Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #11301
G J
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,960 Times in 862 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to G J
Emily, keep saving! Pets are expensive and you want to have a "just in case" fund set aside. Not to mention the price of food....

Julie, YAY that you're getting it! What are you currently working on? Do you have down the chapters you sent me? Have you started the next set yet? Be sure to talk to the prof to make sure you're on the right track!

Chris, yep, that counts!

Dustina, your friend is in my prayers. How very difficult!
Glad Roo's party was a success. The pics were great!

Christine, LOL on your grandson's letter!!! How old is he? I hope cross stitch works out for you. I used to do a lot of it, too.

Jackie, yes, my decorations are done. We didn't put much out this year.

Sue, good for you for having your shopping done! I'm nearly finished. I've ordered most stuff online and stopped at the mall for a gift for DD today. The termites were SUPPOSED to have been taken care of. I'm NOT HAPPY about having to pay for treatment!

In house news, they finally got the bathroom cupboard ripped out that was all moldy because of the shower leak. It smells TERRIBLE in there now. We keep tape over the door so we don't have to smell it and I got a gel thing today that's supposed to absorb odor. They promised they would get it all clean and we'd have no smell. We find out tomorrow exactly where the leak is and what it will take to fix it.

In knitting news, the Knucks I was making for Amit were too small (I think) so I started over with different yarn. I seriously doubt if I will be done by Christmas. Oh well.

Hi to the rest of you. Anyone heard from Ann lately? Christmas is a tough time without those you love....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
dustinac (12-10-2009), jberry16 (12-10-2009), jess_hawk (12-10-2009), The.Knitter (12-10-2009)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #11302
knitgal
Working the Gusset

Hello all!

I'm sorry I haven't checked in. I have been popping in from time to time to read how you're all doing, but I haven't felt like talking about me. Not only are the holidays hard, but my 24th birthday is on Sunday and I realized while checking the mail on Monday that I won't be getting a card from my mom. This might seems silly- of course I won't be getting a card from my mom, but I sort of expected one. This of course set me off, but I'm doing better.

Anyways, I have been knitting up a storm for Christmas. I have made mittens for Josh's SIL, mittens for his sister, socks for my brother, a shawl for Nanny, a scarf for Josh and I'm making fingerless gloves for his mom. I figure if I keep myself busy knitting I can't think about much else.

Gina- it sounds like you've had a few headaches with the house! What a pain. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Sue- Nice that all your shopping is done! I have done most of mine, but still need a few things.

Emily- Yay for a new apartment and yay for a dog come March! I know when I got my cat I had to take her to the vet about 3 times in the first month, so save up!

Julie- It's the 10th and we have snow- I'll try to ship it express for the 15th, does that help?

Christine- Sounds like you're doing better. Glad you're on here and keeping positive

Dustina- I hope Jackson's mom is okay

Hi everyone else Sorry for staying away so long. I guess avoiding people doesn't make the hurt go away either.

OTN: Corona, Miter square blanket, Charity blankets
FO: Forest Canopy Shawl, Easy Baby Bootees, Kitty Pi, Ms. Marigold, Twinkle Toes, Josh's socks, Hedera socks, Spring Beret, Ashley's Birthday socks, Socks for the DBF's mom, grey socks for the DBF, my first socks, reversible cable scarf, ribbed hat for the BF, Manos Del Uruguay afghan, and a whole bunch of dishcloths!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knitgal For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (12-10-2009), jess_hawk (12-10-2009), The.Knitter (12-10-2009)
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #11303
G J
Instepping Out

Oh, Ann, honey, I SO feel for you! I was wondering how you were doing. You're in my prayers. I think of you so often. I'm glad you're knitting (pics, please!) but you're right....avoiding people doesn't make the hurt stop. We can share it, though. Know that we love you.

Today, I'm waiting for repair people and doing some editing for DH. Maybe I'll get some knitting done. I've been taking it to rehearsals and have about 1/3 of one of the Knucks done. I wish I was a faster
knitter and had more stamina. I have to quit way to soon! and I just found out that DS's GF's birthday is next week and her family is coming to dinner. I'd LOVE to get a scarf or hat on the needles for her. Any suggestions? She's turning 20. At least I could use bigger needles. These size 4s are not helping my hands.
The Following User Says Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
knitgal (12-11-2009)
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #11304
The.Knitter
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by G J View Post
Christine, LOL on your grandson's letter!!! How old is he? I hope cross stitch works out for you. I used to do a lot of it, too.
Gina, he will be 10 in February! He is quite the character. I love him to bits. I got a cross stitch kit while I was out Tuesday night. I will start it some time today to see if I can do this kind of work. I got most of my Christmas shopping done too. I only have a box of chocolates and a can of nuts left to buy and I am done totally (except for the Christmas food).

