Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #11121
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
In case anyone's interested the recipe I'm using is here. I'll let you all know how it tastes after we eat some for dinner tonight.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #11122
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Hi everyone! Like others, I've been busy, but read along with everyone. Spent the evening yesterday at my mom and dad's for a family birthday party. 3 birthdays celebrated...my older DD, niece, and my dad. It was a nice visit. Gave my DD tickets to see Wicked in January. It's coming to our area and she's excited to be going. Gave my niece a hair straightener she wanted. She has very curly hair and hates it (she's 11). My sister was fine with it, but my mom was liike "She's too young for that." I did heat it up and straightened her hair and she loved it. Showed her how to do it and also safety with it. She was too cute and she looked older with the straight hair.

Can't believe it's November already. Time is just flying by. Work has been busy which is good. Max is getting bigger and doing well at his obedience training. He's still a handful though, lol. Shhh...don't tell him but he goes for neutering next week.

Gina~Still keeping good thoughts for you that the house works out as planned. Congrats on your DD's engagement. Glad you like the guy and his parents!

Julie~Glad to hear you all are on the mend. Good to stay in with the girls. Your DH is getting a Mustang? I have a '07 and love it! Continued luck and good grades with school. I don't know how you do it all!

Susan~Glad you had a nice visit with Christine. I must be hard for her not being able to be with Boots as much as she would like. Safety for her at this point is a must though.

Christine~Think of you daily and send healing thoughts your way!

Dustina~Yay for no more football practice and late night games! Glad Roo had a good time at the harvest parties. Hope your Halloween was fun.

Courtney~We stayed home for Halloween but didn't have any trick or treaters. We live too rural and most of the kids on our road are older now.

Rachel~Hope you find work soon that you enjoy. Such hard times all over.

Carey~You sound super busy and the holidays haven't even started yet!

Chris~Mmmmm...sticky buns!

Hi to everyone! To answer the QOTD from the other day: I bought some socks in October. Doesn't count, does it?

Have a great evening everyone!

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (11-02-2009), rachejm (11-03-2009)
Old 11-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #11123
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi socksters,
Hope you've all had a good day. I'm getting discouraged about the whole house thing. I found out this morning that it will be TEN MORE DAYS before we find out if the appraisal contesting did any good. That leaves SIX days before closing. I need to order carpet THIS WEEK or it won't be here on time for the few days between closing and move-in. So that whole, "I'm at peace with whatever" feeling I had last week has sort of vanished. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Carey, we're pretty excited about DD's engagement. Some of her friends threw her a surprise engagement party.

Christine, I'm figuring it must be hard for you to get on the computer. Know that we miss you and are thinking of you!
Julie, I get tired just hearing all you've done today! Your bread link was for the pizza dough. I take it you did something else with it? We started cleaning out the garage, but we're not nearly finished. I'll try to put some more time in tomorrow, but my hip is flared up, so being on my feet for very long is painful.

Chris, I sometimes make cinnamon rolls like that, but I still use the regular amount of yeast. SO delicious!

Lisa, your family celebration sounds really nice. I really miss not having family around. Poor Max. We won't tell him, but it's for the best! Post a picture when you get a chance. I'd love to see how he's grown.

I WASHED socks in October. That doesn't count, either, though, does it?

I ordered yarn from JoAnne's (Patons Kroy solid charcoal) to make some Knucks for Amit, but I got an email back saying the yarn was on backorder, so they canceled my order. Now I have to find another yarn or another place to order it. Most places I've checked have it on backorder. I already checked Ravelry... What a pain! Anyone have a good suggestion? I don't have an LYS that I can get to quickly, so I have to order unless it's from Hobby Lobby or Michael's and I already checked there. I need a light DK or heavy fingering weight , preferably washable in a solid or marl grays/ blacks, no stripes or patterns. Oh, and it should be soft! Ideas, anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
Lisa1216 (11-02-2009)
Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #11124
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Gina: Have you ever ordered yarn from Webs? I really like their line of yarn called Valley Yarns. It's great quality at a reasonable price.
Here are two washable yarns:

http://www.yarn.com/webs-knitting-cr...ns-huntington/

http://www.yarn.com/webs-knitting-cr...-superwash-dk/

Also, Berocco Comfort comes in both DK and sock weight (and both come in charcoal). My lys carries both and I would be happy to get them for you and send them to Houston.

Oh, and two more agitation cycles later, I finally have a pair of felted ballet slippers that fit. I'll post a pic when they are dry.

