Old 12-31-2009, 10:46 PM   #31
offgridgirl
Knitting the Flap

It is also a Blue moon tonight!!

A Blue Moon occurs when we have two Full Moons in the same month. It is the second of these two Full Moons. On December 31st, we will experience such an event. This New Year's Eve is indeed a “Once in a Blue Moon” opportunity to focus on our resolutions, not just for the year 2010 but also for the rest of our lives. According to ancient astrologers, all rituals will be more powerful than usual. This is the ideal time to write down all of your hopes, dreams and wishes.

This Full Moon is also significant because it is a Partial Lunar Eclipse. This Full Blue Moon Lunar Eclipse occurs on December 31, 2009 at 10 degrees in the sign of Cancer at 11:13 am Pacific / 12:13 PM Mountain / 1:13 pm Central / 2:13 pm Eastern Time. It is the first of two eclipses. There will be a Solar Eclipse in two weeks, on Januray 14th, 2010. This two-week period, between the two eclipses, is a very powerful time of manifestation. Be sure to consciously focus your mind, imagination and emotions on what you do want to experience. Remember not to give your energy to that which you wish to be free of. This Full Moon Eclipse is an ideal time to focus on forgiveness and come to terms with past hurts. Take responsibility for any unresolved, repressed, fear-based emotions as they are exposed to you. If you are experiencing negative emotions during this day or about four days before and after this date, be sure to feel, express and release them to Spirit. The tendency of most people is to look outside of themselves and blame others for their pain. Only when we take responsibility for our own creations can we heal ourselves and evolve spiritually.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #32
crocee
Knitting the Flap

I think I will be here also. My son is bringing in the new year with his girlfriend. Its my job to take her home at 12:30-1:00. I remember the party last year and it was a blast.
crocee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #33
scrappygolden
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by sgtpam View Post
Actually...I need to make myself slippers, too! I ended up giving away all of the ones I made this year...even the ones I was wearing!

I'll probably do the pocket book pattern...I really like it and wouldn't have to learn a new pattern.....or mess it up when it gets a little late!

Too funny and what are the odds - I have the yarn, needles and pattern right in front of me to make a pair of those slippers! Our knit guild asked us to bring slippers to our next meeting to donate to a nursing home and I think this pattern is cute.
scrappygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #34
mamapaulsel
Working the Gusset

Happy New Year, 2010 is going to be a GREAT year!

I'm here working my my sweater with all of you fellow knitters. Please put my name in for the drawings, Sandy. Looks like some really nice things that you are giving away.

If anyone wants to check out what I did today just go to my blog thread and see the yarn that my DD's kool aid dyed. It was a blast and the yarn turned out so pretty
Old 12-31-2009, 11:38 PM   #35
sgtpam
Turning the Heel

I'm here......about another inch of ribbing to go on the first slipper. They're great slippers...so say my sisters, nieces and Mom

Sandi always has such great ideas....and yummy yarn

I'm watching Major Payne with my knitting...that movie cracks me up!

Almost ready for that first glass of bubbly.....

sgtpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #36
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
I managed to make about 7 inches on my Palindrome scarf, then frogged it to make it about an inch wider. Does anyone have tips on how to keep track of how many rows are between the cables? It's driving me crazy losing my place. At this rate, this could be an incredibly l-o-n-g scarf!

knit2btied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #37
Ellieblue
Knitting the Flap

web cam in New York
There is a live streaming video on Earthcam of Times Square looks like they're having a great time there
Old 12-31-2009, 11:47 PM   #38
UruzPhoenix
1st Leg of the Journey

You've just interpreted the odd dreams i've been having

Happy new year everyone! My minions are watching america's funniest home videos and i'm working on the infernal socks (not just because they're red, well, bronzed berry bliss technically LOL! but because i've never had this much issue with a basic pair of socks! between yarn splits and dropped stitches.....) and thinking of loading twilight

OTN
more socks.... pics of past projects up at my blog.

my knitting blog
HeathenWytch on Ravelry
UruzPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #39
knit2btied
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to knit2btied
Originally Posted by UruzPhoenix View Post
Y but because i've never had this much issue with a basic pair of socks! between yarn splits and dropped stitches.....) and thinking of loading twilight
Not an auspicious beginning, I'm afraid...

knit2btied is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #40
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Hello everyone!
Our New Year Celebration is about to begin!

