sue, your Thanksgiving sounds great. I thought we may end up with pizza for our THanksgiving this year, but I just found out that my inlaws are for sure coming. We had hoped to re-schedule them for Christmas, but they don't want to. UGH! WE move THE DAY BEFORE!!! They're getting older and just moved themselves, so I cannot expect them to be very helpful. Maybe I can at least get my MIL to cook!

Lisa, I called the liquor store and they charge $1 a box. I got some from the grocery store, but the bottoms were only partial (the flaps don't meet). So I saw someone's ad on Craigs List for about 70 moving boxes for $50. DH and I went and got them yesterday and they even had extra wardrobe boxes. I figure we can probably re-sell when we're done with them.

Carey, YAY on the new dryer! That's the right thing for them to do and it's nice that they're FINALLY doing the right thing. DH and I looked at refrigerators and dishwashers yesterday. They need to be replaced in the new house. Thankfully, we happened upon an appliance store right near one of the big box stores and they had the best stuff and the best prices. YAY!

Chris, your ME weekend sounds great! ENJOY! and your pumpin fairy hats are almost as adorable as those they adorn!

Julie, I checked Snopes on the Pyrex thing and it's true. I bake with mine all the time, but not straight from the freezer. Your swine flu pic is cute. Did you take it? YOur mini knits are adorable.

Jackie, so sad that you missed the post, but I'm SO GLAD your stuff is there!!!

Gio, welcome. At the top of the Knitting Help pages is a link to a glossary. If you see instructions you don't understand, look there first. There are videos attached to most entries. Jump right in on this KAL and share what you want! We're not limited to socks, but include life, too! Besides, Chris and Steve need company! And of course, show us some pics of what you're doing if you can!

Have a great day, everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-14-2009), Lisa1216 (10-14-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #11003
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Julie, I checked Snopes on the Pyrex thing and it's true. I bake with mine all the time, but not straight from the freezer. Your swine flu pic is cute. Did you take it? YOur mini knits are adorable.
I cook with all my pyrex too, never from the freezer, sometimes from the fridge, but I always start those in a cold oven. Shoot I counted my pyrex baking dishes and I have 8! I also have 2 pie plates that are easily 50 yrs old, Grandma said so & she would know since they were hers. I'll keep those for sure, not sure if I'll keep or get rid of my pyrex. What are you going to do? The mini-knits are so fun, wish you could knit small gauge without pain. Have you tried the square needles yet? No I didn't take the swine flu pic, though I wish I had, I have all the animals.

Jacob's kindergarten class has a field trip to Dions today & we're excited about that. Not sure if Bailey can walk a mile over there but we're going to try, think I'll put Katie on my back in a sling-I should be sore later, she weighs a ton (27 lbs, Bailey's only 30lbs).
Old 10-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #11004
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!

Julie~so cute! Great job

Gina~The move before this one was during the holidays, I said never again after that...will not move during Nov or Dec or Oct for that matter lol. I would just order a Thanksgiving dinner, around here delis will do that we used to do that when it was just the 3 of us and Isaiah was to little to eat it all...we made trips home then too now I like to stay up here for Thanksgiving...keeping it all in my prayers!

Jackie~Yeah JD isn't that way as much as I am...and Isaiah isn't...but Roo is a lot like me with germs/crowds.

Carey~I know we noticed others had coupons for food printed off but we didn't see those on the website, next year going to do that or pack a lunch and leave in the car. It was crazy expensive for food...and then we told the kids they could each get one thing to kinda remember it...hard to find something under 20.00...we did find Roo a Chinese fan for 3 and Isaiah a play dagger for 8...JD and I shared a caramel apple that was our splurge for the day

I had to run and get Isaiah from school this morning...has a stomach ache and headache...no surprise on the headache since I have one today...my whole right side of my face is killing me even into my teeth crazy sinuses...he has the same trouble with his...he is napping now...

It's coooollllddd here and they now have us getting snow Friday and Saturday and said we might see a white Halloween

Suppose to have dance and church tonight have to see how he feels...might have to call the school and say put Roo on the bus and call the church and say yes put them in the Christmas play (tonight was sign ups and all that)

I did get this mini sock done for chapstick but Roo swiped it It was nice to knit something fast quick and be done with it

Hope you guys are having a great day of knitting
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	stocking.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	53563  

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-14-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #11005
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hey y'all!

