Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #11011
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Pyrex care from their website.
From Truth or Fiction's site. "
Be Careful When Cooking With Pyrex Because The Dish Can Explode-Truth!
Summary of the eRumor:
A forwarded email that says Pyrex brand cookware can explode leaving you a mess of food and shattered glass to clean up.
The Truth:
The Pyrex Company has a notices on their web site that says that the Pyrex cookware can break if not used according to the directions. The company includes directions with every new Pyrex product for proper use and care. Directions are also posted on the Pyrex web site:
Click for Pyrex site.

According to the manufacturing history section on the website, "PYREX® glass products are made using a tempered soda lime glass composite, as is the vast majority of consumer glass bakeware in the North American marketplace. The Cookware Manufacturers Association considers soda lime an appropriate material for glass bakeware."
World Kitchen, LLC is the company that manufactures many brands of cookware including Pyrex® and CorningWare®. The company has approximately 2,300 employees and operates in the United States, Canada, and Asia-Pacific regions.
updated 10/02/09"

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #11012
Gio
Casting On

Super thanks anyway, will keep looking.
;-)))
Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #11013
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Thanks for the prayers he has pneumonia he had a set back with his back and they had put him on a patch for pain meds and it made him so sleepy and drugged up...then he got all congested and the hospital said with him out like that it caused it to settle in his lungs...so they are cleaning out his system of the patch and treating his pneumonia he is breathing a bit better...they might keep him tonight or move him back to the nursing home and then back to the assisted living when he is better...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
cacunn (10-15-2009), jberry16 (10-14-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #11014
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Sending prayers his way, Dustina.

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #11015
jberry16
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by dustinac View Post
Thanks for the prayers he has pneumonia he had a set back with his back and they had put him on a patch for pain meds and it made him so sleepy and drugged up...then he got all congested and the hospital said with him out like that it caused it to settle in his lungs...so they are cleaning out his system of the patch and treating his pneumonia he is breathing a bit better...they might keep him tonight or move him back to the nursing home and then back to the assisted living when he is better...
Thanks for the update Dustina.

OK so I decided to knit a small sock that will hold chapstick for the swap, instead of the pink one I've already knit, mainly because the pink one looks like it'd fit a preemie, infact it'd probably have fit Bailey when she was born.
The Following User Says Thank You to jberry16 For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #11016
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, I'll probably just keep using my Pyrex until it breaks. Call me a risk taker, but I can't afford to throw it all away! I'll check it before I use it, though! WOW! Baily's a big girl compared to her sister!

Jackie, did you get your KP stuff yet?

Dustina, I wish we could have the inlaws come even a week later. Hope you and Isaiah feel better soon. Glad your grandpa will be okay! What a scare!

Courtney, that's so frustrating that the Dr. hasn't called. We had the same issue with DH.

Chris, your pumpin socks are SO CUTE! The cup cozy is cool, too.

Ann, nice to hear from you. Sorry both you and your computer have been sick. Get well soon!

Carey, My FIL is good at taking us out to dinner. Personally, I'd rather celebrate when we're not so busy! I don't want to miss out on leftover turkey, but I'm going to want to be unpacking and settling in, not entertaining.

It's been a whirlwind day. We chose paint, carpet and wood. We got an estimate on fixing the shower that leaks, and we had the inspection. The inspector found termites. We're not happy about that, but we'll try to get the seller to at least pay for treatment. They can't sell a house with active termite infestation, so they'd be smart to do it. I'm exhausted and hungry and it's time to cook dinner. Porkchops. yum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009), jberry16 (10-14-2009), knitgal (10-15-2009)
Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM   #11017
jberry16
Instepping Out

Goooooooood mornin socksters!
It's a pretty morning in NM today. Birds are cherping, leaves are turning gold & falling on the green grass, it was a cool night so good sleeping & all my family is healthy (fingers crossed)!
I do have a quiz today in lab about the joints...and am afraid he'll throw in some questions about some tiny detail I've simply not paid attention to in the notes-please keep me in your prayers.
Happy y'all!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #11018
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Good luck, Julie! Saying a prayer!

It's a hot and muggy morning here in Austin, but we're supposed to get a "cold front" this afternoon- which means instead of 90, it will be 78. The kids have gymnastics tonight, so I have an hour of knitting time! I brought Abby's sweater and my new socks with me- hopefully I'll have the will power to bring the sweater in to gymnastics. I really need to finish that before getting back to the socks. Because, you know, we're getting a "cold front" so Abby might need a wool sweater!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes
Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #11019
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Good luck with the quiz Julie!

I'm pretty tired and kinda stiff from work so I will keep this brief. I have updated my project info on ravelry to include a picture of Owls. I am just waiting for it to dry so I can sew some eyes on (bought the buttons earlier) and then I will get a better picture of it but you can sort of see the owls on it. Love that pattern tho, will make it again.

I have no other knitting progress to speak of at the moment, work and my evening class have taken over, that and I bought Professor Layton and the Curious Village for my DS. I have spent most of this evening sewing the buttons back on to my big winter coat and fixing a press stud to my favourite bag to replace the fastening that broke. It'll do until I can afford a new bag.

The Following User Says Thank You to rachejm For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (10-16-2009)
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #11020
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Dustina: I hope your Grampa is doing better soon. I had pneumonia when I was in hospital and it's not fun at all. It really drains your strength. Best of luck to him.

I had the medical supply place come today and replace my walked and brought me a rail for the bed so that I can get out of bed so much easier. Life is looking better on that front. Also DH got me a pair of flannel pj's today. They are bright pink with little paw prints and pug puppies all over them. I have them on already.

A few days ago a friend of mine came and helped my hubby to move furniture around and tidy up my "office". It looks so much better now. DH has decided it's in his best interest to help me by keeping the house clean (enough said....).

Tomorrow DH has a doctor appointment and he wants me to go with him because I always remember all the things he wants to talk to the doctor about. We will leave here around lunch time and we will be back after supper some time.

Sunday DH goes back to work and I am going to try to knit a bit. Wish me luck!

Have a great day!!

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
dustinac (10-16-2009), jberry16 (10-16-2009)
Closed Thread