Originally Posted by UruzPhoenix View Post
i'll see ya there tonight, my dh is at work (won't be home until 2 am eastern *pout*), the minions will more than likely be passed out by then (they're going to try and stay up to watch a scary movie marathon LOL!) and i'll hopefully be finishing off these socks.. Happy New Year everyone!
Welcome to the party, UruzPhoenix! Good luck with your socks (and minions)

Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
how fun!!! We are going to a friend's house... I am crocheting a couple of the Lion Brand cotton bunny blankets for a few babies due soon so I'm not getting into any knitting until those are done. I should be able to finish one tonight if I make it home in time to catch the party here.
Cool! Cotton Bunny Blankets!
I'm not able to crochet much, because of my arthritis, but I do a few stitches now and then for borders and such. An entire blanket would take me FOREVER!

Originally Posted by auburnchick View Post
I will be working on the Tree of Life Afghan, which I'm making for a couple that is getting married tomorrow. It won't be ready in time for the wedding, but I'm getting close...maybe by the time they get home from their honeymoon.
That pattern is A M A Z I N G!! You GO Nathalie!

Originally Posted by sgtpam View Post
I'm still looking to see if anybody put a 2010 "rag" together......
No KH 2010 dishcloth this year, Pam. But, we'll still have a good time!

Originally Posted by Ellieblue View Post
I'll be here too I remember we had a great time last year. I got a new computer for christmas with windows7 hope it doesn't crash on me
I'm sending good computer vibes your way, my friend!

Originally Posted by coastalknitter View Post
Staying in cuz I'm sick so this is something to look forward to! Yippee! Knitting in the new year!
Awww! Poor you! I hope you get better.

Originally Posted by lelvsdgs View Post
I'll be here too. Just saying home with the cat. Had a long day at work and really looking forward to some TV, knitting and some fun time on here with all of you! I'll most likely work on a cowl I've been making but I might just cast on something new for fun...
Welcome! Thanks for joining us!

Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post
I'm doing the scarf pattern from my LionBrand Learn to Knit Kit (Christmas present from DH ). I finished the hat last night. I was so pleased with it. I'm almost done with the first leg, with the garter stitch. Then it goes into the stockinette stitch. I've practiced purl but putting it into play on a real pattern has me a bit nervous................I did a dish cloth the other night, in garter stitch. Perhaps I should do another one but use stockinette to get some practice in. Ohhh, the options.
You can do it! Just keep practicing and practicing. It will make more sense as you go, and your knitting will be better and better.

Originally Posted by offgridgirl View Post
It is also a Blue moon tonight!!
Thank you for the story about the moon! Very cool.

Originally Posted by crocee View Post
I think I will be here also. My son is bringing in the new year with his girlfriend. Its my job to take her home at 12:30-1:00. I remember the party last year and it was a blast.

Originally Posted by scrappygolden View Post
Too funny and what are the odds - I have the yarn, needles and pattern right in front of me to make a pair of those slippers! Our knit guild asked us to bring slippers to our next meeting to donate to a nursing home and I think this pattern is cute.
Funny, how great minds think alike.

Originally Posted by mamapaulsel View Post
Happy New Year, 2010 is going to be a GREAT year! I'm here working my my sweater with all of you fellow knitters. Please put my name in for the drawings, Sandy. Looks like some really nice things that you are giving away.
Welcome to the party, Brenda!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shandeh For This Useful Post:
mamapaulsel (12-31-2009), sgtpam (01-01-2010), UruzPhoenix (12-31-2009)