Courtney
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #11125
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Julie, I get tired just hearing all you've done today! Your bread link was for the pizza dough. I take it you did something else with it? We started cleaning out the garage, but we're not nearly finished. I'll try to put some more time in tomorrow, but my hip is flared up, so being on my feet for very long is painful.

I ordered yarn from JoAnne's (Patons Kroy solid charcoal) to make some Knucks for Amit, but I got an email back saying the yarn was on backorder, so they canceled my order. Now I have to find another yarn or another place to order it. Most places I've checked have it on backorder. I already checked Ravelry... What a pain! Anyone have a good suggestion? I don't have an LYS that I can get to quickly, so I have to order unless it's from Hobby Lobby or Michael's and I already checked there. I need a light DK or heavy fingering weight , preferably washable in a solid or marl grays/ blacks, no stripes or patterns. Oh, and it should be soft! Ideas, anyone?
Gina the link takes you to the page where the 'master' recipe is, that's used to make the bread & pizza dough, same thing just you add cornmeal for the pizza dough.
BTW I just tasted the bread I made today & WOW! it's yummy.

Dinner tonight is a salad, fresh baked bread, mushrooms sauteed in cooking sherrie, garlic, salt & butter, and baked chicken parmesan! yummy! The house smells so good right now.

Gina I'll look at my local Michaels & JoAnns for that yarn; how many skeins do you need? 2? If I find it I'll mail it to you.
ETA:I just checked ravelry & it says it's discontinued yarn.
ETA2; Gina could you e-mail this ravelrer and see if you could buy it from her?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #11126
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Julie, I just need one skein. If you find it, hold onto it. I'll get it from you when I see you next week! They must have just added the "discontinued" notice on Ravelry. I searched it yesterday and it wasn't there! Your dinner sounds SO yummy! The raveler you linked to has the brown/blue color. I know she listed it as gray, and it looks gray from a distance, but I can get that one--I used it for DS's and LOVE the colors, but DD insists that her BF wants BLACK hues. I don't think Michael's carries this particular yarn. At least they don't have it at the Michael's in town.

Courtney, I have ordered yarn from Webs and loved it except the colors weren't very true on the website. That didn't stop me, though. Thanks for the links. I also like the berroco yarns. They donated a box of yarn to our knitting group. I don't mind ordering--it just helps to have recommendations, since I can't fondle the yarn! Glad your slippers are working out! Amazing what hot water and agitation does for felting! I often do two or three (or more) agitation cycles.

I'm so glad y'all are my friends! This is my favorite place to go because of all of you!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (11-03-2009)
Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #11127
Lisa1216
Turning the Heel

Gina~Here a few pics of Max. These were taken last month. He is a little bigger now.

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

On the needles: Not much
Finshed: Nothing lately
Lisa1216 on Ravelry
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa1216 For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (11-03-2009)
Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #11128
cdjack
Turning the Heel

I need to go into town today. I'll check Joann's and Hobby Lobby for the sock yarn, Gina.

Courtney
The Following User Says Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
G J (11-03-2009)
Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #11129
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Good Morning Socksters!!

So good to see the posts today

I've been battling my sinuses again grrr had the change in weather

Lisa~he is too cute!!

Gina~Keeping you in my prayers... Congrats to your daughter loved all the clues

Julie~Hope you can find time soon to knit

Courtney~Can't wait to see them

Carey~hope it calms down for you too

Rachel~I hope you find work soon, will keep it in my prayers

Chris~I agree with Lisa YUMMM for sticky buns

Hi Sue, Christine, Carla, and everyone miss you all!!

JD's brother and girlfriend was up this past weekend...then Sunday we made out Isaiah's b-day invites...yesterday I had to get the house back in shape but then a sinus headache took me out and I was in bed before the kids ...today still have one but gotta get some stuff done...thankfully I don't have to go anywhere today...

I'll be glad when things calm down here for a spell which I thought would happen after football but it hasn't...I'm hoping to get to go to knit night on Thursday...haven't been in a few months now...

I hope you guys have a wonderful day of knitting

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dustinac For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (11-03-2009), Lisa1216 (11-03-2009), rachejm (11-03-2009)
Old 11-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #11130
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Have any of ya'll seen the infinity scarves that are popular this fall...I seen it on Oprah and thought I could make that. I googled some today and some were expensive...(link is google shopping)

I was thinking you could cast on like 250-300 sts and then work some rounds and bind off...or cast on fewer sts and work as a scarf and then seam the ends together...gonna try and see what I can come up with

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
Closed Thread