Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #611
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Ooooo I love the 9563 Olive Drab!

And here is a color card that contains 9450!
It's a very nice warm blue-grey heather! It would be great!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
lulubell (10-21-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #612
lulubell
Knitting the Flap

[quote=ArtLady1981;1257665]Ooooo I love the 9563 Olive Drab!

And here is a color card that contains 9450!
It's a very nice warm blue-grey heather! It would be great!

I have ordered 10 balls of 9450 Smoke Heather. $NZ158 with postage. So ......... by early next week I should be knitting madly!

I have e-mailed KnitPicks as I still cant get an order for Calluna through to them. When I do get that pattern perhaps 9563 Olive Drab will be calling?????????

Thank you so much for your help.
lulubell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:24 AM   #613
Lighting57
Turning the Heel

Artlady, have you compared the Cascade peruvian wool with the worsted weight peruvian that KP's has? Are they similiar? I think KP's would cost less, but was wondering if the quality and appearance were different.

Also, where can I get a pattern for the CPH? I want to make this sometime in my near future, but I've been concerned also about the zipper. I have been a seamstress for 40+ years and finding zippers that blend has been a big problem from time to time. I would not want one that didn't blend well with the yarn. Have you found that to be a problem? It would be great if the yarn companies carried a line of zippers to match their yarns. Now there's an idea!

Last edited by Lighting57 : 10-23-2009 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Add to post
Lighting57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #614
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Here is the link to the Central Park Hoodie download!
Here is a website that makes zippers in dozens of colors!
I'm satisfied to have a neutral colored zipper, for example, I used a gray zipper in my Denim Blue CPH.

I haven't tried the KnitPicks version of Cascade 220 Wool.
However, I'd guess that it's a fine alternative! And I haven't compared the yard by yard pricing either, but usually KP beats a "name brand" of comparable qualities!

Artlady at Rav
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Lighting57 (10-25-2009)
Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #615
tatankagirl
Casting On

CPH - short row shaping on fronts?
Hi, I'm sort of new to the forums here, but have found this one which might really be of help to me as I knit my Central Park Hoodie. I have finished the back (making size 44) and have done short row shaping so that I can use a 3 needle bind off.

My question is this: Now that I'm working the fronts, do I do short row shaping on them too? If so, where do I do it? I'm at the part in the pattern where it says "Shoulder Shaping". Instead of Binding off 7 stitches on the next 3 rows, do I do short rows? Or do I not do them and just knit straight up for those rows?

Thanks so much in advance for any help!
tatankagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #616
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Hi!

If you did short rows for the Back shoulders...you must have put them (the remaining "live" stitches) onto either waste yarn or holders.

To perform the 3-needle bind off...you will need to have an equal amount for each Front shoulder as well. For example: all 4 shoulders have 16 live stitches on hold.

When the time comes, you will put the 16 for the Right Front shoulder onto a needle, and you will put the 16 for the Right Back shoulder onto a needle...and THEN you take a 3rd needle for the actual binding off process.

You prolly already know that, but just in case....

And, Knitting Help has a video (it's the last one on the page) on how to work the 3-needle bindoff, but you prolly know that, too, but just in case....

And don't forget YouTube. Just enter 3-needle bind off knitting in the search bar once you get there. Here is just one:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Artlady at Rav
Old 10-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #617
tatankagirl
Casting On

CPH - Short row shaping on fronts? Yet another question
Artlady, thank you for your reply. You are right. I did put my stitches from the back onto holders, so they are waiting now for me to finish the front. (I have 21 sts for each shoulder waiting)

My question that I still have, though, is where do I begin (or do I need to do) the short row shaping on the fronts to match what I did on the back? I have worked the pattern for the fronts to this point and am down to 21 sts, which matches what I have for the shoulders on the back. But I am at the part where the pattern says "Shoulder Shaping" and it tells me to BO 7 sts at the beginning of the next 3 RS rows, then 0 sts at the beg of next RS row, so that no stitches remain on the needle. But, since I am going to want to do the 3 needle bind off, I will not want to BO those stitches, right? Do I have to do some short row shaping as I work through those rows, or do I not need to do any short row shaping, and just knit straight up in stockinette for those rows?

Again, thanks for all of your help!
Old 10-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #618
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

No, you will not bind off ANY shoulder stitches if you are going to work short rows and a 3-needle bindoff. That's what I know.

However, I followed the pattern for my shoulder shaping and bind offs....so I don't know how you should work your short rows. I'd guess that you'd work them like you worked the short rows for each of the Back shoulders.

Sorry I'm not more helpful. I rarely depart from the directions, especially when it comes to the general construction. I might make small 'design element' changes, for example, tweaking how a cable launches from the ribbing, or, where the 2x2 ribbing will end at the buttonbands location, etc. But that's about it.

Let me know how it works! Don't be afraid to try one thing, frog, and try another...til you like what you see. It's only a few stitches and a few rows worth of knitting and frogging and re-knitting. I do that all the time. Tinker with it til you like the outcome!

You will need to end up with the same amount of live stitches for each shoulder to be 3-needled!

Artlady at Rav
Old 10-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #619
tatankagirl
Casting On

CPH advice -- Thank you!
Artlady, thank you so much for your patience and advice. I rarely do anything different from the pattern as well, that's kind of why I'm in this little predicament. But, I think your advice is good....I will try something and see how it works. I'm so happy that I was able to ask someone to see what they think! Thanks again.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #620
Lighting57
Turning the Heel

Does anyone know which Interweave KNIT magazine this pattern was in? My library has back issues. I should be able to check it out. If they haven't thrown them away.
Lighting57 is offline   Reply With Quote