Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Fantine
Ribbing the Cuff

Crocheting into the "same stitch"
I have a general question involving the right way to "crochet into the same stitch." I frequently see directions that tell me to connect the ends of a round with a slip stitch and then to do a SD (or a DC) "in the same stitch." How exactly do I do that? I can't figure out what loop I'm supposed to be using. Can anybody give me some information or maybe a video? This has been bugging me for some time now. Thanks.

Just to clarify, I understand how to do multiple stitches, what I can't figure out is how to do a SC or a DC "in the same stitch" after a slip stitch or a chain.
Fantine is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
blueygh2
Turning the Heel

When you join, you do a slip stitch into the first stitch of ... well, into a stitch. The stitch you did the slipstitch into you also do the SC or DC into.

At least that's what I've been doing whenever a pattern told me to "crochet into the same stitch". Sometimes you have to have a close look to see what stitch it is.

I'm NOT a "miss", I'm a lady!
blueygh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blueygh2 For This Useful Post:
Fantine (11-15-2009)
Old 11-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
mathwizard
Turning the Heel

same stitch
When you do a sc or dc in the same stitch as the slip stitch you are referring to the stitch from the first round or the previous row.
Past Portfolio reviewer for Crochet Guild of America
mathwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mathwizard For This Useful Post:
Fantine (11-15-2009)