Hugs Ann, the firsts are always the hardest. Try to keep yourself very busy and the next thing you know it will be the New Year. Remember we love you and will be here if you want to chat.

Yesterday we had snow, then freezing rain, then rain. Today it's just started snowing again. When the handicapped bus comes, they are much more careful loading people onto the bus in this weather. I got some Tender Tootsie boots that just slip on and velcro closed so my feet WILL be warm this year.

Find our "Canadian Oddball Blanket KAL" on Ravelry as: OddballBlankets

The Following User Says Thank You to The.Knitter For This Useful Post:
knitgal (12-11-2009)
Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #11305
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Think I did ok on the final, out of 85 there were 13 microscope, 4 human brain, 4 sheep brain, 2 spinal nerves, 4 spinal cord, and 4 on each the leg muscle & 4 arm muscles models. I guessed a couple microscope questions, think I got the others right, & guessed on about 5 of the worded questions. Special thanks to Gina for coaching me & helping tutor me on how to study. I really felt much better going into this exam.
And of course thanks to everyone else for the prayers, I could feel them
The review last night for lecture was an eye opener, the last thing he went over I didn't remember because I wasn't in class when he went over it on Tues. and Brian was working late. But I have it in the notes and so I'll be able to figure it out (I hope).
Jacob's off from school today, but Bailey has it so I hope to get some of my study sheet done today, maybe put Jacob on the pc playing PBS games and then put Katie down for a nap while Bailey's at school. I can't wait to be done with finals because my house is a disaster & I can't think when it's such a mess.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #11306
G J
Instepping Out

Christine, be careful on the ice! Even the best boots sometimes don't grip like they should!

Julie, YAY on the exam. We'll pray that your grade is SKY HIGH and that you pass with ease! Keep working on it. The house can wait!

Speaking of houses, we discovered a screw that had been put through the pan in the shower causing the leak and subsequent mold. There was also another pan crammed in the corner under the shower along with an empty beer bottle. SOmeone was obviously supposed to replace the pan and didn't. So we're going after the builder for faulty workmanship....sent pictures, etc. (you can see my facebook for pics.) Unfortunately, that means my bathroom is still unusable! The kids are coming home tomorrow for Christmas break and we have one bathroom for four adults and you have to go through one of their bedrooms to get to the bathroom. Ugh. Let's pray that the builder steps up and does the right thing, fixing the problem and making it good in short order!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G J For This Useful Post:
jberry16 (12-11-2009), The.Knitter (12-11-2009)
Old 12-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #11307
G J
Instepping Out

Something's up with our ANY SOCK KAL logo. In its place is a notice saying that the account is inactive or something. Carla, didn't you make our lovely logo? Is there something we can do to resurrect it?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #11308
jberry16
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,162 Posts
Send a message via MSN to jberry16 Send a message via Yahoo to jberry16
Thanks Gina, you know I'm praying! I wasn't so worried about the lab final as I am this lecture one that's on Tues. night.
That darn house you moved into is just a mess, one thing after another. I'll pray that the builder does the right thing, good grief. What a pain. Well I guess if it's any consolation, we only had 1 bathroom growing up for a long time, like 10 years & there were 5 of us. If you know anything about the Duggar family, in the home they rented before the one they now live in that they built by themselves with cash (they're 100% debt free) I think there were 16 of them at the time, Mom and Dad and 14 kids (granted I'm sure a couple of them were in diapers, but they only had 2 bathrooms...it could be worse. At least you have a working bathroom & it's indoor plumbing. If worst comes to worst, you can always get a camping porta poty to put in a room for emergencies...or get to know your neighbors really well. Wish you'd moved in on our street, we'd let you use our bathrooms no questions asked This too shall pass.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #11309
OffJumpsJack
Working the Gusset

First Appt & First Home
Originally Posted by cacunn View Post
Jess it is too bad that you couldn't find a place that allows pets. Do you think you could sneak a dog in?

Have you considered the local pound or Humane society? You might be able to get a FREE puppy or check the newspaper for "looking for a good home."

Congratulation to the new home, I can still remember my first apartment, decorated in early Goodwill.
My wife calls our decor "Early American Gypsy."

as Off-Jumps-Jack

OTN another Black & gold Diagonal Square Potholder
OTH Baby blanket
OTH Lace doily - A vintage pattern recreating from an heirloom.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #11310
cacunn
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,103 Times in 826 Posts
I hope that evryone has been busy knitting and that is the reason that this thread has been so quiet. Since I have no life I live vicariously through your posts.

Come on Christine - your PC is running faster I expect at least one post a day! How is the cross-stitch going?

The Following User Says Thank You to cacunn For This Useful Post:
The.Knitter (12-12-2009)
Closed Thread