Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
globaltraveler
Turning the Heel

Knit A Square Challenge & KAL
Hi all!

I'm announcing my blog's first KAL and challenge, to benefit Knit A Square, which supports children made orphans by AIDS in southern Africa. We've got three lovely and generous designers (Lucy Neatby, Kristeen Griffin-Grimes, and Diana Troldahl) lined up to design 8" squares for stitchers to use if they like, and there'll be a drawing at the end of the KAL.

More details available on the blog here and here.

It'd be lovely to have a few of you generous and wonderful Knitting Help stitchers along for the ride! Hope to see you on the blog!

OTN: Eyelet Chemise in Handmaiden Sea Silk (colorway: Midnight). Still. And a purple Donegal Tweed set of fingerless mitts, to try out my new Hiya Hiya interchangeable needles.

Latest FO: A shrug for an Anthropologie swap in beautiful Casbah sock yarn, in Cedar, a dark green semi-solid, my own pattern. Also a quick Noro Silk Garden neckwarmer for my friend Aideen, in a vine lace pattern.

My knitting blog, Another Long Yarn
globaltraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to globaltraveler For This Useful Post:
Shandeh (11-04-2009)