We left last Thursday night for Houston and came back late Sunday night. My bil's "Getting out of the Army" party was fun and I got to take my niece to the Pumpkin Patch. Too cute!

Monday I went to the State Fair of Texas. It was crazy! It was Fair Day for at least four different school districts AND Oprah was there taping her show. The show started at 10 and women started lining up at 2 in the morning in order to get in. Crazy!

I still haven't gotten my test results back! I called yesterday morning and the receptionist told me that the results are in but that the doctor has to call me and discuss them.

Jackie: Did you get your package yet?

Carey: Yay on the dryer! Have y'all had any more rain? I know Austin needs it.

Chris: Love the pumpkin hat! Adorable! I wish we had a Fiber Festival to go to down here. That sounds great!

Julie: Your kids are adorable! Thanks for the info on the Pyrex.
I have glass cookware, but it is not the Pyrex brand.

Gina: Congrats on the house! Do you have a "1/2 Price Boxes" store near you? I know that they have locations in Houston, but not sure if there is one in your area. Anyway, they are great if you need anymore boxes.

Christine: So glad that you are home and I'm sure that your DH and Boots are even more glad to have you home. So good to hear from you!

Dustina: I haven't been to the Ren Festival in ages. I remember getting my hair french braided and my face painted. Hope you and Isaiah feel better.

Hi Gio! Welcome to the group!

I haven't knitted since last Thursday. I need to work on the sleeves of my FLS today because I have knitting class tomorrow.

to everyone else!

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-14-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:42 AM   #11006
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Pumin Fairy Socks and cup sweater
Socks for the Pumin Fairy and for size comparison a coffee cup sweater.

The socks are done in Red Heart Sport Pumpkin and Green. The cup sweater is in Lion Brand Wool-Ease.

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-14-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #11007
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say a quick hello before I leave for work. Nothing much going on here other than me being sick, my computer being down and working lots. Sorry for not being by very often, I'm like that kid that never calls home! I promise to come by and have a good chat soon.

Love you all!

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
cdjack (10-14-2009), jberry16 (10-14-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #11008
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Hey guys I just got a text from my mom she is at the ER with my grand dad he is having trouble breathing...that is all I know...say if you could say a prayer please

Chris~Those booties are too cute and love the cozy!

Courtney~I hope you get your results back soon...glad you guys had a good party...wow that is crazy 2am line up

Ann~I hope you feel better soon, are you still looking at houses...we know you are busy post when you can

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
knitgal (10-15-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #11009
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,163 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Hey guys I just got a text from my mom she is at the ER with my grand dad he is having trouble breathing...that is all I know...say if you could say a prayer please
Prayers headed their way now!

Chris cute!

Ann glad to see you posting, hope you feel better & the computer behaves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009), knitgal (10-15-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #11010
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Gina, YAY for a close appliance store! As for Thanksgiving day- I think I would tell MIL that you would love to have her over, but you'll be dining on pizza (or whatever you choose) since you will have just moved into your new house the previous day. It's about family and giving thanks, not about the food, right?

Julie, I have pyrex too, one of which I just bought a few weeks ago! I have no idea what to do, since I'm guessing that other brands of glass bakeware are probably not any better...

Dustina, wow, I didn't know there were food coupons for Ren Fest- thanks for letting me know! I'll be sure to look for that next time we go. I love your chapstick sock, so cute! I hope Isaiah will be feeling better soon. I get those 'into my teeth' sinus headaches too, UGH! I will say a prayer for your granddad, I hope he's doing OK now too!

Courtney, holy cow, 2am line up! That's crazy! I really need to take my kids to the fair one of these days... I've lived in Austin all my life and never been to the state fair! I hope your doc calls you soon to discuss your test results!

Chris, I LOVE the pumpin socks, and the coffee sweater!

Ann, it's great to hear from you! Don't worry, we understand you're busy, and we love you anyway. I hope you will feel better soon!

Just work, work, work for me today. I'm leaving a bit early to pick the kids up, though- Chris usually does it, but he's in training this week. OH, and today is our first CSA (community supported agriculture) pick-up day! I'll get a bushell of some kind of veggies, but I don't know what yet. Yum! Tonight I have handbell rehearsal. Hopefully I'll get a little knitting done in between things.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbily For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009), knitgal (10-15-2009)
Closed Thread