Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #11211
Abbily
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,120 Posts
Gina, YAY! Glad the house is closed!

Dustina, I ignore all that stuff. I have no idea if it tells people, but I figure people understand that not everyone wants to participate in that stuff.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space, I'm a loony!" -Campbell Bain (David Tennant) 'Takin' Over the Asylum'

OTN: Cabled Sweater, arm warmers, kids' clothes

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #11212
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
Originally Posted by Abbily View Post
Gina, YAY! Glad the house is closed!

Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 PM   #11213
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Dustina I ignore all that stuff too, if you want I'll send you something and you just ignore it and I'll let you know if I got anything; but I doubt it. I used to do farmville but dont have the time.

Hey friends, please say an extra prayer for me about 9:30 eastern time that I do well on my exam tonight, I've been studying and feel I know most of the material, but I could always use some extra prayers. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #11214
sue in canada
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,270 Posts
Hi everyone.

Just a quick look in. Happy Belated Birthday to Katie and Isaiah. It was my grandson's 16th birthday on Tuesday and we went to a surprise 60th birthday party for a friend on Saturday.
This afternoon I helped a friend dress a lot of dolls that were donated for the school sale. They were all naked so we quickly made very rough little cotton dresses to make them look a little better. Sold a few more cards to friends and have been making my own Christmas cards.

Gina: Glad the closing went okay.

Christine: Hope things are progressing well for you.

Julie: The girls look so cute in their hats.

Dustina: Glad Isaiah had a good day at school for his birthday.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #11215
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Hi Socksters,
It's time for bed, but I thought I'd stop in and say hi.
The house repairs are coming along, although a bit slower than anticipated. The good news is that the house already smells SO much better than before. Today the duct work was cleaned and we cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms. What a job! They were SO dirty/greasy! The painting is coming along and the floors in the dining room are about half done. Most of the carpet is ripped out and has left the building. In the rooms where it's still there, it still smells. Can't wait for it ALL to be gone!

Dustina, they can't tell. Even if you "Unfriend" someone, they don't know it until they try to click on your profile.

Julie, I was praying for you!

Hope the rest of you are well!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (11-20-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #11216
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanks for the prayers y'all, I feel like I did good on this exam. Out of 65 questions I only guessed (mostly educated) on 9 of them. Hopefully I'll have results on Tuesday, if so I'll txt them to Gina and she can post asap, or I can post when I get home, about 9ish, mountain time.
Now I'm going to sleep and tomorrow I plan on
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #11217
cdjack
Turning the Heel

Hey everybody!

As usual, I have been reading all the posts, but I haven't posted in a while. I finished and blocked my February Lady Sweater but still haven't found the right buttons. I might drive to Dallas to go to the JoAnn Superstore this weekend.

I also finished two pair of felted ballet slippers for Christmas gifts. One more pair to go.

Along with:

this http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...e-ribbed-shrug

this http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/whirligig-shrug

and this http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ribbed-vest-4

Oh, and a pair of tennis socks for dh.

The shrug for my sister is almost done and I've started the shrug for my niece. The vest for my mom is done on 11's and I figure I can do tennis socks pretty fast (no leg to knit). So, I'm pretty confident that I can get it all done in plenty of time.

Julie: Your daughters are just beautiful. And I hope the test went well.

Gina: Yay on the house! I know y'all are supposed to get a lot of rain this weekend. I hope it doesn't slow down your progress.

Dustina: I get those requests on FB ALL THE TIME. People wanting me to join the mafia , a sorority, help their farm, or play farkle.
I ignore it all.

Chris: That colorway is gorgeous! The recipient of those socks is a lucky person.

It's yucky here today. It's rainy and a humid 58 degrees. Expecting a cold front this afternoon. Perfect for knitting.

Hope everybody is doing well.

I'll post pictures soon. I thought that I had lost my camera charger and it turns out it's in my Dh's desk drawer AT WORK. No idea what it's doing there. So, when he remembers to bring it home, I'll post pictures of my FLS and slippers.

Courtney
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdjack For This Useful Post:
cacunn (11-20-2009), jberry16 (11-20-2009)
Old 11-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #11218
jberry16
Instepping Out

Why is it so quiet in here?

I just finished spinning the singles, blue and green, for Jacob's hat, after dinner and baths I'll try to ply it and knit his hat so he can wear it to Mass this Sunday...busy weekend though so maybe I can get it done
Old 11-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #11219
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Wow, it really is quiet on here!

Are you tired of my house updates? Sorry, but here's another one.
I'm EXHAUSTED! We've been at the house at 8 am, working until 10 every night, but progress is being made. The flooring is ALMOST finished. The painting is ALMOST finished. Nick's girlfriend, Olivia, and her parents, Clay and Belva, came to help ALL DAY today. I'm SO grateful! What wonderful people! The house is taking shape. The flooring guy will NOT be hired by me again. I told him Thursday that it was supposed to rain for the next two days, so he needed to get the carpet before it rained. Think he listened? Nope. It took me finding a guy to deliver the carpet in a van to get it here. I had to pay him $50 to do it, so you can bet I took that out of what I paid the carpet guy.

Julie, congrats on the test. You deserve good grades!

Courtney, I'm jealous of all the knitting you've accomplished. You go, girl! The rain hampered us a little. We had hoped to use pickups to transport boxes, but ended up renting a U-haul. Only took one trip to get all the boxes and some shelving units for the garage, plus some other stuff.

I'm not looking forward to unpacking it all, but I am looking forward to being finished!

Have a good weekend, Y'all!
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (11-22-2009)
Old 11-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #11220
rachejm
Knitting the Flap

Hey ,

Sorry I've been AWOL. I have been reading, just not posting. College got a little hectic, it still is really but I'm bored and taking a break. Last week I had a job interview at a school. I didn't get it but they said they were impressed and would offer me voluntary work if I wanted it. I thought about taking them up on it but travel costs would be an issue with that school so I can't really afford it.

Other than that I've been working. The hotel has bed bugs at the moment, not nice, makes me feel really itchy just thinking about it.

I started knitting a hat for one of my cousins. Its a Christmas present for him since I made one for his sister.

Gina, glad the house stuff is going well.

Closed Thread