Old 10-31-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

Recommend your shoes?
My favorite shoes of all time are no longer wearable. I attempted to have them resoled, but b/c it is a molded sole, it didn't work. I have worn them everyday for the 3 yrs. The leather upper was in fine shape (other than the puppy chewing the heel) so I am not happy. They were Dansko Folly in green/yellow. I've called Dansko and the lady's response to my request in finding another pair of these shoes was "Ma'm that's WAY discontinued." They don't make any lace-up oxfords anymore, nor are they doing that molded sole. I am picky about shoes b/c I am on my feet all day in the hosp. I am not a huge fan of black or brown shoes b/c I have to wear khakis and blue polo everyday so colorful shoes and socks are my outlet. I don't do well in shoes with no back or the Dansko professional clog - I have a long narrow foot and walk right out of them.

Help Please - my feet are killing me after a week without my shoes !!!
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
miccisue
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by vaknitter View Post
My favorite shoes of all time are no longer wearable. I attempted to have them resoled, but b/c it is a molded sole, it didn't work. I have worn them everyday for the 3 yrs. The leather upper was in fine shape (other than the puppy chewing the heel) so I am not happy. They were Dansko Folly in green/yellow. I've called Dansko and the lady's response to my request in finding another pair of these shoes was "Ma'm that's WAY discontinued." They don't make any lace-up oxfords anymore, nor are they doing that molded sole. I am picky about shoes b/c I am on my feet all day in the hosp. I am not a huge fan of black or brown shoes b/c I have to wear khakis and blue polo everyday so colorful shoes and socks are my outlet. I don't do well in shoes with no back or the Dansko professional clog - I have a long narrow foot and walk right out of them.

Help Please - my feet are killing me after a week without my shoes !!!
New Balance 845's - great shoe, and they also donate to the Susan G Komen Foundation. I LOVE them, and so do people I've recommended them to.
miccisue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to miccisue For This Useful Post:
vaknitter (11-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Ellieblue
Knitting the Flap

I would recommend anything by Easy Spirit. They come in widths and are very affordable.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Marlynrt
Casting On

Soes
I just bought a pair of Sketchers. They are called Shape Ups. Wonderful for walking and being on your feet. They are wonderful, but not cheap.
Marlyn
Marlynrt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marlynrt For This Useful Post:
vaknitter (11-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
knitasha
Turning the Heel

I have long, narrow, flat, arthritic feet and I like to walk.
These miserable feet are happy in Keen shoes, which I order from zappos.com (free shipping in both directions), and some Earth shoes, which come in a surprising range of colors and style. Both brands come only in medium widths, but with socks, especially handknit socks, they are fine. I've got some New Balance walkers in narrow width. They are nice and snug in the back and forefoot, but the toes pinch and for some reason they feel very hot.
vaknitter (11-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I second the Skecher Shape Up's. I wear a size 10 and have narrow feet. These shoes rock! You can order them from Zappo's.

Courtney
cdjack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
vaknitter (11-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
WolfWalker
Ribbing the Cuff

I too love New Balance shoes, but last year I was able to get a pair of Nike at a local Burlington Shoe Outlet for quite a reasonable price. Unfortunately, they came unglued at the toe, so I called Nike to see what they would recommend for regluing them. Nicely, they told me that most Nike shoes carry a 2 year warranty! My shoes are now heading back to them for inspection, and if they determine that the ungluing was a manufacturer defect I'll get a brand new pair of Nike shoes free of charge!

For those that would like to know whether their Nike shoes have that same 2 year warranty, it's simple. Look inside at the tag that has the shoe size.......if you see two dates at the bottom corners of that tag, that shoe has the warranty. :^) Look at the right side date, and if the current date is within 2 years of that date then it's still under warranty for manufacturer defects.

Debra in NC
WolfWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfWalker For This Useful Post:
kellyh57 (11-01-2009), Lady Violet (11-04-2009), vaknitter (11-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #8
Plantgoddess+
Working the Gusset

I third the Skechers. I am on my feet alot on uneven ground and live on a hillside. Besides their website http://http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/women;jsessionid=42tCU-5lUHiGpm6UKvlq8A**** you can also find some models at Sears and Pennys. They do make shoes for industrial work as well. I have problems with plantars fasciatis and falling arches and find them quite comfortable.
vaknitter (11-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
thecatsmother
Knitting the Flap

the ones I wear are Birkenstock clogs and I wore them when I worked in the hospital also they are really comfortable, sadly these have become the only shoes I can wear because of a bunion I have starting to really pinch my feet so I'm not sure what I am going to do about a wedding I have to attend in December...errr!! can I get Birkenstocks with bling??
vaknitter (11-01-2009)
Old 11-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
vaknitter
Working the Gusset

Thank you for all your suggestions. I dragged the hubby out searching with me today and here's what I found...

I didn't know they made anything other than sandals ! Sure enough one of the stores we went to today had a lace up version that comes in a lot of colors. The store only carried up to a 10 and it was too small so I may get on Zappos and order a couple of pairs to try at home.

Dansko professional clogs come in NARROW (who knew)!! This makes them a real possibility for me. The store only had brown in narrow, so again, I will have to get on Zappos and order a colorful pair to try out for an hour or two in the house and see how my legs feel.
Maybe I'll splurge and own 2 pair of work shoes !!
Clarks store didn't stock any size 11's and the 10 was too small. Overall the pair of 10's I tried on didn't feel like they had a lot of support.

I've never tried Sketcher's so I will have to look at them. As for New Balance, they are great shoes and I recommend them to a lot patients with wide/pronated feet. Personally, never had pair I was comfortable in - for sneakers I stick with Addidas.
vaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote